Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2010, 11:11 AM

11,486 posts, read 15,386,157 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
In 4 years the OP can seek Obamacare mental health counseling.

Is it FREE?

Where do I get my FREE HC?

Old 04-13-2010, 11:11 AM

6,497 posts, read 11,878,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomander View Post
Sounds like your unhealthy political opinions have influenced you to the point of being socially dysfunctional. Might want to have a long hard think about your attachment emotionally to political issues.

Old 04-13-2010, 11:12 AM

39,031 posts, read 23,127,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
In 4 years the OP can seek Obamacare mental health counseling.
Hope he lasts that long ... I am beginning to seriously worry about him and his blood pressure.

Old 04-13-2010, 11:15 AM

9,317 posts, read 18,840,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
Just an obervation- when I walk into any business and they have FOX News on the TV in the business, it really makes me question whether or not I want to do business with them. That tells me this business is owned or managed by somebody that hates our President and is on the far right wing nutcase fringe. I usually go ahead, buy what I want, and leave. But I do think about it but until this week never said anything.
I took my nephew to the dentist and the dentist had FOX News playing on the TV in the waiting room. A waiting room is not like a store where I can be and out quickly. It is a place where I am forced to wait for long periods of time to see the dentist (or doctor). I was a bit offended and I told the receptionist after 10 minutes "I don't mind waiting but I would rather not be subjected to right wing racism and ranting while I am waiting". I asked if the channel could be changed and, to my surprise, she handed me the DirecTV remote and told me to put it on what I wanted!
Well beings there were 2 other people in the waiting room, I did not choose the Speed Channel but I did change it to CNN Headline News. I think everybody appreciated that! BTW I know I mistyped dentist but I cannot edit the headline.

By all means go someplace else. You have that right and I support the owner of the business having what he/she wants on the T.V. I have seen people in waiting rooms change channels.

I feel the same way about left wing media robots and I just tune it out. I have been subjected to NBC at the ER waiting room but did not come uncorked over it. You don't much believe in freedom of choice after all do you?

Old 04-13-2010, 11:18 AM

596 posts, read 894,245 times
First of all, I should say that I'm a capitalist. If you feel strongly about something, you vote with your pocketbook and take your business elsewhere.

However, something this trivial really indicates to me that anyone in this situation (including a conservative whining about the TV being tuned to MSNBC) is a control freak. Living in a diverse society means willingness to deal with diverse thought.

But your surprise that they were willing to hand you the remote shows that you really do jump to conclusions when it comes to other people, don't you? Maybe that is something you should work on as a self-improvement project.

Old 04-13-2010, 11:21 AM

8,699 posts, read 9,245,454 times
If I'm flipping for news channels and all are running commercials at the same time, I may stop at a channel that I wouldn't normally watch. Commercials get on my nerves to no end, more so than any talking head...most times...

Old 04-13-2010, 12:00 PM

15,268 posts, read 8,804,105 times
Quote:
Just an obervation- when I walk into any business and they have FOX News on the TV in the business, it really makes me question whether or not I want to do business with them. That tells me this business is owned or managed by somebody that hates our President and is on the far right wing nutcase fringe. I usually go ahead, buy what I want, and leave. But I do think about it but until this week never said anything.
I took my nephew to the dentist and the dentist had FOX News playing on the TV in the waiting room. A waiting room is not like a store where I can be and out quickly. It is a place where I am forced to wait for long periods of time to see the dentist (or doctor). I was a bit offended and I told the receptionist after 10 minutes "I don't mind waiting but I would rather not be subjected to right wing racism and ranting while I am waiting". I asked if the channel could be changed and, to my surprise, she handed me the DirecTV remote and told me to put it on what I wanted!
Well beings there were 2 other people in the waiting room, I did not choose the Speed Channel but I did change it to CNN Headline News. I think everybody appreciated that! BTW I know I mistyped dentist but I cannot edit the headline.
Sounds to me like you are the typical liberal. So terrified of another point of view, you cringe.

It's also very typical of the liberal's political support too ... just like it really doesn't matter to you if this was the very best dentist, you'd rather not do business, and choose a lousy dentist that believes in gay marriage. Kinda the same way you choose political representation ...so long as it is a political candidate that champions your liberal pet cause (whatever that may be for you), you couldn't care less if the rest of their ideology is detrimental to the country as a whole.

Yes, I'd say that makes you a typical liberal.

Old 04-13-2010, 12:05 PM

7,211 posts, read 9,484,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post
Sounds to me like you are the typical liberal. So terrified of another point of view, you cringe.

It's also very typical of the liberal's political sup[/b]port too ... just like it really doesn't matter to you if this was the very best dentist, you'd rather not do business, and choose a lousy dentist that believes in gay marriage. Kinda the same way you choose political representation ...so long as it is a political candidate that champions your liberal pet cause (whatever that may be for you), you couldn't care less if the rest of their ideology is detrimental to the country as a whole.

Yes, I'd say that makes you a typical liberal.

Well, wait a minute, isn't that why you "typical" wingnuts watch nothing but Faux News?

Old 04-13-2010, 12:11 PM

9,644 posts, read 9,891,190 times
Quote:
Wow so now anyone that watches fox news is racist also.

Guess we need to keep ignoring all the racist in the democrat party

Old 04-13-2010, 12:11 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,248,959 times
I'm capable of listening to something and running it through my own filters without feeling the need to complain to someone about their choice of waiting-room channel. I personally feel that it takes a pretty shallow person to be so offended by an opposing view from time to time. How often and how long do you sit in a waiting room anyway? If you sit in a waiting room that often, then I damn sure don't want to be paying for your health insurance.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies