Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-02-2014, 08:31 AM

11,086 posts, read 8,555,991 times

Advertisements

I would never patronize any business broadcasting CNN or MSNBC or the View in their waiting room.

Old 02-02-2014, 08:31 AM

59,234 posts, read 27,425,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
Just an obervation- when I walk into any business and they have FOX News on the TV in the business, it really makes me question whether or not I want to do business with them. That tells me this business is owned or managed by somebody that hates our President and is on the far right wing nutcase fringe. I usually go ahead, buy what I want, and leave. But I do think about it but until this week never said anything.
I took my nephew to the dentist and the dentist had FOX News playing on the TV in the waiting room. A waiting room is not like a store where I can be and out quickly. It is a place where I am forced to wait for long periods of time to see the dentist (or doctor). I was a bit offended and I told the receptionist after 10 minutes "I don't mind waiting but I would rather not be subjected to right wing racism and ranting while I am waiting". I asked if the channel could be changed and, to my surprise, she handed me the DirecTV remote and told me to put it on what I wanted!
Well beings there were 2 other people in the waiting room, I did not choose the Speed Channel but I did change it to CNN Headline News. I think everybody appreciated that! BTW I know I mistyped dentist but I cannot edit the headline.
Isn't it odd that some lefties cry to the rooftops about "diversity", yet ONLY want shown on TV what THEY agree with!

"That tells me this business is owned or managed by somebody that hates our President and is on the far right wing nutcase fringe." That tells me you don't know what you are talking about.

Be true to YOUR beliefs AND LEAVE. Go find another Dr. and Dentist. We won 't miss you.

Old 02-02-2014, 08:33 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,249,633 times
If I owned a business and had a TV in the room, it would be left on what channel I wanted. If someone wanted to change it, they would be offered the opportunity to help pay the bill so they can watch what they want.

Old 02-02-2014, 08:34 AM

2,240 posts, read 1,388,343 times
Why are these old posts getting revived? And by whom? Boring.

Old 02-02-2014, 08:35 AM

724 posts, read 594,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
OMG!

More likely, he is a well informed, bright and very savvy entrepreneur that understands the real world better than you do.

LOL! You're a trip!

For your information, Rush Limbaugh is hardly "fringe," and he is certainly not "inflammatory" in his political viewpoint (though perhaps to you, since you obviously disagree with him).

You need to settle down, take a deep breath, and realize that not everyone agrees with you (thank God). A recent poll indicates that there are probably more people that agree with Rush than there are that agree with you. Is it any wonder that he is so popular, and his audience keeps growing?
All credibility you may have had was lost when you deny that Rush Limbaugh is fringe and inflammatory. For a guy with the handle nononsenseguy, you seem to engage in plenty on nonsense. I question anyone's sanity, right or left, that buys into that form of frothing-at-the-mouth, angry media.

Old 02-02-2014, 08:37 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,249,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafo1981 View Post
All credibility you may have had was lost when you deny that Rush Limbaugh is fringe and inflammatory. For a guy with the handle nononsenseguy, you seem to engage in plenty on nonsense. I question anyone's sanity, right or left, that buys into that form of frothing-at-the-mouth, angry media.
Oh, you mean Chris Matthews, who is not smarter than a fifth grader.

Old 02-02-2014, 08:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
Oh yes, because if one person who does A also does B, then all people who do A do B.

Seriously Dude, this is the ugly side of stereotyping and shows a narrow mindedness that borders on ignorance. The words "all" and "some" are not always interchangeable. You need to work on your basic logic skills.
We all make generalizations. Its what the human brain does to help make life go more smoothly and avoid over thinking everything. Sure, its not entirely right, but it has helped me avoid many an idiot. Guilty as charged. If you listen to Rush, there is a better chance that you have no critical thinking skills and your decision making is suspect.

Old 02-02-2014, 08:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
Oh, you mean Chris Matthews, who is not smarter than a fifth grader.
Chris Matthews is a moron. In fact, I don't watch any cable news. Anyone with a brain would agree that cable "news" is yellow journalism.

Old 02-02-2014, 08:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizjo View Post
Why are these old posts getting revived? And by whom? Boring.
Yet here you are, posting on the thread.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.