Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-16-2010, 07:33 AM

37,959 posts, read 22,134,270 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
Just an obervation- when I walk into any business and they have FOX News on the TV in the business, it really makes me question whether or not I want to do business with them. That tells me this business is owned or managed by somebody that hates our President and is on the far right wing nutcase fringe. I usually go ahead, buy what I want, and leave. But I do think about it but until this week never said anything.
I took my nephew to the dentist and the dentist had FOX News playing on the TV in the waiting room. A waiting room is not like a store where I can be and out quickly. It is a place where I am forced to wait for long periods of time to see the dentist (or doctor). I was a bit offended and I told the receptionist after 10 minutes "I don't mind waiting but I would rather not be subjected to right wing racism and ranting while I am waiting". I asked if the channel could be changed and, to my surprise, she handed me the DirecTV remote and told me to put it on what I wanted!
Well beings there were 2 other people in the waiting room, I did not choose the Speed Channel but I did change it to CNN Headline News. I think everybody appreciated that! BTW I know I mistyped dentist but I cannot edit the headline.
You do know that FOX News is the most watched cable news channel on the planet, so you just called the vast majority of the planet "hate our President" and are "far right wing nutcase fringe".

I'm not surprised by your actions though, the left is always intolerant of any opposing view.

Old 04-16-2010, 10:29 PM

494 posts, read 890,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post
Where IS the slobbering left, btw? Maybe they were all at the TEA parties, trying to wreak havoc.
You know, I'm farther toward the left than the right, yet I'm hardly slobbering here or attempting to wreak havoc. If you and those of you bashing all us non-rightwingers are paying attention, you'll notice that I slammed him down for being such a rude douchebag.

Sweeping generalizations about people that don't subscribe to your personal ideology are bad, mmmmkay?

Old 04-16-2010, 10:33 PM

19,890 posts, read 18,745,357 times
Quote:
Just an obervation- when I walk into any business and they have FOX News on the TV in the business, it really makes me question whether or not I want to do business with them. That tells me this business is owned or managed by somebody that hates our President and is on the far right wing nutcase fringe. I usually go ahead, buy what I want, and leave. But I do think about it but until this week never said anything.
I took my nephew to the dentist and the dentist had FOX News playing on the TV in the waiting room. A waiting room is not like a store where I can be and out quickly. It is a place where I am forced to wait for long periods of time to see the dentist (or doctor). I was a bit offended and I told the receptionist after 10 minutes "I don't mind waiting but I would rather not be subjected to right wing racism and ranting while I am waiting". I asked if the channel could be changed and, to my surprise, she handed me the DirecTV remote and told me to put it on what I wanted!
Well beings there were 2 other people in the waiting room, I did not choose the Speed Channel but I did change it to CNN Headline News. I think everybody appreciated that! BTW I know I mistyped dentist but I cannot edit the headline.
Wow you are easily offended! Heaven forbid you are exposed to ideas you don't agree with. I hope you are over the vapors.

Old 04-17-2010, 11:44 AM

774 posts, read 1,164,134 times
I have to say that concluding that the dentist (or any other business) is anti-President Obama simply because Fox News is playing on the waiting room TV is just as idiotic as what I witnessed not long ago in a bank. The lobby television was tuned to MSNBC and a customer in line went off on this loud rant about how the bank was in cahoots with Obama because the TV was tuned to MSNBC. She actually closed her account and stormed out of the bank. I have no problem with her right to do so. I just think that that's a really stupid reason to close your account...based on what's on TV. And she didn't even know why it was on that channel. People who think like this are something far less than rational.

I could give less than half a damn about my dentists' politics. Take good care of my choppers and we won't have any problems. That's why I'm going there in the first place, not for his politics, but because he's an outstanding dentist.

When are people going to stop reacting and start thinking??

Last edited by SloRoller; 04-17-2010 at 11:53 AM..

Old 04-17-2010, 12:16 PM

58,973 posts, read 27,267,735 times
Quote:
Be a man. Practice what you preach. If it bothers you so much, find another dentist. This is still a free country.

Based on your posts you detest FOX or anything on the right. By all means YOU SHOULD NOT do any business with anyone who doesn't agree with your political view.

Old 04-17-2010, 04:01 PM

16,880 posts, read 15,191,594 times
Quote:

so you changed it from fox news to the liberal mouthpiece called cnn. how quaint.

too bad you did not actually change the channel to an actual news station.

Old 04-17-2010, 06:23 PM

323 posts, read 502,812 times
Leftists tend to take intolerance to a wacky new level. If I knew a person who was as prissy, vulnerable and intolerant as you seemingly are, I would take every opportunity to offend. It would be well deserved.

Old 04-17-2010, 06:26 PM

898 posts, read 1,401,588 times
Quote:
You need to lighten up. If you choose to be offended over something as asinine and unimportant as what TV news network someone else is watching, the problem is yours, not theirs.

Old 04-17-2010, 06:30 PM

39,031 posts, read 23,012,380 times
KevK just needs a life ... That's all folks!

Old 04-17-2010, 08:57 PM

1,297 posts, read 4,767,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
We had a dentist who would play Rush while drilling your teeth. After sitting through a couple of sessions like that we informed him we wouldn't be back and why. He blamed it on the office help and had the channel changed on the stop. We've been back many times since and the radio channel remains bipartisan.

It's not unusual where I live for employers to force their employees and/or customers to listen to Fox all day long. When we go in the same business twice and hear a Fox talk show, we don't go back a third time. Places that depend on the public for their incomes shouldn't offend half their customers---whether right wing or left.

Would you think maybe two TV's playing at same time and volume, one CNN and other Fox News the other be fair and balanced.

I watch Fox news always but if CNN is playing where I'm doing business I could care less since left wing ramble does not get under my skin enough knowing I will be out soon and continue to believe what I did going in.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies