Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-14-2010, 11:41 PM

2,654 posts, read 5,464,768 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomander View Post
Sounds like your unhealthy political opinions have influenced you to the point of being socially dysfunctional. Might want to have a long hard think about your attachment emotionally to political issues.
And the Oscar for Best post in the P&OC forum in 2010 goes to.......

+1000 reps

Old 04-14-2010, 11:50 PM

4,002 posts, read 3,904,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
Just an obervation- when I walk into any business and they have FOX News on the TV in the business, it really makes me question whether or not I want to do business with them. That tells me this business is owned or managed by somebody that hates our President and is on the far right wing nutcase fringe. I usually go ahead, buy what I want, and leave. But I do think about it but until this week never said anything.
I took my nephew to the dentist and the dentist had FOX News playing on the TV in the waiting room. A waiting room is not like a store where I can be and out quickly. It is a place where I am forced to wait for long periods of time to see the dentist (or doctor). I was a bit offended and I told the receptionist after 10 minutes "I don't mind waiting but I would rather not be subjected to right wing racism and ranting while I am waiting". I asked if the channel could be changed and, to my surprise, she handed me the DirecTV remote and told me to put it on what I wanted!
Well beings there were 2 other people in the waiting room, I did not choose the Speed Channel but I did change it to CNN Headline News. I think everybody appreciated that! BTW I know I mistyped dentist but I cannot edit the headline.
Took My Nephew To The DENITIST And I Was OFFENDED!

Why don't people ever get offended over the truly offensive things in this country anymore?

Cable network news? .. Epic Fail.

Dude .. sounds to me like you've got way too much time on your hands if you are worried about what might be on the cable TV in the Doctors Office ..

Just sayin'

Old 04-14-2010, 11:59 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,505,717 times
Can someone please post the difference between liberals and conservatives for KevK, I lost my copy. You know the one about if a conservative is not religious he does not go to church, if a liberal is not religious he tries to stop everyone from going to church, that one.

I am getting tired of posting it on here but I guess as long as liberals complain about their rights being trampled I need to remind them.

Old 04-15-2010, 08:45 AM

3,020 posts, read 8,613,521 times
OK - say you've got 10 people in the waiting room where Fox News is playing on the TV. Of the 10, maybe 5 are actually watching, 4 aren't paying attention, but the desires of the "1" person offended takes precedent over the others?

This is called "entitlement", and it describes the liberal mentality perfectly. And it is EXACTLY what is wrong with this country today.

Old 04-15-2010, 08:56 AM

3,175 posts, read 3,654,704 times
Offended by something you saw in a Doctor's office?
Change doctors.
Offended by something you saw in a public place?
Stay home.

Old 04-15-2010, 09:35 AM

1,417 posts, read 2,180,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
Whether you want to accept it or not, it is just as credible (if not more so) a news station as CNN and MSNBC.
We disagree. No hard feelings.

Old 04-15-2010, 09:37 AM

12,481 posts, read 10,220,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Upton View Post
Sure that's part of it...but I wouldn't want some redneck Faux News watching hick operating on me either.
If that redneck fox news watcher was the best surgeon it certainly would be your choice not to use him

Old 04-15-2010, 10:22 AM

10,545 posts, read 13,582,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
That tells me this business is owned or managed by somebody that hates our President and is on the far right wing nutcase fringe.
I can understand why you only want to hear your own propaganda.

You seem to base your conclusions on a pretty low standard of evidence. Food for thought...

Old 04-15-2010, 02:21 PM

8,624 posts, read 9,087,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
Can someone please post the difference between liberals and conservatives for KevK, I lost my copy. You know the one about if a conservative is not religious he does not go to church, if a liberal is not religious he tries to stop everyone from going to church, that one.

I am getting tired of posting it on here but I guess as long as liberals complain about their rights being trampled I need to remind them.

Is there something wrong with you??? Are you actually expecting some left winger to be capable of thinking outside their box?

Old 04-15-2010, 02:30 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,505,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post
Is there something wrong with you??? Are you actually expecting some left winger to be capable of thinking outside their box?
Maybe if it is said enough times to them it will sink in----uhhhh, oh never mind.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies