Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2010, 05:58 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,113,614 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by txgolfer130 View Post
?

We start with TWO documents..the Constitution and the Declaration of Independence.
Isn't it amazing that those who cry the most on behalf of the Constitution are those who know the least about it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2010, 06:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewportBarry View Post
That was a whole lotta nothing you just posted so let me ask you:

Do you think it is your man-made right to free speech or a God given right?
Do you think it is your man-made right to assembly or a God given right?
Do you think it is your man-made right protect your family or a God given right?
Do you think it is your man-made right to freedom or a God given right?
Well you know that right against being compelled to incriminate oneself is the 11th Commandment, or something like that.

Old 03-30-2010, 06:07 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,348,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txgolfer130 View Post
My friend I have read both documents as well as their other writings with great extent and vigor. And both documents are more than just a fundamental truth, they are the framework for a Republic that stands for more than mindlessness and idiotic rantings from those too obtuse enough to realize that those "truths" they put in there were "truths" that they created. Truths that they were the first to put forth and to apply to a document which is the foundation of the great Republic that shines like a beacon to others. Truths which ARE THE ONLY founding documents of any recent government (200+ years) that GRANT their citizens these "truths".

Your perspective is skewed by the basis of your citizenship, our "rights" are inalienable (too a point-see Patriot Act for verification on that) and while resolute can and have been taken away for the overall good of the country for the past 234 years (give or take depending on your perspective) for various reasons. The founding principle of those documents is not our freedom, but our independence from England. The "truths" and "rights" you're so flippant yet ignorant about were just gravy on top for the founders of the Republic to hang their case on.

Indeed, reading and comprehension are at an all time low, and your response is a great testament to it. But then again, sheep follow other sheep, so I'm not all that surprised or worried about it. Because there stand true patriots who both know and understand the intricacies and foundations the founding fathers meant and intended for our Republic and they will stand the wall of freedom, so that you...and I...can enjoy this banter on your expense.
The U.S. Constitution was never structured to grant rights.

It was structured to prevent Government from taking away any rights.

Privilege is not right.

You want privilege, go kiss the Queen's asz.

Old 03-30-2010, 06:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post
The declaration of independence and constitution (if you are capable of reading, you should try it sometime), and the men who penned them both
NEWS FLASH!

Thomas Jefferson, the principle author of the Declaration of Independence was in France during the drafting of the Constitution, as was John Adams, who later helped to polish Jefferson's draft along with Benjamin Franklin. Of the three, only Franklin attended the Constitutional Convention where he played only a minor role in its crafting.

Please don't go on "I'm Smarter Than A Fifth Grader".

Old 03-30-2010, 06:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
NEWS FLASH!

Thomas Jefferson, the principle author of the Declaration of Independence was in France during the drafting of the Constitution, as was John Adams, who later helped to polish Jefferson's draft along with Benjamin Franklin. Of the three, only Franklin attended the Constitutional Convention where he played only a minor role in its crafting.

Please don't go on "I'm Smarter Than A Fifth Grader".
Hope you ain't suggestin' the Constitution was drafted by a bunch of religious freaks!

Old 03-30-2010, 06:20 PM

7,605 posts, read 4,855,496 times
There is no part of the US constitution that can not be amended. Therefore your "unalienable rights" are just an amendment away. The Government of the United States is not required to adhere to anything in the Declaration of Independence.

Old 03-30-2010, 06:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ergohead View Post
Hope you ain't suggestin' the Constitution was drafted by a bunch of religious freaks!
As far as I know, it was the first Government structure of limited hierarchy since the Greeks and Romans. It was supposed to be an improvement of those two.

About the only thing hierarchical about it, is the appellate court system and the succession of executive leadership in an emergency.

Most people seem to have some sort of human "need" for hierarchical authority - probably comes from too much authoritarian religion.

Old 03-30-2010, 06:22 PM

38,101 posts, read 22,246,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewportBarry View Post
Those of us who cherish freedom know that the Constitution and Declaration of Independence lets us know that certain rights and freedoms are granted by GOD and not another man.

Maybe this is why the Tea Party movement is gaining such steam. They believe in those inalienble rights granted by GOD and not some clown in an Ivory tower with an ugly dog.

Could we be witnessing GOOD vs. EVIL in action?

Why such an attack on the Constitution.?
Because 0bama says the US Constitution and Bill of Rights are fundamentally flawed, because the Bill of Rights is a list of "negative rights" and the Constitution does not outline what government can do to you, only what it cannot do.

0bama: "I think we can say that, uh, uh, the Constitution reflected a enormous blind spot in this culture that carries on until this day and -- and, uh, -- and, uh, that the framers had that same blind spot. I -- I don't think the two viewers are contradictory, to say that it was a remarkable political document that paved the way for where we are now and to say that, uh, it also, uh, reflected the fundamental flaw of this country that continues to this day.

As radical as I think people tried to characterize the Warren Court, it wasn't that radical. It didn't break free from the essential constraints that were placed by the Founding Fathers in the Constitution, at least as it has been interpreted -- and Warren Court interpreted it in the same way, that generally the Constitution is a charter of negative liberties. It says what the states can't do to you, says what the federal government can't do to you. But it doesn't say what the federal government or the state government must do on your behalf."

YouTube - Obama Bombshell Redistribution of Wealth Audio Uncovered

Notice that he was introduced as a "Senior lecturer" not a s a professor.

Old 03-30-2010, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamSmyth View Post
There is no part of the US constitution that can not be amended. Therefore your "unalienable rights" are just an amendment away. The Government of the United States is not required to adhere to anything in the Declaration of Independence.
Unalienable rights do not apply to Corporations, even if the Supreme Court does recognize them as "persons".

Old 03-30-2010, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ergohead View Post
Considering that neither Jefferson or Franklin were anything close to being religious freaks (unless you find deism freakish), I don't have the foggiest idea as what you are trying to get at.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies