Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2013, 12:05 AM

3,353 posts, read 6,446,073 times

Advertisements

I see plenty of posts on this site where people say things such as:

"guns weren't meant for us to hunt with but to protect ourselves from tyranny"
"I'm not giving up my gun without a fight"
"Etc."

Well how exactly would your rifle stop tyranny? Do you guys believe your rifle that most likely the military commissioned into existence could battle a military that includes tanks, millions of well-armed troops, drones, ground-drones such as the Foster-Miller TALON, fully-automatic assault rifles, and anything else powerful? I've said time and time again that the Bill of Rights is out of date in someways especially when it comes to the 2nd amendment. People won't be able to protect themselves from Tyranny if it occurred, just as they probably never expected a weapon such as a assault rifle nevermind a drone would ever be created. Trust me, if the gov't wanted to oppress you and force upon its will it could've done it years ago. So once again, explain how a assault rifle would protect you from our gov't?

SN: When I say the 2nd amendment is out of date, I'm not calling for it to be repealed but to be rebuilt to meet todays world. Some guns such as pistols should still be allowed.

And I understand if Tyranny did occur, you wouldn't want to go down without a fight so maybe that'll be your answer. I'd just suggest taking the cowards way out against our military.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2013, 12:12 AM

39,875 posts, read 26,537,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMOREBOY View Post
I see plenty of posts on this site where people say things such as:

"guns weren't meant for us to hunt with but to protect ourselves from tyranny"
"I'm not giving up my gun without a fight"
"Etc."

Well how exactly would your rifle stop tyranny? Do you guys believe your rifle that most likely the military commissioned into existence could battle a military that includes tanks, millions of well-armed troops, drones, ground-drones such as the Foster-Miller TALON, fully-automatic assault rifles, and anything else powerful? I've said time and time again that the Bill of Rights is out of date in someways especially when it comes to the 2nd amendment. People won't be able to protect themselves from Tyranny if it occurred, just as they probably never expected a weapon such as a assault rifle nevermind a drone would ever be created. Trust me, if the gov't wanted to oppress you and force upon its will it could've done it years ago. So once again, explain how a assault rifle would protect you from our gov't?

SN: When I say the 2nd amendment is out of date, I'm not calling for it to be repealed but to be rebuilt to meet todays world. Some guns such as pistols should still be allowed.

And I understand if Tyranny did occur, you wouldn't want to go down without a fight so maybe that'll be your answer. I'd just suggest taking the cowards way out against our military.
How long have a relative handful of ignorant camel herders with Kalashnikovs held off a victory by the best military in the world? There are some 80 million gun owners in this country, while our entire military (IIRC) is somewhere well under 4 million. And you have to bet that a good portion of them would not follow illegal or unethical orders to wage ware on their fellow citizens.

Old 01-12-2013, 12:13 AM

18,665 posts, read 19,981,706 times
Quote:
t. People won't be able to protect themselves from Tyranny if it occurred, just as they probably never expected a weapon such as a assault rifle nevermind a drone would ever be created. Trust me, if the gov't wanted to oppress you and force upon its will it could've done it years ago..
Amen. The USA is not Cuba, at the time of Castro. Waco would come out the same way again and again, no matter how it was replayed, in what state, and with what weapons.

If citizens thought themselves capable of successfully shooting off the government, we would be overcome by every terrorist org, and every small nation. In order to be safe against such types who would do harm, the government must retain such overwhelming force that it could quell any uprising by anyone, including its own citizens if need be.

Old 01-12-2013, 12:34 AM

374 posts, read 236,424 times
I can see you know nothing about firearms.

How do 2 men hold off a whole Police Department?

I think 50 men with SEMI ONLY rifles could do a number.

How many MILLION gun owners in this Country?

That's funny all you left wing libs like to use weapons of mass destruction.

One missle fired at a target is going to take out neighbors who had nothing to do with it as well.

It must suck to walk around stoned in a wet dream everyday.

1997 North Hollywood Shootout pt.1 - YouTube

Old 01-12-2013, 12:36 AM

The police department isn't the military. I'm asking you, do you really believe you could hold off the military which features drones (both air and ground), tanks, and etc.? They could kill you without having any troops killed. So your assault rifle is going to prevent the military from killing you?

Have fun reviewing the site I posted below, because although I'm the liberal who knows nothing about firearms, I know what our military is capable of.

http://military.discovery.com/weapon...ns-technology/

Old 01-12-2013, 12:38 AM

Quote:
The police department isn't the military.
Ah...look out Joe. He's got his grandkids with him....

I don't care...waste them all....

A-10 Warthog Tribute - YouTube

Old 01-12-2013, 12:39 AM

8,091 posts, read 5,916,023 times
Who cares if it WOULD prevent it or not... some people would rather die on their feet than live on their knees.

Not everybody is willing to bend over to tyranny.

Old 01-12-2013, 12:42 AM

Quote:
The police department isn't the military. I'm asking you, do you really believe you could hold off the military which features drones (both air and ground), tanks, and etc.? They could kill you without having any troops killed.
I'm former military myself.

They wouldn't kill me........either way.

No troops killed?

You better watch out for the M21...............

Old 01-12-2013, 12:43 AM

3,493 posts, read 4,675,297 times
no way military attacks its own citizen. point is void.
if it was mandated that the military take up arms against its own, the military would start with those doing the mandating.

Old 01-12-2013, 12:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VikingTactics45 View Post
I'm former military myself.

They wouldn't kill me........either way.

No troops killed?

You better watch out for the M21...............
So your better than the military, that's what you're saying? You must be a survivalist prepared to live in the woods because what I'm saying is, if the gov't came to your house knocked down your door and was coming to chain you up, you wouldn't be able to kill them. If the gov't already knows you have weapons in your home, there goes a drone attack. You're done. You can have as many militias as you want, you can't stop a drone especially with your semi-automatics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dub dub II View Post
no way military attacks its own citizen. point is void.
if it was mandated that the military take up arms against its own, the military would start with those doing the mandating.
Syria? I believe that tyranny or the military turning against us would never occur in America, so I don't see the point of allowing citizens to own a assault rifle. The whole point of this thread is to say if the gov't wanted it done, it could've done it a while ago even if one had a assault rifle and even if it did occur you wouldn't be able to stop it with a military as strong as ours.

Last edited by CaseyB; 01-12-2013 at 03:46 AM.. Reason: inapprpriate
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies