Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-04-2010, 12:58 PM

1,391 posts, read 2,647,955 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cat1116 View Post
AGREED

Get a good speaker system, some people who can play Taps on a bugle or something just as patriotic and form a circle around the proceeding.

Make them feel like the outsiders that they are.
The Patriot Guard is already drowning out the Westboro buffoons with their Harleys, and standing in between them to block their view of funerals. Sadly though, I don't think the Patriot Guard was around back when the fiasco was unfolding with this grieving father.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2010, 02:34 PM

1,481 posts, read 3,949,550 times
Had to say this because it would please me no end to see it happen

Wouldn't it be fun to go to a funeral for one of Phelps followers and protest?

I've even got a sign:
"The rest of you Westboro a$$holes come on, hell ain't half full!"

Old 04-04-2010, 02:48 PM

4,803 posts, read 8,753,735 times
This isn't about left and right any more than the Jonestown, Guyana mass suicide was about left or right. It's about wacko degenerates who believe that their moronic belief system has more worth than the life of a U.S. service person and that person's family's right to grieve their child/brother/friend.

Freedom of speech is a constitutional right which is fundamental in this country. But your freedom of speech is not extended to cover such asinine acts as yelling "Fire" in a crowded theater. When your right to speak infringes on the rights of other people--something has to give.

Unfortunately, the give is generally on the part of those whose rights are being abused by the so-called rights of the opposition. This is a perfect illustration of just that.

Old 04-04-2010, 02:50 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,961,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faworki1947 View Post
Had to say this because it would please me no end to see it happen

Wouldn't it be fun to go to a funeral for one of Phelps followers and protest?

I've even got a sign:
"The rest of you Westboro a$$holes come on, hell ain't half full!"
No. That would be giving them the attention they want. Why reward bad behavior with any attention. Best thing in the world would be if the media refused to air them any publicity at all.

Old 04-13-2010, 11:16 AM

21,634 posts, read 31,242,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailordave View Post
Liberals because this group hates gays and conservatives because this group protest military service members' funerals.
I think both parties hate them for both reasons.

They are disgusting.

Old 04-13-2010, 11:17 AM

2,229 posts, read 1,688,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Upton View Post
Outrageous...any of you wingnuts happy with this decision? Care to defend Phelps and these pigs?

You've tried to justify everything else, including the OKC bombing. So, I'm sure this shouldn't be too much of a stretch..

Father Of Dead Marine Ordered To Pay Legal Fees Of Westobro Baptist Church Protesters
Upton, are you seriously trying to say that the conservatives support WBC?

If so, I will just put you on ignore. Its apparent that you have never even met a conservative.

Old 04-13-2010, 11:30 AM

7,211 posts, read 9,436,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcarlilesiu View Post
Upton, are you seriously trying to say that the conservatives support WBC?

If so, I will just put you on ignore. Its apparent that you have never even met a conservative.
If you would read my post c-a-r-e-f-u-l-l-y....you would see that I didn't "say" anything, I asked a question.

The reason being, I never would have thought anybody would try to justify the OKC bombing either, but yet we've seen it right here on this board..

Old 04-13-2010, 11:31 AM

2,229 posts, read 1,688,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Upton View Post
If you would read my post c-a-r-e-f-u-l-l-y....you would see that I didn't "say" anything, I asked a question.

The reason being, I never would have thought anybody would try to justify the OKC bombing either, but yet we've seen it right here on this board..
Alright. Ignore you go. Sorry, you are all in all just outright bat **** crazy.

Old 04-13-2010, 12:02 PM

7,006 posts, read 6,999,365 times
The best way to fight these Westboro freaks is to revoke their tax-free status as a religious organization. They are not a real religious organization that represents any part of Christianity at all.

Old 04-13-2010, 12:34 PM

19,545 posts, read 9,561,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
No. That would be giving them the attention they want. Why reward bad behavior with any attention. Best thing in the world would be if the media refused to air them any publicity at all.
That'll be the day.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies