Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2012, 12:37 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,198,992 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by elan View Post
They may say they are a church, but it's a hate group that's monitored by the Anti-Defamation League and Southern Poverty Law Center. I don't one person that doesn't want to kick their ass, they have managed to offend everyone. I've heard they make a living by provoking people to react, then filing lawsuits. I don't know, but that's one explanation anyway. What creeps.
The ADL and SPLC are hate groups themselves.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2012, 02:17 PM

6,933 posts, read 8,554,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whatyousay View Post
Abortion of justice.

Isn't it the libs who espouse the picketing of dead soldiers' funerals?
My recollection is it's the extreme element of the GOP that's behind these protests at soldiers funerals. Tea Party types, no doubt.

Old 04-30-2012, 02:19 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,198,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomexico View Post
My recollection is it's the extreme element of the GOP that's behind these protests at soldiers funerals. Tea Party types, no doubt.
Fred Phelps is a registered Democrat.

No true conservative supports that crackpot church's activities - only a liberal could do that.

Old 04-30-2012, 06:01 PM

12,711 posts, read 13,563,238 times
Quote:
That's incorrect. And rather stupid even as a guess.

Old 04-30-2012, 06:02 PM

12,711 posts, read 13,563,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
No true conservative supports that crackpot church's activities - only a liberal could do that.
That is about as stupid as the other post.

Old 04-30-2012, 07:19 PM

5,450 posts, read 8,818,365 times
If these idiots have freedom of speech to pull this crap at a funeral, then they are free to have their as*es kicked as well.
The guy needs to file bankruptcy and not pay them a dime. I would refuse.

Old 04-30-2012, 07:56 PM

10,092 posts, read 8,265,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whatyousay View Post
Abortion of justice.

Isn't it the libs who espouse the picketing of dead soldiers' funerals?
You know what--I'm a conservative, and when people like you say things that are THIS OFFENSIVE, I just want you the h*ll out of the republican party. It's out of line. We're all American's first before we belong to a party, our kids all bleed red when they're injured or killed, and it's time you start remembering that.

Old 04-30-2012, 08:02 PM

3,383 posts, read 6,665,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
That is BLOODY BRILLIANT!!!!

Thanks for the posting, and great ideas. I will totally keep that in mind the next time they are in this area.

Thanks Coalman!

Quote:
Think again. Phelps is a democrat, but even they don't accept him as one of their own.

Every "Tea Party" member I personally know, has either served themselves, or has a dear friend or family member that served, and they all feel it's the upmost sign of disrespect for those nut jobs to protest a funeral.

Methinks if you really remember that way, your oldtimers is flaring up again...

Old 04-30-2012, 08:47 PM

3,512 posts, read 3,178,684 times
Default I agree with the fellow on the right.

NSFW language.

Old 04-30-2012, 10:36 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,836,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mb1547 View Post
You know what--I'm a conservative, and when people like you say things that are THIS OFFENSIVE, I just want you the h*ll out of the republican party. It's out of line. We're all American's first before we belong to a party, our kids all bleed red when they're injured or killed, and it's time you start remembering that.
Bravo to you!

I sometimes wish I could consider being a Republican, but I read too many hateful and spiteful comments here to do that. I don't know what's happened to the Republican Party over the last several years.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies