Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-11-2010, 07:56 AM

41,457 posts, read 60,139,107 times

Advertisements

The funniest thing about my HS prom (in the early 60's) was all of my current and former girl friends showed up. I had a wonderful time with them. Great party.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2010, 08:45 AM

1,780 posts, read 2,697,059 times
Exclamation Okay...Listen Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueIsraelite View Post
It is a school function therefore they have the right to cancel it if they want. No point in it being national news just another example of homosexuals trying to jam their disgusting lifestyle down everyones throat.
To me, this is just another example of somebody always trying to tell somebody ELSE how to live their lives, worship, love, eat, sleep, pee, poop, etc., according to THEIR rules...and that REALLY makes me mad

As far as agenda-jamming goes, I get tired of people trying to hide their prejudice and bigotry behind some macho, patriotic bulldirkey, and then getting upset when somebody calls BS on it for exactly what it is---thinly veiled stupidity...

Which is exactly what this prom cancellation stuff is---stupid...People have a right to live their lives as they see fit, and I certainly don't/wouldn't have a problem with those two kids attending that function...no matter how much you swell up and act bad and try to sputter and yell your way through it otherwise, at some point people will get fed up with all your bluster and tell you to kiss a certain southerly portion of their anatomy...bottom line, quit trying to tell everybody else how to live, and trying to hide your hate behind words---people see throught that noise every time

Old 03-11-2010, 08:58 AM

2,229 posts, read 1,699,332 times
Quote:
Well obviously the school saw them as a problem and ended the problem. If the kids want a prom then they can throw one for themselves. The school did the correct thing.
As a conservative, I disagree. It really isn't a big deal. If the parents of the two girls are ok with their decision to go with another female, then everybody else should uninvolve themselves.

Old 03-11-2010, 09:09 AM

17,290 posts, read 29,559,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcarlilesiu View Post
As a conservative, I disagree. It really isn't a big deal. If the parents of the two girls are ok with their decision to go with another female, then everybody else should uninvolve themselves.
Somewhere along the way, Americans have decided that "freedom" means only the freedom frm government intrusion and control over our wallets.

Freedom over affairs of the heart, family, sex? Well, come on Big Brother, we NEED YOU!!

Old 03-11-2010, 09:09 AM

6,024 posts, read 15,425,093 times
stupid decision obviously based on hatred and misunderstanding. IIRC, Morgan Freeman did a show about going to a Miss. school where they held racially separate proms. no offense, but it sounds like much of Miss. is still a bit backwards and discriminatory, even in this day and age, so this, sadly, doesn't even surprise me. hope those girls move far away to a locale that accepts them

Old 03-11-2010, 09:27 AM

7,835 posts, read 8,491,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by captaincatfish View Post

To me, this is just another example of somebody always trying to tell somebody ELSE how to live their lives, worship, love, eat, sleep, pee, poop, etc., according to THEIR rules...and that REALLY makes me mad
Me, too! And these are the people who scream bloody murder about government interfering in their lives, but they have no problem interfering in the lives of people who they hate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by captaincatfish

As far as agenda-jamming goes, I get tired of people trying to hide their prejudice and bigotry behind some macho, patriotic bulldirkey, and then getting upset when somebody calls BS on it for exactly what it is---thinly veiled stupidity...
Not to mention that it's them who try to jam their beliefs and agendas down everyone else's throats! again.

Old 03-11-2010, 09:31 AM

1,224 posts, read 1,292,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcarlilesiu View Post
Hey, the one girl is 18,...why would the "family" have any say? Isn't a female of 18 considered an adult in the eyes of the law? The only family that might have input would be the other student,...if she is underage.

Old 03-11-2010, 09:43 AM

47,140 posts, read 26,377,257 times
Quote:
I am sure they took your suggestion into consideration when they decided what was correct for their school and the kids that were under their care if something had happened during the prom. They acted correctly and put a stop to it.
"something had happened"? Like what - a sudden uncontrollable outbreak of lesbianism? Those websites don't depict real life, you know that, right?

Old 03-11-2010, 10:38 AM

41,457 posts, read 60,139,107 times
Thanks for the support gang. Some of us value individual choice even if it annoys others.

Old 03-11-2010, 10:44 AM

2,318 posts, read 1,911,970 times
" We shall sodomize your sons ,emblems of yur feble masculinity ". We shall seduce them in your schools, your dormitories ,your gymnasiums ,in your locker rooms, in your sports arenas and in your gymnasums , in your locker rooms , in your sports arenas ,in your YOUTH groups .

Gay Community news brags ...Jerimiah Films, Gay Rights Special Rights .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies