Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-29-2010, 04:39 PM

81 posts, read 45,460 times

Advertisements

The President said in the state of the Union there's overwhelming science evidence for Global Warming...Really

No not really, he just wants the money. That's why he wants to control your healthcare (money) and that why he is now looking at taping your 401k. The government is out of money, China says mmmmmmmmm I don't think so. He can print it but he is already using that money to prop up the stock market. Soooo, he knows that with cap and tax and healthcare and your 401k, he can look good.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2010, 04:48 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,249,453 times
Over whelming? Unfortunately a good number of the scientists who actually believe in climate change just can't seem to agree with each others theories. Nor do their computer models work without a whole lot of tweaking. Tweaking numbers to actually make them give the answers wanted to support the agenda. Now that is called bad science.

Old 01-29-2010, 05:22 PM

11,155 posts, read 15,723,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyandclaire89 View Post
hmmm...I must be hallucinating its 7 degrees this morning in Boston...Maybe I should take a dip in our pool..Oh...I must be seeing things again...the water seems to be completely frozen..Ah yes...the overwhelming evidence...How could I ever doubted you Obama.....
For someone who seems obsessed with this one issue, you'd think that you would know the difference between local weather patterns / seasonal norms and overall global temperature.

Seriously. Credibility gone with this post. I thought you knew something about the issue for a while.

Old 01-29-2010, 05:23 PM

11,155 posts, read 15,723,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Over whelming? Unfortunately a good number of the scientists who actually believe in climate change just can't seem to agree with each others theories. Nor do their computer models work without a whole lot of tweaking. Tweaking numbers to actually make them give the answers wanted to support the agenda. Now that is called bad science.
Just judging by your grammar, I'm going to assume you are not a Ph.D. or even a Masters recipient. So, on what grounds are you arguing against the scientists? Is it just that their findings challenge your belief or have you actually studied the research to draw conclusions of your own?

Old 01-29-2010, 05:25 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,220,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefly View Post
For someone who seems obsessed with this one issue, you'd think that you would know the difference between local weather patterns / seasonal norms and overall global temperature.

Seriously. Credibility gone with this post. I thought you knew something about the issue for a while.
oh, I never thought that!

Old 01-29-2010, 05:55 PM

27,625 posts, read 21,163,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkb0305 View Post
do you think you are changing anyone's mind by posting your ignorant, non-scientific threads, one after the other, after the other? It only hurts your own credibility. 7 degrees in Boston? It is winter, is it not? Maybe you can point to a claim that says winter will cease to exist in New England because of global warming.
IMO...the OP must have many bald friends and family members due to the fact that they have pulled their hair out in utter frustration. No matter how many times you point out the difference between "weather" and "climate", the OP insists on posting the same nonsense. Oh well, makes bright people appreciate being gifted.

Old 01-29-2010, 07:27 PM

737 posts, read 1,650,677 times
O really yet he wants more export from Florida whom are already number one not by choice trust me. Do you know how much damage is being done to Florida from mines? Do you know of the birth defects occurring in Florida?

He also wants increased wages but yet the ones in harms way are the Floridians themselves on the home front of the mines.
Why are Floridians on the home front you say because we don't have the same rights, even tho we fought against the mines in the 60's and still do every day.

What ever Obama

Florida doesn't want Mines never did. When the land is raped of it's nutrients what will America do? Florida has the riches soil ever and 70% is exported and he thinks that isn't enough.

When the price of food goes sky high because there is so little remember what Obama did. Why will it run out because the land was raped. We maybe in the same boat as Haiti sooner then we think.

Last edited by Starlady01; 01-29-2010 at 07:38 PM..

Old 01-29-2010, 07:52 PM

10,659 posts, read 10,744,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
We now get daily weather reports on this forum about cold weather (in January, no less), and it's used as proof that global warming doesn't exist.

I would think that the climate change naysayers could do better than that.
here's another one....
Glacier scientists says he knew data had not been verified | Mail Online

Old 01-29-2010, 08:00 PM

24,449 posts, read 23,127,133 times
Now they keep saying global warming will cause lower temperatures, more snowfall, growing glaciers and now possibly even a new ice age. The next thing we'll hear is more government spending will decrease the deficit. Oh, wait they did already say that.....
Anyway, Obama is having a nice teaparty on the White House lawn, all he needs is for Alice to show up.

Old 01-29-2010, 08:04 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,249,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefly View Post
Just judging by your grammar, I'm going to assume you are not a Ph.D. or even a Masters recipient. So, on what grounds are you arguing against the scientists? Is it just that their findings challenge your belief or have you actually studied the research to draw conclusions of your own?
No PH.D. Are you a climatologist? Is Al Gore inventor of the Internet?
I am not arguing against the scientists. I am saying that a good many scientists argue against each others conclusions. One thing I do know. When you get a group of experts together and many don't come up with the same conclusions, then it is fair to conclude that what they call evidence might very well be assumptions.
30 years ago Scientists claimed that we were headed for another ice age.
That if we didn't change our ways, we were doomed.
What changed? Technology? Better science? Or another fad?
I am a doubting Thomas. I do not believe that just because some scientists say anything that it is automatically a fact.
I do believe in green policies. Not because I fear global warming but because it makes sense not to crap in the water you drink.
My Grammar? I really wasn't aware that good grammar was required for posting on an inter net forum. But then again I really don't care either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies