Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-29-2010, 01:51 PM

1,219 posts, read 3,169,626 times

Advertisements

I'm usually shoveling that "global warming" off of our sidewalk until late June or sometimes early July.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2010, 01:55 PM

1,360 posts, read 1,942,380 times
Quote:
I would think that the climate change naysayers could do better than that.

Scientists broke the law by hiding climate change data: But legal loophole means they won't be prosecuted

New scandal as 'Climate Gate' scientists accused of hiding data from global warming sceptics | Mail Online

yeah...climate change...right...

Old 01-29-2010, 02:00 PM

1,360 posts, read 1,942,380 times
Breaking news!!!

The Global Warming Looney Birds have a new ally...

Al-Qaida leader Osama bin Laden has called for the world to boycott American goods and the U.S. dollar, blaming the United States and other industrialized countries for global warming, according to a new audiotape released Friday.

My Way News - Bin Laden blasts US for climate change

Old 01-29-2010, 02:00 PM

6,565 posts, read 14,294,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
We now get daily weather reports on this forum about cold weather (in January, no less), and it's used as proof that global warming doesn't exist.

I would think that the climate change naysayers could do better than that.
Last week it was 20 degrees ABOVE normal around here and it was nice and quiet again.... Now back to this I suppose...

Old 01-29-2010, 02:01 PM

6,565 posts, read 14,294,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyandclaire89 View Post
Breaking news!!!

The Global Warming Looney Birds have a new ally...

Al-Qaida leader Osama bin Laden has called for the world to boycott American goods and the U.S. dollar, blaming the United States and other industrialized countries for global warming, according to a new audiotape released Friday.

My Way News - Bin Laden blasts US for climate change
Well now THIS one I did find hysterical....

Al Qaeda is claiming to care about environmental issues now?

Old 01-29-2010, 04:10 PM

20,459 posts, read 12,379,585 times
Here is a little science for the AGW crowd

There used to be 6000 temp. Collection stations.
There are now 1500.

Those that are more rural, and/or higher elevation have been removed.

Those that remain represent a subset that has moved from slightly urban in 1900 to vastly urban in 2010.

Now someone explain to me how we can get a valid result using that kind of dataset?

Further a basic study of GISS data giving some 90 pairs of Rural and Urban stations

Where data is available from 1900 to present and the stations are less than 100km apart show that the urban stations produce a warming trend of 1.5C while the rural stations show no warming or cooling trend at all.

Again, we find very little veracity in the data AGW proponents are using to underpin their hypothesis.

Further after reviewing some 87% of the GISS/NOAA temperature gathering stations, only 10% of the stations actually meet GISS/NOAA standards. Can you image in that 90% of the stations in the USA that NOAA uses to determine surface temperatures do not meet NOAA’s own standards, yet they continue to suggest that the data shows…. ANYTHING?

I don’t care what temperature it is outside right now but if Barak Obama wants to suggest that the evidence is overwhelming, I would suggest to him that the veracity of the overwhelming evidence is vastly underwhelming.

and with that I bid you ado as the weekend has arrived!

Old 01-29-2010, 04:13 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,167,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
Obama fails to see that People's feelings for him, are dipping, and very ICY COLD.
It isn't about the popularity of the president, it is about science, which several people refuse to even try to understand.

Old 01-29-2010, 04:24 PM

37,971 posts, read 22,147,086 times
Quote:
hmmm...I must be hallucinating its 7 degrees this morning in Boston...Maybe I should take a dip in our pool..Oh...I must be seeing things again...the water seems to be completely frozen..Ah yes...the overwhelming evidence...How could I ever doubted you Obama.....
And it was met by hoots of laughter.

0bama is going to try and use the bogus hoax of global warming to enact laws and even instruct the EPA, CIA and NASA to carry his water. The day we kick these little tyrants out of office cannot come soon enough.

Old 01-29-2010, 04:26 PM

37,971 posts, read 22,147,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhett_Butler View Post
Well now THIS one I did find hysterical....

Al Qaeda is claiming to care about environmental issues now?
Once again al Qaeda finds more things that they have in common with the democratic party leadership.

Old 01-29-2010, 04:38 PM

68,329 posts, read 54,381,135 times
Quote:
hmmm...I must be hallucinating its 7 degrees this morning in Boston...Maybe I should take a dip in our pool..Oh...I must be seeing things again...the water seems to be completely frozen..Ah yes...the overwhelming evidence...How could I ever doubted you Obama.....

Still haven't learned the difference between global and local, eh?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies