Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2012, 10:58 PM

27,636 posts, read 21,316,972 times

Advertisements

Quote:
That was quite a State of the Union speech. What kind of corner have the Republicans painted themselves into? Now they have to sit on their hands every time good news gets mentioned. The President reported that the state of our union was strong and getting better. But from the looks on their faces, the Republicans in Congress have little interest in being part of that Union. The Republicans looked like they were sitting through the funeral speech for a loved one. In a sense they were—it was a funeral speech for the recession that meant so much to Republicans. The more things come together for America, the more the Republicans’ plans fall apart.
Randi Rhodes
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2012, 11:16 PM

10,942 posts, read 10,334,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wedjat View Post
Oh I remember her "going away" speech...it was just like all the others. "Ummmm...WTF are you saying??" Sorry to all you lovers out there but that woman...she is the expert at....well, saying alot w/out saying a lot.
Yeah, all I got out of it was something about her not wanting to swim upstream with dead fish.....or something.

Old 01-25-2012, 11:26 PM

14,490 posts, read 26,733,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Time and Space View Post
Well after reading these ugly posts by some...one things for sure, Rep or Con can't claim the high moral ground anymore...

Can't claim this 'Oh we're closer to God' crap anymore...

Cause the blind hate I'm seeing expressed on here towards a man no one has even met, sure doesn't come from heaven...

So much for the religious right...rename it to the 'hateful wrong'...
So very true. Their vitriol and hate tactics are no longer working, Americans with a brain are fed up and disgusted.

the GOP has never known how to manipulate the intelligent citizens, only the mindless sheep who listen to Oxycontin Rush for "news".

Old 01-25-2012, 11:57 PM

22,632 posts, read 15,077,789 times
Sarah Palin must be the sorriest most pathetic person who ever a candidate for Vice President in history. What a loser!

Old 01-26-2012, 12:08 AM

15,087 posts, read 13,560,687 times
It was a lecture. And what's wrong with that?

Old 01-26-2012, 12:48 AM

29,271 posts, read 22,718,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
They are scared to death of Palin, aren't they. LOL
'They' were never scared of Palin. That's just more emo defensive nonsense from her true believers. There was great disappointment, though, that she chickened out, and buggered off and ran away after flirting around with the possibility she would run for President.
'They' were all looking forward to that very much.

In the end, her one brief moment of clarity and sanity saved her. Fox is going to let her contract run out, and she will happily fade back into the woodwork and be a mother and a grandmother again. She has plenty of time to take remedial speech lessons now, so I expect that at some time in the distant future, she may be capable of constructing a coherent sentence.

Michelle Bachmann would do well to follow her lead. Some folks just aren't cut out for politics, even though that's where their ambitions lie.

Old 01-26-2012, 01:05 AM

29,271 posts, read 22,718,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
And opinions are like a,,,,,s. Maybe tou should read her book.
Palin didn't write a word of it. I hope the ghost writer got paid, though. If I had taken that job, I would have insisted on a royalty, but the real writer probably settled for a flat payment.

I think the writer must have had a hard time; Palin's second book was the work of another ghost writer who was nowhere as good as the first. That one was a total bomb. It never even recovered the printing costs.

Old 01-26-2012, 06:27 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,298,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
Your a little out of touch. She happens to have made her own money, out talking."""

You're (not "your") a little out of something...she had that baby long before she earned a cent out talking ( she should've BEEN out TALKING and she wouldn't have gotten pregnant)

""Isn't is amazing, the young women choose to keep her child and find a way to support him.""

No, it's not amazing, MANY young women do just that and don't have wealthy parents to help out.
And she CHOSE nothing.. she had NO choice in having that kid.

"""She happens to be back in Alaska working.

She wasn't raised on welfare, usually makes a big difference. ""

Ya, how nice to be born into a wealthy family and not a poor one...that makes a big difference.

"Image that, a single-mom out working. Something the left finds hard for single-mom's to do."""

The left finds that hard to do? ???? What? Lots of people especially single moms find that hard to do.....its only easy if you have wealthy parents like she has.

The Right MAKES it hard to do.

You and others venture into any Palin site, just to have a slam fest. It would be like me going to every Bill Maher thread, you won't find me. Why waste my time posting hate, about someone I don't feel matters.............she must matter or interest you and others some
Where have I ventured into any Palin site....I have never done that ...so why would you say I did....RIGHTIES in CD keep posting threads about her...and making fun of her is NOT hate....it's just Rightie's main emotion and they think everyone hates as much as they do and that's not possible....

Old 01-26-2012, 06:35 AM

8,396 posts, read 9,506,967 times
Smile palin describes Obama speech a lecture

Must mean she fell asleep and missed it.

Just like when she was in school and came out thinking that Paul Revere rode to warn the British.

Old 01-26-2012, 06:40 AM

40,048 posts, read 34,832,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DraggingCanoe View Post
RealClearPolitics - Video - Palin Describes Obama Speech As A "Lecture"

America has never had a President this pathetic.
You're letting Sarah Palin set standards for you? That doesn't sound like the best of all possible strategies.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies