Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-31-2010, 12:18 AM

1,796 posts, read 1,661,814 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atilla View Post
Another grab bag of smoke and mirrors Roy. They all of a suden want to freeze the budget after spending like drunken sailors as if to believe the American peolpe are stupid enough to believe that all of a sudden as of today we have changed or ways. Did you note how the opposition laughed at the silly boy when he said starting next year, that's the way the budget works. This guy is such a child.
If you look at and analyze the numbers, though, Obama is not far off in terms of accuracy. I don't know who "this guy" is in your last sentence, although I'm assuming you mean Obama. Please correct me if I am wrong.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2010, 12:45 AM

9,763 posts, read 10,527,281 times
What a bunch of llorones.

Mommy!! He's lecturing me. Make him stop. Mommy!!!!!!

Old 01-31-2010, 11:00 AM

59,040 posts, read 27,306,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by diva360 View Post
Um, yes, Palin ran on the McLandlord ticket in 2008. The way she has affected things has been wildly entertaining. She has always been obviously moronic in my opinion. She might crack a book once in a while--it might help.
And opinions are like a,,,,,s. Maybe tou should read her book.

Old 01-31-2010, 11:01 AM

11,449 posts, read 14,466,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DraggingCanoe View Post
RealClearPolitics - Video - Palin Describes Obama Speech As A "Lecture"

America has never had a President this pathetic.
The fact that the GOP cares what a quitter and loser thinks says it all. Prepare to lose again in 2012.

Old 01-31-2010, 11:03 AM

1,796 posts, read 1,661,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
And opinions are like a,,,,,s. Maybe tou should read her book.
What with all the typos and all, I am not sure what Quick Enough means. But let the record reflect that I have read enough of Palin's book to know that it is not worth plunking down any of my cash for. My books require no ghost writers--fluency is a marvelous thing.

Old 02-01-2010, 03:10 PM

711 posts, read 933,104 times
Smile Maybe A Lecture Is Appropriate

Any interested person doing a bit of research into Palin's background would understand how anything resembling a "lecture" would be fuel for her fire. I am not speaking of merely reading her latest book--if that is what you chose to call it. My info. tells me that Palin was never, or is, a very disciplined person.

I have heard many SOTU speeches in my life. This one was not the most lecturing or sharply critical one I have heard. Obama did however voice displeasure over some very controversial issues of our times including the SC's decision. I am also very concerned and am glad OUR Pres. addressed it. How anyone can interpret the headshake of the justice to mean Obama was lying is beyond me. It looked like he disagreed--which is O.K--he could have kept it to himself. I agree with Obama, and something must be done in light of the SC's recent decision to prevent additional harm to our country.

This is the POTUS, he has a right and obligation to call them as he sees them, and I applaud him for it.

Old 01-25-2012, 03:43 PM

3,359 posts, read 7,325,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fatmancomics View Post
Number one: it was a lecture. Obama took the time to reprimand the sad state of affairs in Washington and remind ALL parties present that they are PUBLIC SERVANTS and that their job is to look out for and do what's best for the American citizenry. It was a much needed lecture in my opinion and I give kudos to any president who has the brass needed to give it regardless of the party they belong to.

Number two: I second the sentiment of not giving a rat's ass to what Palin has to say on this or any other matter.

Number three: Pathetic? Really? You really think that a president who is willing to admit his mistakes but sticks to the part of his plan that needs time to work is pathetic? A president who is trying to bring two parties together for the good of the nation and is willing to, not just listen to, but go along with his worst critics' ideas if it will help the nation is pathetic? I guess Lincoln, both Roosevelts and JFK were pathetic too. But I'm sure you're part of that group that would rather spend time comparing him to Hitler than actually listening to what our elected leader has to say.
Awesome post....

I agree with you...

When you hear hateful folks, on these call up shows, respon to what the President said last night...it's as if they were listening to a whole different speach...

It's as if they have a 'template' in their heads of who the President is, after years of being brainwashed by talk show hosts, that even when the President delivers on of the best, well spoken, scolding both sides of the isles, addresses ever, they still don't see or won't concide...

And that's what hate, combined with ignorance does...it blinds the heart...

I've learned not to trust people who aren't honest....

Where they place more value on their own bias, than being honest....information coming from such souls is 'corupt'....

Example...

I'm hearing Hannity callers call up and say how the President wants to 'punish' the rich...and that 'being rich is 'bad'...

I never heard that sentiment expressed last night...and if someone could give a quote of him saying 'the rich are bad' or even implying that...than please share it with us all...

People who are out to smear and besmirch, just to do so, cannot be trusted...

And the AM radio airwaves are full of these grouchy, doom and gloom, Americas doomed, right wing talk show hosts, who, along with their equally cry baby callers, sit there and out right lie, and sling mud around about others, and the President, without ever having to confirm any of it...

Yet they think they're better than the Taliban, or Kim Jung Ill or Korea...who do similuar things...as far as only presenting one side of biasnes...

Our President showed class last night...and the more I here these spiteful people rail against him...the more I'm glad he got elected...

https://www.city-data.com/blogs/blog3...nts-state.html

https://www.city-data.com/blogs/blog3...nts-state.html

Old 01-25-2012, 04:24 PM

6,993 posts, read 6,338,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pommysmommy View Post
It doesn't matter what Palin says. Any intelligent person would recognize that this failing POTUS was lecturing.
And the State of the Union address should be a .......??? (you supply the noun).

You might want to look up synonyms for 'address' before filling in the blank...

Old 01-25-2012, 04:35 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,125,541 times
Well, who can be as great an orator and master of words and policy as Palin? This Tea Party family values Evangelical nitwit endorses Gingrich, the king of cheaters and ethic violations. What a joke!

BTW...Palin wouldn't recognize a lecture if it bit her on the butt.

Old 01-25-2012, 04:52 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,150,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DraggingCanoe View Post
RealClearPolitics - Video - Palin Describes Obama Speech As A "Lecture"

America has never had a President this pathetic.
I know Repugs are OBSESSED with Palin but , really, I didn't hold my breath waiting to hear what some loser bimbo had to say about Obama.....

she doesn't like him or anything he does... WOW There's a newsflash........

I think Repugs should get UN-obessed with Palin ...maybe they should concentrate on finding a decent human being for their next presidential candidate(it IS a struggle for them) and ignore The Green-Eyed Bitter B of The North and her droolings...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies