Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-28-2010, 12:20 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,419,009 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by trailtramp View Post
Congress needs more than a simple lecture, they need a whipping. It is a travesty that so many members of Congress are paid for and truly in the pockets of Corporate interests. Corporations are not people and do not have the right to vote...at least yet. This totally archaic right wing Supreme Court is trying hard to nail the coffin shut on individual rights and give all the power to big business.
I see where you get most of your information about this subject. The courts have seen corporations as persons for as long as I can remember. How else do you think individuals an sue them? I think you are listening to uninformed people from the left that really would like to strike down the whole court system other than the 9th Judicial Circuit of the West Coast.

Seriously, I don't think you know any more about this situation than you can get from the left leaning blogs and others of the far left that do want to get rid of our court system.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2010, 12:21 PM

38,760 posts, read 26,567,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
Putting her, rather than someone else, up there to give her interpretations and opinions makes her a de facto voice of Fix. No one there takes apart what she has to say. So what she says stands as their version of expert analysis. Of course it's slipshod and entertainment, but Fix viewers do take their political opinions from the Fix talking heads, see City Data Politics forum.

No one takes apart what Maddow says either. Well, no one except me.

https://www.city-data.com/forum/elect...dow-moron.html

Old 01-28-2010, 12:25 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,419,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
No one takes apart what Maddow says either. Well, no one except me.

https://www.city-data.com/forum/elect...dow-moron.html
I would be glad to do that but I can't get MSNBC and wouldn't watch her if I could. I just don't like that kind of people who libs think are so smart.

Old 01-28-2010, 12:41 PM
NCN

21,669 posts, read 25,757,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
Who's scared of Palin? The people who think she's an idiot? No.

I'm perplexed by the notion that negative reactions to Palin must be a result of fear. What kind of mental gymnastics are necessary to come up with a conclusion like that?
Right now there are 13 pages discussing one statement made by her. If what she says does not matter, I think the thread would have just died. Yes, the Democrats are scared to death of this lady.

Old 01-28-2010, 02:46 PM

9,879 posts, read 8,055,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
Right now there are 13 pages discussing one statement made by her. If what she says does not matter, I think the thread would have just died. Yes, the Democrats are scared to death of this lady.
I'm Libertarian, not Democratic, so I can't speak for them. I highly doubt though, Democrats are scared to death of this lady. I've heard, Democrats want her to run in the next Presidential election, for obvious reasons

If it was not for McCain picking her as a VP, and FOX making her into something she is not - there would be no threads at all on this "once Governor/Celebrititis".

There are 68 pages on "why do people oppose interracial marriage" - another non issue facing our nation That's the nature of City-data forum - Palin scares no one - but the jokes get better all the time

Old 01-28-2010, 02:47 PM

4,027 posts, read 7,320,434 times
Quote:
We are responding to people like you because you make statements like this.

Old 01-28-2010, 07:32 PM

1,133 posts, read 716,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
I didn't get to watch Fox till about coronation time last year so I don't hear much of that, but it is obvious that Dirty Harry and Nasty Nancy will continue to work to keep the GOP people from speaking out on the floors of their respective houses. Harry even went so far as to tell them he didn't need any of them months ago. I guess he has turned to needing to bribe to get at least one vote from them and the two independents which indicates that he has lost his bid to become THE PARTY. Maybe that won't happen.
Soon Harry will be a footnote in history, Obama is already a lame duck after only one year, thank Almighty God, and the experiment is over. Black America got halfway there and white america scrubbed itself of some guilt. Now maybe we can look forward to a for real, genuinely qualified candidate should one arise and maybe it will be a conservative. I wonder how many black liberals would vote for a black conservative just because he is black as did many black conservatives v ote for Obama. Maybe now that the barrier is broken ther will be no guilt or irrational clinging by either side.

What an absolute community organizer you folks wer duped by and maybe next time you will at least get someone that has worked a day in his life and understands some minute details with regard to reality.

Old 01-28-2010, 07:41 PM

3,047 posts, read 2,839,085 times
Quote:

The democrats are so afraid of Sarah Palin they would encourage riots to prevent her being elected President.

Old 01-28-2010, 07:50 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,231,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyrobin View Post
I'm Libertarian, not Democratic, so I can't speak for them. I highly doubt though, Democrats are scared to death of this lady. I've heard, Democrats want her to run in the next Presidential election, for obvious reasons

If it was not for McCain picking her as a VP, and FOX making her into something she is not - there would be no threads at all on this "once Governor/Celebrititis".

There are 68 pages on "why do people oppose interracial marriage" - another non issue facing our nation That's the nature of City-data forum - Palin scares no one - but the jokes get better all the time
Can you imagine Palin giving a State Of The Union Address? I shudder to think about how many times she would give that obnoxious wink.

Old 01-28-2010, 07:57 PM

1,133 posts, read 716,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Can you imagine Palin giving a State Of The Union Address? I shudder to think about how many times she would give that obnoxious wink.

Maybe, but that obnoxious wink is not nearly so obnoxious or comical as that arrogant bakwards head tilt of the messiah. I can imagine he copied that from some sophisticated law professor, maybe Revrund Wright pulling away in his caddy. Maybe it is an optical thing and he's looking down his nose at the teleprompter.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies