Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2010, 11:39 AM

17,531 posts, read 24,723,447 times

Advertisements

24 million is less than 2% of the population
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2010, 11:47 AM

11,431 posts, read 19,020,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Is this any wonder? Liberalism in practice. And we want that here? Give me a break! In the words of James Traficicant: "Mr. Speaker, beam me up!"

How is that "Liberalism"? it's their national policy, not a philosphy.

Old 01-13-2010, 11:49 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,846,981 times
I thought the imbalance was a lot more serious than that. More like 20% or so. I have to wonder if the emigrating Chinamen will be heading for the rest of Southeast Asia and India on tanks and carrying rifles thoughtfully provided by their government. That is the most likely outcome.

Old 01-13-2010, 12:30 PM

10,793 posts, read 13,558,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post
How is that "Liberalism"? it's their national policy, not a philosphy.

Oh nooooo.....there was someone on Obama's team actually suggesting we adopt some of this practice!!

Obama’s science czar does not support coercive population control, spokesman says

Science Czar John Holdren

Washington D.C., Jul 15, 2009 / 06:08 am (CNA).- The office of President Obama’s “science czar” John Holdren has responded to concerns Holdren co-authored a book which allegedly contained comments supporting coercive population control measures. A spokesman for the department said that Holdren disavowed such policies at his confirmation hearing.
Holdren is currently Director of the White House Office of Science and Technology Policy, Assistant to the President for Science and Technology, and Co-Chair of the President's Council of Advisors on Science and Technology.

Obama’s science czar does not support coercive population control, spokesman says :: Catholic News Agency (CNA)

HOPE AND CHANGE

Old 01-13-2010, 12:33 PM

10,793 posts, read 13,558,206 times
Forced abortions. Mass sterilization. A "Planetary Regime" with the power of life and death over American citizens.

The tyrannical fantasies of a madman? Or merely the opinions of the person now in control of science policy in the United States? Or both?

These ideas (among many other equally horrifying recommendations) were put forth by John Holdren, whom Barack Obama has recently appointed Director of the White House Office of Science and Technology Policy, Assistant to the President for Science and Technology, and Co-Chair of the President's Council of Advisors on Science and Technology -- informally known as the United States' Science Czar. In a book Holdren co-authored in 1977, the man now firmly in control of science policy in this country wrote that:

John Holdren, Obama's Science Czar, says: Forced abortions and mass sterilization needed to save the planet

Old 01-13-2010, 12:36 PM

2,888 posts, read 6,545,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citizenkane2 View Post
Forced abortions. Mass sterilization.
Mass sterilization - no problem, there are too many people.

Forced abortions - I don't think so. They elected to abort females. These people brought it on themselves by placing a higher value on one gender over another.

Old 01-13-2010, 12:55 PM

8,762 posts, read 11,584,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citizenkane2 View Post
400 million babies??? Yeah...I'm pushing an agenda alright! We all should be saddened over that monumental loss of life!

And how do you know how I feel about them after they are born?

Again...how the heck do you know that they will surely in up in poverty and suffering?? HOW DO YOU KNOW???

So murder is your answer???
Why should we be saddened over this? You are being overly emotional.

And in China, it is more than likely they will be ending up suffering. 400 million people CANNOT be promised success especially in a overpopulated land.

Again...how the heck do you know that they will surely in up in riches and happiness?? HOW DO YOU KNOW???
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissNM View Post
Mass sterilization - no problem, there are too many people.

Forced abortions - I don't think so. They elected to abort females. These people brought it on themselves by placing a higher value on one gender over another.
Be careful. You said something logical instead of going hysterical. Now you will surely get flamed.

Old 01-13-2010, 10:42 PM

4,696 posts, read 5,830,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
They were smart enough to know that until they completely take over the U.S. they will need FOOD to feed these people......see, food is a necessity and if you have more people than you can feed, people go hungry...(explanation necessary?????sheesh!)

Yes, like too many Americans they do NOT value females as much as males which will create problems.
Don't put the U.S in the same category as China on this. Americans would be outraged if girls were being sex selected for abortion.

The feminists in this country should be highly critical of the Chinese culture for this genocide against girls. Of course they won't because they value abortion above all else.

I have heard about this practice of the Chinese for years but this thread has caused me to reflect on it. Iknow it won't make any difference but I will try to not purchase any products made in China as a way to protest this practice. (This will be quite a challenge when I shop at Wal Mart,) Any country that values boys over girls to the point where they kill baby girls is a country and culture I feel deep animosity towards..

Old 01-13-2010, 10:43 PM

8,762 posts, read 11,584,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay F View Post
Don't put the U.S in the same category as China on this. Americans would be outraged if girls were being selected for abortion.

The feminists in this country should be highly critical of the Chinese culture for rhis genocide against girls. Of course they won't because they value abortion above all else.

I have heard about this practice of the Chinese for years but this thread has caused me to reflect on it. Iknow it won't make any difference but I will try to not purchase any products made in China as a way to protest this practice. (This will be quite a challenge when I shop at Wal Mart,) An country that values boys over girls to the point where they kill baby girls is a country and culture I feel deep animosity towards..
It is very hard. I try to buy stuff not made in China but damn.

Good luck. Most of the time, I am unable to find whatever I want that was either made in the US/Can.

Old 01-13-2010, 11:04 PM

5,365 posts, read 6,346,973 times
The sex imbalance in China is not exclusive to China. The Hindu population of India similarly practices excessive abortion on female fetuses. The sex imbalance among the youth in China, S. Korea, Vietnam, and India all exceeds or comes near 10%.

See https://www.cia.gov/library/publicat...k/geos/in.html for specific examples.

A lot of people have brough up China's one child policy as the cause of this imbalance, but as I have shown, and as you can see (by clicking on the link and looking up each country mentioned, then looking at the sex ratios in the 'People' section), many surrounding countries without strict population policies have similar imbalances in the sex ratio.

Also, Chinese people seem to be supportive of their 1-child policy. I recently ended a relationship with a Chinese man. He, and every SINGLE one of his friends who came from China, are in support of that policy, as are most of China's urban and educated class. As my ex told me, if you cannot feed them, then they should not be born.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies