Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2010, 08:31 PM

2,352 posts, read 2,289,690 times

Advertisements

Being a bad husband hardly qualifies as murder. But consider the source.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2010, 09:25 PM

10,719 posts, read 20,360,161 times
Who didn't see this coming. Now that mainstream America has rejected him, he is going the thug/hip hop route ala O.J. Simpson. It won't be long before you see Tiger with Jay Z on stage or Tiger palling around with Flo-Rida. So now he is going for the thug tough look.

The funny thing is Tiger is more Asian than he is Black racially speaking. His competitiveness and drive come from his mother who instilled the Asian work ethic. He essentially grew up as a white person who hung out with white kids in an affluent area in California and attended Stanford. When asked about being Black, he responded with "I'm Cablinasian" which is Caucasian, Black, Native American and Asian meaning he never saw himself as being Black or any particular race......

....yet now, he is going to firmly adopt his Black side to find a new niche to market and promote himself

p.s. My abs can look like that too if I unabashedly suck them in like that.

Old 01-04-2010, 09:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kentuckydad95 View Post
Yeah...he's real smooth...getting a beating from his wife. LOL
Yeah, he should have turned around and beat his wife instead because that's what they do in Kentucky and the South right? Tough guys in the South don't let their women beat 'em

Old 01-04-2010, 09:37 PM

981 posts, read 809,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by azriverfan. View Post
Now now, az, there's no need for jealousy.

Old 01-04-2010, 09:54 PM

3,076 posts, read 5,263,370 times
Quote:
The funny thing is Tiger is more Asian than he is Black racially speaking. His competitiveness and drive come from his mother who instilled the Asian work ethic.
I'm sure his black father had a little something to do with it. And how exactly does the Asian work ethic differ from the black one again? Just curious.

Old 01-04-2010, 09:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSykes View Post
I'm sure his black father had a little something to do with it. And how exactly does the Asian work ethic differ from the black one again? Just curious.
Never said or implied anything about the Black work ethic. Tiger was asked how is mother influenced him because everyone credits his father and he said that she specifically gave him his competitive drive and work ethic in an interview. No need to be so sensitive! We all know Tiger wouldn't be who he is without his father but his mother deserves some of the credit too

Old 01-04-2010, 10:11 PM

31,384 posts, read 37,160,652 times
Joan Walsh gets the She Gets It Award.
Vanity Fair should be ashamed of itself. The Thug Life photo of Tiger Woods that graces the magazine's February cover will go down in history with Time's "darkened" O.J. Simpson cover and Vogue's portrait of a brutish LeBron James carrying off a blond princess two years ago. I've always defended Woods' freedom to call himself Cablinasian, as befitting his mixed heritage. But Vanity Fair just proved the arguments of black people who dislike what they see as Woods' racial dodge. He'll always be black, but especially after he gets in trouble.

Old 01-04-2010, 10:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post

Cheating is bad, but the guy didn't kill his wife after all....
Agreed but OJ never came close to reaching Tiger's status as an icon either. Tiger was way ahead of pace of beating LeBron James to become the first billionaire athlete. Tiger's saintly image was manufactured to accompany his greatness as a golfer by the media and industry. The reality is he is not a good sport, he isn't the friendliest of people and he is an adulterer/womanizer.

It would be inaccurate and unfair to compare him to a murderer like O.J. but I understand why he is labeled a pariah now. It goes both ways. He was raised to such heights by the same people who are bringing him down. It comes with the territory. If you are going to earn hundreds of millions of dollars as the poster boy for America, you are going to have a hard fall if you mess up like he did. Tiger isn't being treated unfairly, it's part of the deal.

I personally don't think Tiger is a bad guy. If I'm going to start judging people for cheating on their wives, I know a lot of guys guilty of this. It's not right and it is a shameful act but it's not the first time good people do some very stupid things and have shameful addictions. Tiger just sounds like a normal guy. The problem is you can't be a normal guy and be the poster boy for Nike and many other companies who mass market their products to the entire country.

Old 01-04-2010, 10:36 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,495,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L.Funk View Post
Good Evening,

Yes indeed folks ... Unfortunately the "Real Mr.Tiger" has at long last truly revealed himself for all the world to see !

It woefully appears to be the case more often than not that when a person has practically acheived all there is in life it is simply just not enough and of course the fall from grace is not very far away.

The Outrageously Disgraceful, Exceedingly Embarrassing, & Acutely Mendacious actions of our Mr. Tiger is an exacting case in point.

Methinks this is a classic object lesson regarding the malevolence associated with so many of the egotistical, pompous & self centered manics that sadly dwell among us.

America and it's so called sports hero's these days !!!

Thanks / Lamar

Why lamar, I think you got it RIGHT!

Old 01-04-2010, 10:37 PM

1,807 posts, read 3,333,164 times
Quote:
Who didn't see this coming. Now that mainstream America has rejected him, he is going the thug/hip hop route ala O.J. Simpson. It won't be long before you see Tiger with Jay Z on stage or Tiger palling around with Flo-Rida. So now he is going for the thug tough look.

The funny thing is Tiger is more Asian than he is Black racially speaking. His competitiveness and drive come from his mother who instilled the Asian work ethic. He essentially grew up as a white person who hung out with white kids in an affluent area in California and attended Stanford. When asked about being Black, he responded with "I'm Cablinasian" which is Caucasian, Black, Native American and Asian meaning he never saw himself as being Black or any particular race......

....yet now, he is going to firmly adopt his Black side to find a new niche to market and promote himself

yes real insightful commentary here
because there is a large untapped african american "market" for golf/golfers to target. lol smh

gl
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies