Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-25-2009, 12:51 PM

7,835 posts, read 8,440,877 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puddy4LyF View Post

I admittedly made an error while typing, and neglected to proof-read. I didn't mean to imply that Carter is likened to being a terrorist, but that Hamas and other Free Palestine organizations are. And you just did.

I'm fine with that intimation as long as you also intimate that Israel is also a terrorist organization. And if you can't say that, then you also can't say that Hamas, et al is a terrorist organization.

It's that simple. Afterall, one man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter.

What separates the two?

You, as well as those you support, need to look in the mirror.
Is this post a joke? "One man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter"? Israel is a "terrorist organization"?

Holy ****, man, talk about frightening.

Israel is a COUNTRY, just like the United States of America is a COUNTRY.

Hamas is a TERRORIST ORGANIZATION just like Al Qaeda is a TERRORIST ORGANIZATION.

Hamas's sole purpose for being is to obliterate, annihilate, destroy and MURDER all Jews, just like Al Qaeda's sole purpose for being is to obliterate, annihilate, destroy and MURDER all Americans.

Hamas isn't any sort of freedom-fighting entity. The very notion of that is clear and damning evidence that you have no CLUE what you're talking about.

Hamas has a CHARTER that spells this out in clear, unambiguous language.

Dude, you're being delusional in your hatred of Israel. I'm SO done engaging you now. I cannot possibly see myself even attempting to reason with someone who refuses to acknowledge facts, and instead attempts to paint terrorists as freedom fighters. It's disgusting.

Merry Christmas.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-25-2009, 01:04 PM

13,186 posts, read 14,980,467 times
"Hamas's sole purpose for being is to obliterate, annihilate, destroy and MURDER all Jews"

When partisans utter crap like this. Best not even debate them....they're too far gone.

For those who would like to know the good and bad about the Hamas Political Party fairly elected into power in Palestine go here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hamas

Old 12-25-2009, 01:13 PM

3,771 posts, read 7,095,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill61 View Post
Is this post a joke? "One man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter"? Israel is a "terrorist organization"?

Holy ****, man, talk about frightening.

Israel is a COUNTRY, just like the United States of America is a COUNTRY.

Hamas is a TERRORIST ORGANIZATION just like Al Qaeda is a TERRORIST ORGANIZATION.

Hamas's sole purpose for being is to obliterate, annihilate, destroy and MURDER all Jews, just like Al Qaeda's sole purpose for being is to obliterate, annihilate, destroy and MURDER all Americans.

Hamas isn't any sort of freedom-fighting entity. The very notion of that is clear and damning evidence that you have no CLUE what you're talking about.

Hamas has a CHARTER that spells this out in clear, unambiguous language.

Dude, you're being delusional in your hatred of Israel. I'm SO done engaging you now. I cannot possibly see myself even attempting to reason with someone who refuses to acknowledge facts, and instead attempts to paint terrorists as freedom fighters. It's disgusting.

Merry Christmas.

What facts? You haven't presented any. You've told me the difference between a country and an organization, as if that's what we're attempting to discuss.

"One man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter" is a famous quote, one which you are skipping over and apparently are unable to grasp the point of, which is ironic.

It isn't meant to say that Hamas hasn't employed terror tactics to progress their goals. Unfortunately, we live in a media society where attention isn't paid to an issue unless there is something radical that grabs their attention. War, murder, blood, fire sell.

It's meant to help one see the other side of the issue, something it's obvious you're unable to do. Everyone is fighting and killing for their cause and just because you only agree with a Zionist cause doesn't make them any different from their opposition.

I asked you to tell me what separates Israel and Hamas? Surely not murder. In fact, the last time I was in Ramallah, there was an incident that was much talked-about and little reported internationally where an Israeli tank approached a group of small Palestinian children near a fence line where the children were throwing rocks at an Israeli tank. The tank approached the children and dropped a boxing glove with a copper ball inside. The children took the glove back over the fence with the copper ball which was actually an explosive which detonated as one small child held the copper ball near his stomach.

It's also an event that is recorded in the film ' Gaza Strip. ' Is that not terrorism? Or, as you say, the difference is that Israel is a country and can't be a terrorist organization? Is that what this is about? Semantics? Call it what it is, man.

I'm not Palestinian, but I've studied this conflict as part of my historical thesis. I speak fluent Arabic despite being French Canadian and have visited both Israel and Palestine, and had the lovely experience of being an outsider to both, not taking one side or the other or having some sort of cultural tie to either. Palestinians and visitors to Ramallah are treated like dogs in a kennel, and have been for quite a while. Don't send posts rife with emotional backlash in calling Free Palestinian organizations terrorists unless you're willing to acknowledge the exact same for your side.

If you're a Machiavellian realist, fine, committ cultural genocide, and control of an entire people. But don't then say that Hamas is a terrorist organization and Israel isn't. You can't have it both ways and both sides have employed murder, bloodshed, and disgusting killing of innocents.

Do you argue the way you do because you don't want to admit what Israel has done for its hegemony? Sorry, I won't allow you to be historically and intellectually dishonest.

Old 12-25-2009, 01:17 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,468,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
"Hamas's sole purpose for being is to obliterate, annihilate, destroy and MURDER all Jews"

When partisans utter crap like this. Best not even debate them....they're too far gone.

For those who would like to know the good and bad about the Hamas Political Party fairly elected into power in Palestine go here:

Hamas - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Quote:
"Israel will exist and will continue to exist until Islam will obliterate it, just as it obliterated others before it" (The Martyr, Imam Hassan al-Banna, of blessed memory).
"The Islamic world is on fire. Each of us should pour some water, no matter how little, to extinguish whatever one can without waiting for the others." (Sheikh Amjad al-Zahawi, of blessed memory).
http://ftp.fas.org/irp/world/para/docs/880818.htm

Old 12-25-2009, 01:21 PM

Quote:
ERETZ-ISRAEL [(Hebrew) - The Land of Israel] was the birthplace of the Jewish people. Here their spiritual, religious and political identity was shaped. Here they first attained to statehood, created cultural values of national and universal significance and gave to the world the eternal Book of Books.
After being forcibly exiled from their land, the people remained faithful to it throughout their Dispersion and never ceased to pray and hope for their return to it and for the restoration in it of their political freedom.
Impelled by this historic and traditional attachment, Jews strove in every successive generation to re-establish themselves in their ancient homeland.
The Avalon Project : Declaration of Israel's Independence 1948

Old 12-25-2009, 01:26 PM

13,186 posts, read 14,980,467 times
See how this works.

I post a link describing the 21 year old Hamas charter AND the subsequent statements about that charter and their relationship with Israel from the Hamas leadership.

Bigjohn like all right wingers just wants to freeze time in 1988 and use that wording to justify killing more Palestinians.

He's a typical Neocon...they give you only one side of the story in the hopes it will outrage you enough to support yet another war.

Old 12-25-2009, 01:33 PM

I see how you work, as pathetic as it is. But that's your MO so no one expects any different.

Old 12-25-2009, 01:42 PM

Quote:
This Covenant of the Islamic Resistance Movement (HAMAS), clarifies its picture, reveals its identity, outlines its stand, explains its aims, speaks about its hopes, and calls for its support, adoption and joining its ranks. Our struggle against the Jews is very great and very serious. It needs all sincere efforts. It is a step that inevitably should be followed by other steps. The Movement is but one squadron that should be supported by more and more squadrons from this vast Arab and Islamic world, until the enemy is vanquished and Allah's victory is realised.
The Avalon Project : Hamas Covenant 1988

Old 12-25-2009, 01:43 PM

Quote:
"The Day of Judgement will not come about until Moslems fight the Jews (killing the Jews), when the Jew will hide behind stones and trees. The stones and trees will say O Moslems, O Abdulla, there is a Jew behind me, come and kill him. Only the Gharkad tree, (evidently a certain kind of tree) would not do that because it is one of the trees of the Jews." (related by al-Bukhari and Moslem).
The Slogan of the Islamic Resistance Movement:

Allah is its target, the Prophet is its model, the Koran its constitution: Jihad is its path and death for the sake of Allah is the loftiest of its wishes.

Old 12-25-2009, 01:45 PM

Quote:
The day that enemies usurp part of Moslem land, Jihad becomes the individual duty of every Moslem. In face of the Jews' usurpation of Palestine, it is compulsory that the banner of Jihad be raised. To do this requires the diffusion of Islamic consciousness among the masses, both on the regional, Arab and Islamic levels. It is necessary to instill the spirit of Jihad in the heart of the nation so that they would confront the enemies and join the ranks of the fighters.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies