Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-25-2009, 10:56 AM

13,186 posts, read 15,021,352 times

Advertisements

Here's a poll that showed the majority is Israelies wanted to negotiate with Hamas.

But when Carter wants to have a dialogue with them ......the Israeli apologists attack him.

Carter violated the rule that says only the right wing Likud point of view is the one that Americans are allowed to have.

Unless they want to be slurred as an antisemite by Harry in Miami ....LOL

Glenn Greenwald - Salon.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-25-2009, 11:15 AM

7,835 posts, read 8,469,262 times
Glenn Greenwald

Glenn Greenwald

Glenn Greenwald

Ok, we get it already. Glenn Greenwald has an opinion about criticizing Israel. Now, you want to get back on topic?

Old 12-25-2009, 11:15 AM

3,771 posts, read 7,125,333 times
It's a sad, futile debate, I fear. Israeli apologizists are unending in their support in the hatred of anyone who attempts to bring sense to the situation. It's almost akin to the fearmongering under McCarthy. Carter and anyone who legitimizes Hamas or Free Palestinian organizations are likened to terrorists, which go to deligitmize not just the group - afterall, I think we can all criticize Hamas - but does it also deligetimize the cause of a Free Palestine? NO, absolutely not, but that's what Israel and the Zionist Jewish Community has successfully done in this country.

Anyone wishing to understand the bare minimum of the plight of the Palestinians should simply travel to Ramallah or the WB. It's a sad, sad situation and both sides are to blame.

Carter has attempted, like others have and others should, to speak with humility and honesty about the situation, in an attempt to get both sides of the conversation in the same room together for real solutions and real talks. If you're offended by the fact that Israeli Zionists are to blame and not just Palestine, then I'm afraid you have a lot of a) studying to do, b) growing up to do.

Sad.

Old 12-25-2009, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill61 View Post
Glenn Greenwald

Glenn Greenwald

Glenn Greenwald

Ok, we get it already. Glenn Greenwald has an opinion about criticizing Israel. Now, you want to get back on topic?
If you'd like to take on one of his arguments the floor is yours by all means....LOL

Old 12-25-2009, 11:22 AM

7,835 posts, read 8,469,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puddy4LyF View Post

It's a sad, futile debate, I fear. Israeli apologizists are unending in their support in the hatred of anyone who attempts to bring sense to the situation. It's almost akin to the fearmongering under McCarthy. Carter and anyone who legitimizes Hamas or Free Palestinian organizations are likened to terrorists, which go to deligitmize not just the group - afterall, I think we can all criticize Hamas - but does it also deligetimize the cause of a Free Palestine? NO, absolutely not, but that's what Israel and the Zionist Jewish Community has successfully done in this country.
Utter bull****. No one has called Carter himself a terrorist. But a terrorist sympathizer gets no sympathy from me. That's like asking me to embrace supporters of al Qaeda. Not gonna happen in this lifetime, sorry. And if you think Hamas isn't a terrorist organization, then it's you who has some studying and growing up to do.

Sad indeed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post

If you'd like to take on one of his arguments the floor is yours by all means....LOL
"LOL", no. He and his opinions aren't the subject of this thread.

Old 12-25-2009, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill61 View Post
Utter bull****. No one has called Carter himself a terrorist. But a terrorist sympathizer gets no sympathy from me. That's like asking me to embrace supporters of al Qaeda. Not gonna happen in this lifetime, sorry. And if you think Hamas isn't a terrorist organization, then it's you who has some studying and growing up to do.

Sad indeed.

"LOL", no. He and his opinions aren't the subject of this thread.
I admittedly made an error while typing, and neglected to proof-read. I didn't mean to imply that Carter is likened to being a terrorist, but that Hamas and other Free Palestine organizations are. And you just did.

I'm fine with that intimation as long as you also intimate that Israel is also a terrorist organization. And if you can't say that, then you also can't say that Hamas, et al is a terrorist organization.

It's that simple. Afterall, one man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter.

What separates the two?

You, as well as those you support, need to look in the mirror.

Old 12-25-2009, 11:31 AM

Glenn Greenwald's arguments very much are the point of this thread.

The point of this thread is to slam and slur Jimmy Carter for not being sufficeintly pro Israel in the mind of a right wingers.

His article shows how and why they engage in this tactic.

GG also gives us a poll within Israel that shows many Israelis ARE OK with a dialogue with Hamas.....one of Jimmy Carter's big "sins".

Old 12-25-2009, 12:15 PM

3,004 posts, read 3,897,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
Talk about spin. I understand that you are just posting from the JTA, but your source sucks and so does the spin. Jimmy Carter never asked the Jewish Community for forgiveness. He apologized for anything that he had done that would have offended, which is not the same thing as apologizing for doing something wrong. President Carter stated that " we must not permit criticisms for improvement to stigmatize Israel. As I would have noted at Rosh Hashanah and Yom Kippur, but which is appropriate at any time of the year, I offer an Al Het for any words or deeds of mine that may have done so." An Al Het is asking for forgiveness from GOD! Unless the Jewish Community is God then he did not ask for forgiveness from the Jewish Community.

You need to read a few more sources. Better yet actually read the letter yourself. A sampling is attached free of charge. Your welcome.

Jimmy Carter Apologizes For Criticizing Israel - The Two-Way - Breaking News, Analysis Blog : NPR
If you were really Jewish, then you would know that an Al Het will not get you forgiveness from God unless you FIRST GO TO THE PERSON whom you've offended, ask for forgiveness, AND have that person grant you forgiveness. It is very clear in our religion that if you have sinned against another person, you may not bypass them and go straight to God for forgiveness -- God will NOT forgive. Only after making an intense, sincere effort to gain the offended person's forgiveness for THREE times on three separate occasions, may you hope that God will forgive you instead. And if that person is dead because you murdered him, you are hosed, because a dead person can't grant you forgiveness. Such is the case with the Holocaust criminals, and why they can never be forgiven by their victims who are dead and can never receive God's forgiveness either.

Seen in this light, this was Carter's pretense at asking for forgiveness from the Jews (though I don't believe for a moment that he is sincere and thankfully, God sees that too since He sees everything.)

Old 12-25-2009, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chattypatty View Post
If you were really Jewish, then you would know that an Al Het will not get you forgiveness from God unless you FIRST GO TO THE PERSON whom you've offended, ask for forgiveness, AND have that person grant you forgiveness. It is very clear in our religion that if you have sinned against another person, you may not bypass them and go straight to God for forgiveness -- God will NOT forgive. Only after making an intense, sincere effort to gain the offended person's forgiveness for THREE times on three separate occasions, may you hope that God will forgive you instead. And if that person is dead because you murdered him, you are hosed, because a dead person can't grant you forgiveness. Such is the case with the Holocaust criminals, and why they can never be forgiven by their victims who are dead and can never receive God's forgiveness either.

Seen in this light, this was Carter's pretense at asking for forgiveness from the Jews (though I don't believe for a moment that he is sincere and thankfully, God sees that too since He sees everything.)
This post literally scared me.

There are people out there that believe they know the intention and desire of a deity.

That is down right scary. It's no wonder the situation, which revolves around both religion and politics, appears neverending.

Sad and scary.

Old 12-25-2009, 12:27 PM

3,004 posts, read 3,897,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puddy4LyF View Post
This post literally scared me.

There are people out there that believe they know the intention and desire of a deity.

That is down right scary. It's no wonder the situation, which revolves around both religion and politics, appears neverending.

Sad and scary.
If you're scared, I suggest you call your mommy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies