Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-23-2009, 03:15 PM

11,449 posts, read 14,472,910 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by altpence View Post
Glenn Beck is playing to the dumbest people in the country. When this fool showed reliefs on the side of the GE building as communist subliminal propaganda. Yah the communists had this plan of taking over the country with reliefs on buildings that only Glenn Beck can understand, he is such a fool. If this was propaganda, which it is not, Beck has done more to promote it than all the provdas ever printed. He and his followers are such fools. 9/12 project is a joke.
I would sum them up as a silly group of people, if the end result of his ridiculous rants weren't so potentially dangerous. In a nation of gun loving, ill informed half wits, the shyt that Beck pitches can end up killing somebody. Worse yet is his cowardice in addressing his own rhetoric; he always takes the "aw shucks" approach. "I'm just an everyday guy who is fed up with it all." Sure Glenn, gotcha.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-23-2009, 03:17 PM

2,539 posts, read 4,089,042 times
There's a revolution coming. It will be silent. All laws can be changed. Nothing is cast in stone.

Old 12-23-2009, 03:18 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,322,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artisan10 View Post
theolsarge wrote:
I believe this is it:

page 1020
"...it shall not be in order in the senate or the house of representatives to consider any bill, resolution, amendment, or conference report that would repeal or otherwise change this subsection."
That's it, and I was just getting ready to post a link to a couple of articles on the Internet, and some comments from Jim DeMint made on the Senate Floor, when my computer locked up, and I had to shut everything down and restart. Murphy's law, I suppose.

Last edited by nononsenseguy; 12-23-2009 at 03:39 PM.. Reason: Dang. I can't even spell Murphy!

Old 12-23-2009, 03:23 PM

1,530 posts, read 1,533,822 times
This group is helping the people. This is worth looking into.

Tenth Amendment Center | Working to limit the power of the federal government

Old 12-23-2009, 03:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oscottscotto View Post
Note that it is one subsection of the bill that is in question. It is beyond misleading to say that "this bill cannot be repealled".
Nobody said the "whole bill" could not be repealed.

Old 12-23-2009, 03:28 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,676,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
That's it, and I was just getting ready to post a link to a couple of articles on the Internet, and some comments from Jim DeMint made on the Senate Floor, when my computer locked up, and I had to shut everything down and restart. Murphey's law, I suppose.
Nope, it's a conspiracy.

Old 12-23-2009, 03:36 PM

Default You get a clue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagran View Post
Get a clue.

First off, learn what a dictatorship is.

Second, IF something has been done that is unconstitutional, the Supreme Court will get the opportunity to make that determination and it will be voided.
No, you get a clue.

Do you really think that this is Constitutional? Where were you schooled? Have you ever read the Constitution? Can you tell me where in the Constitution the Federal government is given the authority to force you to buy anything (for starters)?

In order for the Supreme Court to get involved, a lawsuit must be brought. And the person or persons bringing the suit must have "standing". The Supreme Court does not examine every law passed for Constitutionality. Did you think that they do?

Please. I know what a dictatorship is. Do you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagran View Post
Third, if you knew any history -- even recent history -- you would know that no one now is any more arrogant than were politicians throughout history.
Meaning ... what? Is there a point to that statement?

But that is precisely why our Founders attempted to protect us from Government. They did not trust it.

Old 12-23-2009, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theolsarge View Post
Dude, delete the email and try something else.

I know there must be some meaning in your post, but I'll be damned if I can figure out what it is. Did someone mention Email?

Old 12-23-2009, 03:45 PM

2,667 posts, read 6,783,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Nobody said the "whole bill" could not be repealed.
Have you read many of the C-D posts today? lol

Yes, they are.

Old 12-23-2009, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeym81 View Post
Got a source???? or you just trying to scare your republican friends?
Do any of you people know how to even use Google? I just did a quick Google, and found a whole list of articles about this. This was a day after I made the original post, based on what I heard read (the actual words from the bill).
Why should I do all your work?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies