Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-23-2009, 02:29 PM

9,763 posts, read 10,531,049 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
I wish I could say that is was a lie. It's in the Seanate bill. I heard it read allowed as it is written.
It's a lie because "requires three-fifths vote to repeal" does not mean "cannot be repealed."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-23-2009, 02:30 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,318,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
Where did you hear this?
I heard it on the radio first yesterday. Then at one point, during the debating, motion and amendment filing etc. (CSPAN-2) The Senators were discussing the Constitutionality of parts of the bill, and it came up, so I know that it is true.

This has never been done before, and is totally against the Democratic process.

Old 12-23-2009, 02:35 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,318,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nvxplorer View Post
Source please?
Radio first. Then CSPAN-2 live Senate proceedings. Senators were discussing the Constitutionality of such an inclusion.

Old 12-23-2009, 02:36 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,673,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theolsarge View Post
Main Entry: dic·ta·tor
Pronunciation: \ˈdik-ˌtā-tər, dik-ˈ\
Function: noun
Etymology: Latin, from dictare
Date: 14th century
1 a : a person granted absolute emergency power; especially : one appointed by the senate of ancient Rome b : one holding complete autocratic control c : one ruling absolutely and often oppressively
2 : one that dictates

Notice the word "one".

I've tried to read Karl Marx in my past but it was all serious gibberish to me. Just now looked up "dictatorship of the proletariat" and hadn't a clue what I was reading. Just gibberish. I've read Scott, Dickens and others but Marx leaves me in the dust.
Oligarchy isn't much better than your straight dictatorships, if all parties act in collusion with each other, and aren't at each other's throats.

Old 12-23-2009, 02:36 PM

2,709 posts, read 1,040,686 times
theolsarge wrote:
Quote:
Download it and tell us where it is.
I believe this is it:

page 1020
"...it shall not be in order in the senate or the house of representatives to consider any bill, resolution, amendment, or conference report that would repeal or otherwise change this subsection."

Old 12-23-2009, 02:50 PM

2,667 posts, read 6,783,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artisan10 View Post
theolsarge wrote:
I believe this is it:

page 1020
"...it shall not be in order in the senate or the house of representatives to consider any bill, resolution, amendment, or conference report that would repeal or otherwise change this subsection."
Note that it is one subsection of the bill that is in question. It is beyond misleading to say that "this bill cannot be repealled".

Old 12-23-2009, 02:56 PM

11,449 posts, read 14,471,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
This afternoon it has been reported that the Democrats have made certain provisions of the so-called "health care" bill, impossible to repeal!

This is unconstitutional, but they don't care. They have included language that basically says that any future attempts by Congress to repeal said legislation shall not be allowed.

Never in the history of the United States has so arrogant a bunch been in power.

This is clearly unconstitutional, and violates all current rules of Congress.

Who do these people think they are?

It is clearly time for bold action. We cannot sit by and watch our Representative form of government be dismantled.

Hammer these people with phone calls, letters, and whatever it takes. The Obama train wreck simply must be stopped.
Hilarious.

Old 12-23-2009, 03:05 PM

31 posts, read 40,006 times
I think you are thinking of the last 8 year adm. Not the present. They are the ones who ran over boarders like Hitlers Wehrmacht and invaded based on lies. He is the one who set up torture camps, and spyed on his own people. I think you are talking about bush.

Old 12-23-2009, 03:08 PM

11,449 posts, read 14,471,535 times
It's a communist dictatorship! Did you see the halo that Glenn Beck pointed out the other night around Obama's head? I think there was a sickle in there somewhere too! OMG OMG!

Old 12-23-2009, 03:12 PM

31 posts, read 40,006 times
Glenn Beck is playing to the dumbest people in the country. When this fool showed reliefs on the side of the GE building as communist subliminal propaganda. Yah the communists had this plan of taking over the country with reliefs on buildings that only Glenn Beck can understand, he is such a fool. If this was propaganda, which it is not, Beck has done more to promote it than all the provdas ever printed. He and his followers are such fools. 9/12 project is a joke.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies