Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-18-2012, 04:17 PM

147 posts, read 144,874 times

Advertisements

I'm all for baseball, motherhood, the flag and the American way, but to tell you the truth I don't see democracy getting us out of this mess. What am I missing?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2012, 04:21 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,509,263 times
Baseball ? Full of druggies on steriods.
Motherhood ? Don't need no stinking motherhood when government can cover all your basic needs.
The Flag ? Optional now.
American way ? Diversity and globalism rules now.

Old 05-18-2012, 04:24 PM

147 posts, read 144,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Baseball ? Full of druggies on steriods.
Motherhood ? Don't need no stinking motherhood when government can cover all your basic needs.
The Flag ? Optional now.
American way ? Diversity and globalism rules now.
Is America really finished, then?

I think despair is a sin.

Old 05-18-2012, 04:28 PM

1,512 posts, read 1,823,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles45 View Post
What am I missing?
That your worries are the product of propaganda. The rule is the same: self-interest is the most important ingredient to success in a good or bad country.

Old 05-18-2012, 04:32 PM

Quote:
Is America really finished, then?

I think despair is a sin.
I'm not in despair, not at all. I've just positioned myself to be as least connected to "the system" as I can and still live my life.

Moving to a small rural town in Texas has shown me that we are not finished by a long run and that there are people that maintain the "old values".

Old 05-18-2012, 04:32 PM

4,428 posts, read 4,483,289 times
Quote:
I don't see democracy getting us out of this mess.
Yes it will. Getting rid of Obama is the key.

An Obama style dictatorship is what we are getting a taste of right now.

America should not go down that road.

Old 05-18-2012, 04:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Homogenizer View Post
That your worries are the product of propaganda. The rule is the same: self-interest is the most important ingredient to success in a good or bad country.
propaganda ?

The US is trillions in debt and we have to borrow just to pay the interest and yet we are handing billions, yes billions to other countries.
Really ? Egypt needs a billion every year to maintain an army and they don't even like us anymore. We have Afghanistan asking us to give them $2 billion or more each year..just because ?

Where is the "self interest" of the US in that ?

Old 05-18-2012, 04:43 PM

1,512 posts, read 1,823,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
propaganda ?

The US is trillions in debt and we have to borrow just to pay the interest and yet we are handing billions, yes billions to other countries.
Really ? Egypt needs a billion every year to maintain an army and they don't even like us anymore. We have Afghanistan asking us to give them $2 billion or more each year..just because ?

Where is the "self interest" of the US in that ?
Your self-interest is not the same as the US's interests.

The propaganda is the widespread notion that you and I, individuals, make a difference. That may have been true prior to universal suffrage, but now we must suffer the fate of all democracies: we must fall to the least worthy majority. As the nation falls, those who hold power will be more and more indebted to foreign countries and shadow players. Each of us can be fools who subscribe to the notion of self-sacrifice for others and the country, and those who do will be at the bottom.

Regardless of what you believe, however, you can't change the nature of democracies. The end is here.

Old 05-18-2012, 04:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Homogenizer View Post
Your self-interest is not the same as the US's interests.

The propaganda is the widespread notion that you and I, individuals, make a difference. That may have been true prior to universal suffrage, but now we must suffer the fate of all democracies: we must fall to the least worthy majority. As the nation falls, those who hold power will be more and more indebted to foreign countries and shadow players. Each of us can be fools who subscribe to the notion of self-sacrifice for others and the country, and those who do will be at the bottom.

Regardless of what you believe, however, you can't change the nature of democracies. The end is here.
Ok, now I understand what you meant. Yes, I agree.

Old 05-18-2012, 04:48 PM

8,091 posts, read 5,913,366 times
most on CD seem to think so....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies