Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-20-2009, 09:37 AM

14,810 posts, read 16,220,336 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
Exactly. This is pure propoganda. I don't believe for a minute that someone who gets online from his laptop, apparently nearly right up to the very end, while sitting in a chair from which he cannot move, does not have the means to continue to reach out for help.

So the wife tried for WEEKS to get help? What about the MONTHS he had been home and in the chair? Can you imagine how fast this man would have received help if the wife had called the local news channel to complain that EMT-Paramedics had dumped him in his chair to die? Local press would have been all over that one.

But no, the only press is on the week of a cloture vote for Obamacare and after the man has died. It sounds as though the man and his wife had and have, respectively, very poor decision making skills.

There is almost always more to every story reported by the lame-street-press then reaches the public eyes/ears. That some folks drink up every word as reported as gospel leads me to say: have another glass of Kool-Aid!

P.S. The cloture vote to enslave you to pay for every other person's healthcare, whether they our in the country legally or not is tomorrow night. Have you called your Senators?
http://www.senate.gov/general/contact_information/senators_cfm.cfm

Time is short people! Don't fall for this "he died because he was uninsured" propganda! How many times is that cited as a cause of death on the death certificate anyway? Show me!
Excellent post, MOgal, and spot on the mark.

And yes, I have called my senator several times. Also emailed and written him snail mail. A word of encouragement to everyone to do the same.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2009, 09:39 AM

6,757 posts, read 8,294,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
Obey? Seriously did you just say that

My mother was as christian as they come and she never felt she had to Obey anyone
He was a preacher, and the things the woman is quoted as saying in the article lead me to believe that they were fundamentalist Christians. In the Bible Belt, they are common, and they believe that a woman should be submissive to her husband; to obey. I was raised in one of these churches, and remember the teachings well. However, the doctrine of blind obedience was one reason I left.

There are many varieties of Christians, Jadex, and I am sure your mom is a good one. However, she is not representative of every Christian woman out there.

Old 11-20-2009, 09:42 AM

7,006 posts, read 7,001,110 times
Quote:
Obese man dies after 8 months in home recliner. Cites lack of health insurance as reason for not getting up.
So let me get this straight: a fat man dies due to his own morbid obesity and then cites lack of health insurance for the reason he couldn't get out of the recliner?

Old 11-20-2009, 09:46 AM

20,300 posts, read 22,240,736 times
The man ate himself to death. That is the bottom line. So who kept feeding him those thousands of calories a day? Who facilitated and supported his habit?
The only ones to blame are the man himself and his supporting family.
Not society.
Not the insurance companies.

Old 11-20-2009, 01:07 PM

8,231 posts, read 17,331,044 times
Slow murder-suicide.
How did he get so big in the first place?
Who bought and prepared his food?
I call it freedom of choice. He wanted to eat himself to death and he found someone who would help him do so. More power to him.

Old 11-20-2009, 01:10 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,570,733 times
But many on the left will cry that it wasn't his fault or his family's fault..it was "them". "They" did this to him because insurance cost too much.

Just who is "they" ? And how can his death be attributed to lack of insurance ?
Having an insurance policy guarantees you will never die ?

Old 11-20-2009, 01:15 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,971,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
.......Having an insurance policy guarantees you will never die ?

I bet Harry Reid didn't put that into the Obamacare bill.

Old 11-20-2009, 01:16 PM

14,485 posts, read 11,300,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
And it wasn't even the wife that finally dialed 911. It was the guy's mother.
There's more to this story than we are being told by this article.
Woman Takes Two-Year Toilet Break - ABC News

Old 11-20-2009, 01:18 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,570,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua View Post
Well at least that person picked the right seat to get stuck in.

Old 11-20-2009, 01:21 PM

10,757 posts, read 35,458,477 times
It sounds like there was a little mental illness involved here both in the denial of the wife and the husband to allow himself to get that bad.
There is help out there for people who have no insurance if nothing more then going to the hospital and not paying. Thats better then dying.

I do believe people can be addicted to food just as some people are addicted to drugs.

Depression no doubt played a huge part for both of them.

Sad story.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies