Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2009, 03:32 PM

1,700 posts, read 3,438,829 times

Advertisements

I don't know I kind of feel it's natural selection on this one. When your brain doesn't tell you to stop shoving food in your face AFTER you figure out you can't wipe your own behind you are not long for this world.

And the idea that this is a tragedy is insane. We really have lost sight of what real tragedies are. 14 dead because of some lunatic, tragedy. 5 y/o's with Leukemia, freaking tragedy. Someone too fat to get up to go to the bathroom, not a tragedy. Unless you're the Barcalounger. Then it's a horrible tragedy.

Personal responsibility is dead in this country. If you are fat it is your own fault. Not the Gov't, not the food manufacturers not the television. Nobody is cramming double grease burgers down your throat. This whole "it's HC's fault because it wasn't free is farcical. The fact that people can't admit fault and stand up for themselves is a tragedy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2009, 03:38 PM

689 posts, read 746,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc99 View Post
I don't know I kind of feel it's natural selection on this one. When your brain doesn't tell you to stop shoving food in your face AFTER you figure out you can't wipe your own behind you are not long for this world.

And the idea that this is a tragedy is insane. We really have lost sight of what real tragedies are. 14 dead because of some lunatic, tragedy. 5 y/o's with Leukemia, freaking tragedy. Someone too fat to get up to go to the bathroom, not a tragedy. Unless you're the Barcalounger. Then it's a horrible tragedy.

Personal responsibility is dead in this country. If you are fat it is your own fault. Not the Gov't, not the food manufacturers not the television. Nobody is cramming double grease burgers down your throat. This whole "it's HC's fault because it wasn't free is farcical. The fact that people can't admit fault and stand up for themselves is a tragedy.
No way dude...this guys is a victim. There was nothing he could do except give up and die. His wife couldn't do anything either. She had to just sit there, bring him food every 10-15 minutes or so and let him die. Victim's I tell you! Victims!

Old 11-21-2009, 03:43 PM

13,053 posts, read 13,016,732 times
more propaganda BS to push a HC bill that is nothing short of oppressive dictation.

I watched a story of a similar circumstance where a man was also of extreme weight. They asked his wife why she didn't bring him food that would help in him losing weight. She said that she tried but he would cry and whine that she was staving him. If this case is similar, write it up as suicide. Everyone has a choice, those choices are not always ideal or "comfortable", but the choice still exists.

Old 11-21-2009, 03:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDTD2.0 View Post
No way dude...this guys is a victim. There was nothing he could do except give up and die. His wife couldn't do anything either. She had to just sit there, bring him food every 10-15 minutes or so and let him die. Victim's I tell you! Victims!
You know what, I see your point. How could she possibly have called 911 with all the cooking she had to do. Walking from one end of the trailer to the other, she must have been beat.

Oh it also says that he was a busdriver until........wait for it.......HE BECAME TOO FAT TO DO IT ANYMORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Let me get this straight. Your former occupation consisted of you spending hours ON YOUR BUTT. You were then forced to retire because YOUR BUTT GOT TOO BIG!. But it's someone elses fault. I have to go my heads about to explode.

Old 11-21-2009, 03:47 PM

689 posts, read 746,154 times
Quote:
You know what, I see your point. How could she possibly have called 911 with all the cooking she had to do. Walking from one end of the trailer to the other, she must have been beat.

Oh it also says that he was a busdriver until........wait for it.......HE BECAME TOO FAT TO DO IT ANYMORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Let me get this straight. Your former occupation consisted of you spending hours ON YOUR BUTT. You were then forced to retire because YOUR BUTT GOT TOO BIG!. But it's someone elses fault. I have to go my heads about to explode.
See...now you're thinking. Victim! He was FORCED to retire....FORCED!!!!! They should have put one of those pop-out thingy's like on a motorhome and let him keep his job.

Old 11-21-2009, 04:15 PM

47,525 posts, read 70,089,659 times
Quote:

I would pretty much bet money that this guy was a victim of the food stamp program. Too much government handouts.

I'm so sure these people existed off food stamps and overly generous programs that I would put the blame for this "tragedy" on the government which can't figure out that people too dense to work for a living should not be simply handed a means to buy all the junk food and crap they want to pig out on.

The guy is a victim of government. A government that stuffs the faces of those too lazy to get out of their recliners and work for a living. A government that will rob the hard working taxpayers and force us into lean times, but overfeeding it's dependents.

Now there are those who figure that it wasn't enough for the taxpayers to pay this guy's living expenses, provide him shelter and unlimited quantities of food, but because it did, the taxpayers should be hit up even more and provide him all the doctors he would have liked to have treat him for his obesity.

Old 11-21-2009, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
I would pretty much bet money that this guy was a victim of the food stamp program. Too much government handouts.

I'm so sure these people existed off food stamps and overly generous programs that I would put the blame for this "tragedy" on the government which can't figure out that people too dense to work for a living should not be simply handed a means to buy all the junk food and crap they want to pig out on.

The guy is a victim of government. A government that stuffs the faces of those too lazy to get out of their recliners and work for a living. A government that will rob the hard working taxpayers and force us into lean times, but overfeeding it's dependents.

Now there are those who figure that it wasn't enough for the taxpayers to pay this guy's living expenses, provide him shelter and unlimited quantities of food, but because it did, the taxpayers should be hit up even more and provide him all the doctors he would have liked to have treat him for his obesity.
Now while I fundamentally agree with you, I don't feel this was the case.

The guy had a job, until his "disability" forced him out. Which means he was well on his way to triglyceride heaven before any Gov't "intervention".

He went to the HOSPITAL FOR A KNEE INJURY. Why didn't he wheel his F/A back there? And I could only imagine how he hurts his knee, I'm sure it was training for the triathalon, and not the 550 lbs it had to support.

As much as I like to take the Gov't to task this one isn't on them. This is all on him. Period. Oh and maybe some blame can go to his enablers and bleeding hearts out there. The ones who issue the handicapped passes to the morbidly obese.

Old 11-21-2009, 06:29 PM

5,979 posts, read 19,980,105 times
I call this assisted suicide, slow and tortuous.

Old 11-25-2009, 08:23 AM

1,863 posts, read 4,318,854 times
The La-Z-Boy comment was in bad taste, but funny. Darn I'm going to hell.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies