Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-24-2009, 09:35 AM

9,726 posts, read 16,760,997 times

Advertisements

I don't own or carry one, and never have. I certainly don't have a problem with responsible people carrying a firearm in public. But I've just never had the desire to own one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2009, 09:44 AM

2,574 posts, read 2,492,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
No. In fact, there should be no CCL requirement at all. People should be able to carry any type of weapon they want, anywhere they want, any time they want, just like in Alaska.

No age requirements, and no "gun free zones" either.

Your libertarian spirit is fascinating,but...we have to appeal & be accepted by huge non & anti gun crowds ,so we have to be realistic...

IMO,there should be classes for CCL,
e.g
Class C,for hanguns of .22 cal.
Class B ,up to .38.
Class A ,up to .45,
A holder should be required to stay at least 1 year violation-free in each class,so as to proceed to the higher one.

U should stay 2 years violation & incident free in Class A to enter "gun -free " zones...

Old 11-24-2009, 12:22 PM

300 posts, read 430,411 times
I'm a woman - and I carry a hand gun. I carry in the open and I carry concealed. My weapons include a .32 cal "mini" and a .9mm Glock.

If anyone choses to "mess" with me, they will be very sorry they even thought about it.

Old 11-24-2009, 01:00 PM

2,422 posts, read 2,283,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theolsarge View Post
How about the concept where a bunch of egotistical, gun toting, conceal carry mongers are having a nice friendly drink in a bar when somebody insults somebody else's wife, girl friend, mother, whoever? I'm wait'n for that to happen somewhere.

If I'm in a bar with even one person carrying, I'm gone! Want nothing to do with an inflated ego.
In Pa, you are not permited to carry in a bar, unless you're a cop.Alchohol and guns don't mix.

Old 11-24-2009, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
I don't...and I don't see a need for one.
I see Kung Fuey Louie is here again!

Old 11-24-2009, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasReb View Post
LOL Hell, Greatday, I am finished with arguing with him. Maybe others will have better luck!
That's all he does is argue, Check the concealed handgun thread in great debates.

Old 11-24-2009, 01:24 PM

And yes I do carry a Ruger .380 LPC. If you live where I live, you would carry also!

Old 11-24-2009, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aveojohn View Post
In Pa, you are not permited to carry in a bar, unless you're a cop.Alchohol and guns don't mix.
As of this past September, in Arizona, you can carry open or concealed in any establishment that serves alcohol unless expressly prohibited by the establishment and the prohibition must be clearly posted.

Old 11-24-2009, 02:15 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,245,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by harrymiafl View Post
Your libertarian spirit is fascinating,but...we have to appeal & be accepted by huge non & anti gun crowds ,so we have to be realistic...

IMO,there should be classes for CCL,
e.g
Class C,for hanguns of .22 cal.
Class B ,up to .38.
Class A ,up to .45,
A holder should be required to stay at least 1 year violation-free in each class,so as to proceed to the higher one.

U should stay 2 years violation & incident free in Class A to enter "gun -free " zones...
I don't see the point of different classifications. The .22 is a favorite for assasins.
Dead is dead regardless of what caliber was used.
In short if its about safety its pretty much all the same. A loaded gun in the hands of an idiot is dangerous regardless of caliber. Classes won't change this fact. Take a drivers license for example.
What we need to do is not infringe upon individual freedoms. Punish those who violate those freedoms or misuse them. Not the law abiding citizen.

Old 11-24-2009, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
I don't see the point of different classifications. The .22 is a favorite for assasins.
Dead is dead regardless of what caliber was used.
I completely agree. The caliber is meaningless. It is the way the firearm is handled and the knowledge of the shooter that is important.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies