Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2009, 08:33 PM

10,719 posts, read 20,294,643 times

Advertisements

I think he needs to be executed quickly and swiftly. Make no mistake; just because I don't feel that all Muslims should be stereotyped and discriminated against, don't think I think what this sicko did was okay. He needs to be put to death to send a message that this won't be tolerated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2009, 08:35 PM

1,814 posts, read 2,497,272 times
Sgt. Munley is a true hero, God Bless her for her efforts that saved countless other lives and God Bless all of our heroic men and women serving our increasingly insane country.

Hasan is guily of Premeditated Murder under Article 118 of the Uniform Code of Military Justice and should be prosecuted with the maximum penalty of death.

USAF Veteran 89-03

Old 11-06-2009, 08:40 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,146,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by azriverfan. View Post
I think he needs to be executed quickly and swiftly. Make no mistake; just because I don't feel that all Muslims should be stereotyped and discriminated against, don't think I think what this sicko did was okay. He needs to be put to death to send a message that this won't be tolerated.
I don't think a "message" is necessary....most people know mass murder is wrong.

Old 11-06-2009, 08:42 PM

1,814 posts, read 2,497,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
I don't think a "message" is necessary....most people know mass murder is wrong.
Then why does it keep happening over and over again, and seems to be ramping up exponentially?

Old 11-06-2009, 08:43 PM

10,719 posts, read 20,294,643 times
Quote:
But they don't always know they will be put to death. Our prison system is far more lenient than most countries. Life in prison still means they get hot meals, clothing, shelter, visits. They don't deserve that. Anyone who dares try something similar must know the American military will not hesitate and a death sentence is guaranteed.

Old 11-06-2009, 08:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marksman84 View Post
Then why does it keep happening over and over again, and seems to be ramping up exponentially?
?? For the same reason anything happens....(although I don't quite understand your question) People have always done , and will do , things they know are wrong.

Old 11-06-2009, 08:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by azriverfan. View Post
But they don't always know they will be put to death. Our prison system is far more lenient than most countries. Life in prison still means they get hot meals, clothing, shelter, visits. They don't deserve that. Anyone who dares try something similar must know the American military will not hesitate and a death sentence is guaranteed.
OK, we're OFF TOPIC discussing the shooter...but OBVIOUSLY this guy didn't care if he died or not....actually it looked pretty much like suicide.

Old 11-06-2009, 08:54 PM
LML

7,100 posts, read 9,109,923 times
Quote:
Here's another FEMALE hero:

Wis. soldier praised after Fort Hood shooting

The Associated Press

Published: Friday, November 6, 2009 at 9:54 a.m.
Last Modified: Friday, November 6, 2009 at 12:16 p.m.
RANDOM LAKE, Wis. - A military spokesman has praised the heroics of a Wisconsin soldier who helped other soldiers injured in the Fort Hood shooting before tending to her own wounds.

.art_main_pic { width:250px; float:left; clear:left; }
Click to enlarge
Amber Bahr's military photo provided courtesy of the family. Bahr, a native of Random Lake, Wisc.
Buy photo
AP

Related Links:
Lt. Gen. Bob Cone told NBC's "Today" show Friday that 19-year-old Amber Bahr of Random Lake helped apply a tourniquet to an injured soldier. He says Bahr then attended to other soldiers before realizing she'd been shot.

Last night, on another thread, I told you about the young 19 year old girl that I had just received word had been shot in the stomach and asked you to pray for her. Well, it turns out that Amber had actually been shot in the back and that the original report received had been incorrect in stating that her wound was in the stomach. This is the young girl from soldier I was talking about. Her mom should be there by now. She was planning to leave today to be with her daughter.

Unfortunately, we learned today that 3 others from our area were not as "fortunate" as Amber since they died. And another 3 that we have been told of are wounded. Pray for all of our troops. This is having a terrible impact on the troops.

Old 11-06-2009, 08:59 PM

7,928 posts, read 9,150,257 times
No he meant to die for religious jihad. That was the whole purpose of it. If he just wanted to get out of going overseas he could have shot himself and gotten out on a disability. He wanted to get the virgins and other religious rewards he supposedly is promised by the Koran.

So either keep him alive in his paralyzed and trached state, or execute him in a way that he violates Islamic law to prevent him from getting to "heaven". Maybe it puts a damper on other jihadists if see he won't get his heavenly rewards?

Last edited by CaseyB; 11-07-2009 at 06:54 AM.. Reason: vulgar

Old 11-06-2009, 09:17 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,838,702 times
I would bet you have never been in war or even a victim of anything. This isn't ;never has been or likely to be a peaceful and good world. On the subject ;she certainly is a american hero.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies