Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-17-2009, 01:50 AM

2,170 posts, read 2,866,322 times

Advertisements

Essential reading, and one hope curative for those afflicted with jihad denial syndrome.

Gloria Center: Why I Murdered 13 American Soldiers at Fort Hood: Nidal Hassan Explains It All to You [Article]

Quote:
Hassan is the first terrorist in history to give an academic lecture explaining why he was about to attack. Yet that still isn’t enough for too many people—including the president of the United States--to understand that the murderous assault at Fort Hood was a Jihad attack.

It was reported that the audience was shocked and frightened by his lecture. He was supposed to speak on some medical topic yet instead talked on the topic: “The Koranic World View as it Relates to Muslims in the U.S. Military.” All you have to do is look at the 50 Power Point slides and they tell you everything you need to know.

It is quite a good talk. He’s logical and presents his evidence. This is clearly not the work of a mad man or a fool, though there’s still a note of ambiguity in it. He's still working out what to do in his own mind and is trying to figure out if he has a way out other than in effect deserting the U.S. army and becoming a Jihad warrior. Ultimately, he concluded that he could not be a proper Muslim without killing American soldiers. Obviously, other Muslims could reach different conclusions but Hassan strongly grounds himself in Islamic texts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2009, 02:10 AM

403 posts, read 535,829 times
welp...time to pack up my sh*t & move to canada

Old 11-17-2009, 02:20 AM

3,223 posts, read 9,645,429 times
I agree that this is exactly what the Koran says as per my reading and understanding of the text and views from people who follow it to the teeth.... but at the same time, I don't think this should be used to create fear in America of domestic terror... we have enough of that since 911, which is still paralyzing the country with all this bogus security hatred and war..

Old 11-17-2009, 10:50 AM

14,848 posts, read 8,233,608 times
People in this country are in such denial, its a shame. I don't know if its the people coming to these conclusions that muslims don't want to hurt us, and only crazy muslims actually do these things. Or if its the media constantly telling people those same things, on some agenda to keep the flow of immigrants coming in. I don't know.

The point is, people need to use some common sense and realize that people are more different than the media and other people want you to believe. Our policy cannot be to send muslims into muslim war zones. Just as much as we can't be sending Chinese to kill Chinese or Mexicans to kill Mexicans. People need to think and stop trying to be so politically correct.

The sooner people realize that people are not the same nor will they ever be the same, the sooner we can have policies that can prevent these things from happening in the future.

Old 11-17-2009, 10:52 AM

2,352 posts, read 2,285,503 times
Obviously this is all Obama's fault..

Sigh...

Old 11-17-2009, 10:52 AM

153 posts, read 238,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshadowz View Post
People in this country are in such denial, its a shame. I don't know if its the people coming to these conclusions that muslims don't want to hurt us, and only crazy muslims actually do these things. Or if its the media constantly telling people those same things, on some agenda to keep the flow of immigrants coming in. I don't know.

The point is, people need to use some common sense and realize that people are more different than the media and other people want you to believe. Our policy cannot be to send muslims into muslim war zones. Just as much as we can't be sending Chinese to kill Chinese or Mexicans to kill Mexicans. People need to think and stop trying to be so politically correct.

The sooner people realize that people are not the same nor will they ever be the same, the sooner we can have policies that can prevent these things from happening in the future.

That's the smartest thing I've read on this Board in a long time. If only the politicians felt as you do.

Old 11-17-2009, 11:17 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,976,369 times
All the Army had to do was do was what he asked and let him go, heck at least get him help if deemed needed and it sure looks like it was. Let me ask one simple question; Some say he fits the bill of being a terrorirst, almost always based on one thing, his being a Muslim, others say he is an American, and a Major in the Army, that just cracked and commited insane criminal acts. The question is what difference will it make, will you feel safer, will you feel vindicated somehow if your label is applied in the end, will it undue the deaths and suffereing his acts caused? The answer to the first two should be no, that is if you are dealing with a full deck, and the answer to the last is obvious. All this really does not come as a big surprise, since a certain element in our nation want to deamonize all Muslims to the point where discussions on whether or not Mulsims should not be allowed to come to this country and better yet remove those that do live here now, no matter how long they have been here, all based on religion are held on open forums such as this. Those same people talk about rebeling to defend the Constitution yet are willing to ignore it when it serves their own POV or agenda, sounds just like 1930's Germany. Just think what our country would be under the control of such people, no free speech, no free press, book burnings, persecution based on ones religous and political beliefs, minorities (non Aryans) will be treated as second class citizens, if allowed to stay at all, gays would be re-educated or "removed", women would be back in the kitchen with little say, ...... get the picture now. I am still waiting for the it is all Obama's fault whining, they sure whinned when he made his first comments on the event and then whinned some more when he went down to pay his respects. It is all about power, so who do you want running the show in this nation, those we elected under the rules we play by or under those that would sooner or later come for you for doing what all Americans take for granted, speaking your mined.
And for those that want to say I am defending the murderer, don't bother, you know where you can file that piece of rightwing BS propaganda.
Casper

Old 11-17-2009, 11:33 AM

19,226 posts, read 15,350,238 times
What is this shyt?

"A digression is appropriate here. Hassan, although a Palestinian, has never been quoted as attacking Israel or the Jews. This is one more reminder that this struggle isn’t all just about Israel. But it also tells something important about Hassan which also applies to many Muslim radicals in Europe. Hassan is an American. As such he has no other nationality, neither Palestinian nor Arab. He doesn’t support Hamas or Fatah. But he has a religion that directs his thinking. That’s why he is an Islamist and why he supports a generalized Islamist revolutionary movement, al-Qaida."

http://www.gloria-center.org/Gloria/2009/11/why-i-murdered.html (broken link)

Judging by the looks of his apartment, it doesn't appear that he prayed 5 times a day.

That guy is as secular as Levi Johnston.

Who is the jihadist now?

Old 11-17-2009, 12:59 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,482,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshadowz View Post

The only problem with that is we can't have a war for some of the population and not the others.

In which case we need to quarantine those who are against us or return them to their nation of origin.

Old 11-17-2009, 06:17 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,218,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZGACK View Post
Essential reading, and one hope curative for those afflicted with jihad denial syndrome.

Gloria Center: Why I Murdered 13 American Soldiers at Fort Hood: Nidal Hassan Explains It All to You [Article]
and when did the president of the united states hear or read or learn of this lecture?

I didnt see it in the article.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies