Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-18-2009, 08:37 PM

6,022 posts, read 7,835,656 times

Advertisements

Shortly after last week's Ft. Hood shooting massacre, Sgt. Kimberly Munley of the Killeen, TX, police department was widely credited as the heroic cop who brought Maj. Nidal Malik Hasan's rampage to an end by shooting him four times while being wounded by gunfire herself. A Ft. Hood official told the media that the diminutive Munley, who was shot in both legs and one of her wrists, fired on Hasan twice, which then drew his attention to her, and then fired again while she was on the ground. But now it appears as though that account was inaccurate and that another Killeen police officer, Sgt. Mark Todd, was actually the person who fired the shots that brought down Hasan

Ft. Hood ‘hero’ story changes - Yahoo! News (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ynews/20091113/ts_ynews/ynews_ts980;_ylt=AvOnbdZjFWuQjc4AI9gmSCESq594;_ylu =X3oDMTE5ZXEycnRkBHBvcwM5BHNlYwN5bl9jb2x1bW5pc3Rfc gRzbGsDZnRob29kODIxNmhl - broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2009, 09:52 PM

3,127 posts, read 7,634,610 times
Let me guess....they said Munley was the hero, because a black man couldn't possibly be one of those.

Someone call the NAACP, ACLU, Sharpton, Jackson! I smell RACISM!!!

Old 11-18-2009, 10:10 PM

2,476 posts, read 2,606,008 times
Oh boy..here we go!

Old 11-18-2009, 10:11 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,678,186 times
She was a hero. Just not the only hero.

Old 11-18-2009, 10:33 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,412,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by city414 View Post
Shortly after last week's Ft. Hood shooting massacre, Sgt. Kimberly Munley of the Killeen, TX, police department was widely credited as the heroic cop who brought Maj. Nidal Malik Hasan's rampage to an end by shooting him four times while being wounded by gunfire herself. A Ft. Hood official told the media that the diminutive Munley, who was shot in both legs and one of her wrists, fired on Hasan twice, which then drew his attention to her, and then fired again while she was on the ground. But now it appears as though that account was inaccurate and that another Killeen police officer, Sgt. Mark Todd, was actually the person who fired the shots that brought down Hasan

Ft. Hood ‘hero’ story changes - Yahoo! News (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ynews/20091113/ts_ynews/ynews_ts980;_ylt=AvOnbdZjFWuQjc4AI9gmSCESq594;_ylu =X3oDMTE5ZXEycnRkBHBvcwM5BHNlYwN5bl9jb2x1bW5pc3Rfc gRzbGsDZnRob29kODIxNmhl - broken link)
I saw the interview with Officer Todd last week. He said in the interview that he was the one who shot Hasan. However, the story he told seemed to make me think that if Kimberly Munley hadn't have gone around in the other direction, and drew his fire, then Officer Todd wouldn't have been able to get the stopping shots off.

They are both heroes, and I haven't heard anyone deny that fact.

Old 11-19-2009, 08:15 AM

6,022 posts, read 7,835,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXTwizter View Post
Let me guess....they said Munley was the hero, because a black man couldn't possibly be one of those.

Someone call the NAACP, ACLU, Sharpton, Jackson! I smell RACISM!!!
Sounds like your implying that lol.. Bottom line she didnt disarm him the story was false..

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerrymac View Post
Oh boy..here we go!
i knew certain people would stray from the topic, ill be sure to put those on front street in future similar threads in which those of who im talking about post
Quote:
I saw the interview with Officer Todd last week. He said in the interview that he was the one who shot Hasan. However, the story he told seemed to make me think that if Kimberly Munley hadn't have gone around in the other direction, and drew his fire, then Officer Todd wouldn't have been able to get the stopping shots off.

They are both heroes, and I haven't heard anyone deny that fact.
i agree with the last sentence but she'd probably be dead if it wasn't for him, still the media is celebrating her over him

Old 11-19-2009, 08:19 AM

6,902 posts, read 7,544,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by city414 View Post
Sounds like your implying that lol.. Bottom line she didnt disarm him the story was false..

I wouldn't say the story was false. In the very beginning there was a LOT of confusion and the media, of course as usual jumped to be the first to report a story, once the story was out there that was it. First it was reported that the shooter was dead, then that was cleared up. It was a honest mistake of which I hope that the gentleman gets the recognition he deserves.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies