Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Allow Muslims in US Army?
Yes 117 58.79%
No 72 36.18%
Unsure 10 5.03%
Voters: 199. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2009, 04:45 PM

2,637 posts, read 4,465,347 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtur88 View Post
I have been taught to walk away from fights. That comes naturally to me. It's a policy that has served me well.
I respect that and wish you well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2009, 04:52 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,065,499 times
Can Kareem Rashad be excluded retroactively and restored back to life? If so, then I am all for the proposition.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_7IYuhDrc6l...ultan+Khan.jpg

Frankly this thread is an obscenity and unfortunately, the TOS won't allow me to say what I think of the threads author.

Old 11-06-2009, 04:55 PM

We all are free to have our opinions, but good conduct helps the debate, more than name calling.

Old 11-06-2009, 04:55 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,399,838 times
Crazy people will be crazy regardless of their religion, and some will kill people. There are to many good Muslims in the military to kick them out because of the actions of one nut job.

Old 11-06-2009, 05:07 PM

Quick question--are all people of any religion, the same?

Old 11-06-2009, 05:50 PM

5,232 posts, read 8,419,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thaskateguy View Post
Quick question--are all people of any religion, the same?

I think so. People are people.
Moses led the Jews into battles that make the current Islamic things look like childs play. Christians killed those who believed differently from them, then killed those that believed in Jesus but prayed wrong, then persecuted & tortured people for being witches. They came to the New World & offered the native people eternal life with Jesus or death. It just happens that we are alive now & living thru the time when many Islamic folks want to persecute all those who believe differently.

Realistically I think the average Muslim has more in common with the average Jew or Christian than they do with Islamic radicalism, just as I have little in common with IRA terrorists even though we are both Catholic.

Delving a bit into the theology of the three religions there are more paralells than differences, the differences in most cases are minute & if not for radical whacko's could be easilly ignored.
The Bible, in the old testament teaches that we should stone homosexuals & adulterers, if a woman disrespects her man she should be put to death.
It teaches an eye for an eye ect. It teaches of God ordering the systematic killing of entire population centers.

But at the same time it teaches us to treat others as we would have them treat us, it teaches tolerance and forgiveness. It has pretty much anything a person might be searching for & can certainly be used as justification for atrocity. We are beyond that, for the most part, but it was not so very long ago that missing Sunday service would see you punished severly and getting caught actually doing something against the church would see you ostracized at the least & dead at the worst.

IMO the only thing that should probably be changed is that aparently most people on base were unarmed. Thats inviting this sort of thing and now that the rabbits out of the hat I wouldn't be surprised to see a few more before folks realize that big groups of unarmed people are easy targets.

Old 11-06-2009, 06:12 PM

1,340 posts, read 2,805,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by **NoodLes** View Post
What do you all think, I say NO!
Since the US will be in the middle-east till the last drop of oil is gone and few of us speak or study Arabic etc, would seem to be no choice.

Oil trumps all and everybody.

Old 11-06-2009, 08:27 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,886,289 times
Bsically this is the frist incident ;Rememeber the soldier who threw the granade into the tents of his conrades found to be a convert.

Old 11-06-2009, 08:41 PM

1 posts, read 930 times
hmm im currently serving in the marines and I happen to have not one not two but three muslim battle buddies in my squad who have watched my back for three deployments. I trust them with my life and would with out question choose them to have my back in a fire fight than any of these idiots spewing nonsense. oh and the jack a** who said that christianity should be a nessesity to join the military you must have forgoten about the crusades, salem witch trials, spanish iquistary, and the utter destruction of countless cultures and civilizations. Im not religious but i fight every day to ensure that people like you can come on here and spew nonsences cause i belive in ALL the american freedoms including the freedom of religion and the freedom of speech. So some time between your hateful rantings take time to thank the Thousands of muslim military members out fighting to keep your sorry butt safe.

Old 11-06-2009, 08:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by acook4279 View Post
hmm im currently serving in the marines and I happen to have not one not two but three muslim battle buddies in my squad who have watched my back for three deployments. I trust them with my life and would with out question choose them to have my back in a fire fight than any of these idiots spewing nonsense. oh and the jack a** who said that christianity should be a nessesity to join the military you must have forgoten about the crusades, salem witch trials, spanish iquistary, and the utter destruction of countless cultures and civilizations. Im not religious but i fight every day to ensure that people like you can come on here and spew nonsences cause i belive in ALL the american freedoms including the freedom of religion and the freedom of speech. So some time between your hateful rantings take time to thank the Thousands of muslim military members out fighting to keep your sorry butt safe.
thanks for the first hand info. good enough for me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies