Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-12-2009, 12:18 PM

1,814 posts, read 2,499,526 times

Advertisements

I truly believe that "Reverend" Al suffers from racism and a bevy of other mental problems. Is he that bored to give a rat's patooie about Rush Limbaugh buying the NFL equivalent of "Cash for Clunkers?"

Tell you what, Sharpton - trust me on this - the St. Louis Rams do gainfully employ an African-American or two.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2009, 12:22 PM

3,382 posts, read 4,083,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marksman84 View Post
I truly believe that "Reverend" Al suffers from racism and a bevy of other mental problems. Is he that bored to give a rat's patooie about Rush Limbaugh buying the NFL equivalent of "Cash for Clunkers?"

Tell you what, Sharpton - trust me on this - the St. Louis Rams do gainfully employ an African-American or two.
Al Sharpton doesn't suffer from racism, he helps promote it. If it wasn't for this promotion of racism He wouldn't of made the life and name sake he has.

Old 10-12-2009, 12:27 PM

12,200 posts, read 18,385,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post

Where was Sharpton when Kanye West was such an A$$ hole...Sharpton was there to ask for Imus to be fired...something seems so partisan about all that.
Why are you still talking about Kanye West?? Kanye West is a grown man...what did you expect Al Sharpton to do? Go on national television and say "I think what Kanye West did was wrong and he's an *******"...what would have been the point of that?

The whole Kanye West thing is hilarious to me...we have celebs who have beat their spouses, been high out of their minds, driven drunk on the wrong side of the road, stealing, sold drugs, committed vehicular manslaughter, burnt down houses, been involved in shootouts, caught carrying guns, slept with underage girls, etc...and the world was fine and dandy but Kanye West snatches the mic away from a teenage girl on MTV and he's now the worst person in the world.

Moral of the story: it's okay to break the law as long as you're polite

Old 10-12-2009, 12:46 PM

689 posts, read 743,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalayjones View Post
Why are you still talking about Kanye West?? Kanye West is a grown man...what did you expect Al Sharpton to do? Go on national television and say "I think what Kanye West did was wrong and he's an *******"...what would have been the point of that?

The whole Kanye West thing is hilarious to me...we have celebs who have beat their spouses, been high out of their minds, driven drunk on the wrong side of the road, stealing, sold drugs, committed vehicular manslaughter, burnt down houses, been involved in shootouts, caught carrying guns, slept with underage girls, etc...and the world was fine and dandy but Kanye West snatches the mic away from a teenage girl on MTV and he's now the worst person in the world.

I agree with you, but he does have a point. Sharpton would be all over that if a white dude took the mic from Beyonce and said what he said (in reverse of course). I believe he would REALLY be all over it if it was a country singer in that scenario. Also (in agreeing with you), Kanye West is going to pay for what he did financially far worse than the people who actually committed crimes. People should just get over it.

Old 10-12-2009, 01:19 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,670,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
I'd watch.
I'd want to be the host of that show.........

Old 10-12-2009, 01:58 PM

27,215 posts, read 46,778,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalayjones View Post

Kanye West is a grown man...what did you expect Al Sharpton to do? Go on national television and say "I think what Kanye West did was wrong and he's an *******"...what would have been the point of that?

Obama did follow it and made a statement, although Obama didn't find the time to say something about the gang members who killed the honor student...maybe Sharpton can focus on issues in his own community....

Old 10-12-2009, 02:00 PM

3,382 posts, read 4,083,239 times
Quote:
Kanye West is a grown man...what did you expect Al Sharpton to do? Go on national television and say "I think what Kanye West did was wrong and he's an *******"...what would have been the point of that?

Obama did follow it and made a statement, although Obama didn't find the time to say something about the gang members who killed the honor student...maybe Sharpton can focus on issues in his own community....

Just one thing to point out bentle, it wasn't gang members that killed Derrion Albert.

Old 10-12-2009, 08:11 PM

12,200 posts, read 18,385,069 times
Quote:

Obama didn't make a statement...someone asked him a question and he answered it. Apparently no one except you cares what Al thinks of Kanye West therefore no one asked him.

Old 10-12-2009, 08:17 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,151,352 times
Quote:
In the letter, Sharpton tells Goodell, "Rush Limbaugh has been divisive and anti-NFL on several occasions with comments about NFL Players including Michael Vick and Donovan McNabb."
I think using that as the qualifier, 99% of americans are unqulaified. Like we didnt comment about either of these players..

Old 10-12-2009, 10:25 PM

1,417 posts, read 2,182,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunil's Dad View Post

There is no anti-white bandwagon. There is what's right and what's wrong.
Thank you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies