Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2009, 04:41 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,300,389 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zippy7fo View Post
That he got on the airwaves for a year and half telling people to not support John McCain and Barack Obama and how they were not worthy of leading the country. Of course common sense ruled the day and he lost

Now it was time to judge his candidacy and the players, Nfl, and vast majority of the country voiced their displeasure with his selection as owner of the rams....

and now he whines about it blaming Obama, Sharpton, Jackson and liberals for losing at his own game...when will conservatives live by the values they claim such as take ownership and responsiblity for your failures. Your ideology was rejected and the nfl does not want you....stop blaming everybody for your platform...
Well, somebody really screwed up this thread by combining it with another totally unrelated thread. It makes no sense anymore. There is no continuity. So, I have to get out of this one. Sorry.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2009, 06:07 PM

2,479 posts, read 3,234,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Well, somebody really screwed up this thread by combining it with another totally unrelated thread. It makes no sense anymore. There is no continuity. So, I have to get out of this one. Sorry.
Say What?
https://www.city-data.com/forum/polit...l#post11226363

Old 10-17-2009, 08:45 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,807,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
I just looked at the first link (NewsOne). That is a racist Website if I have ever seen one. Everything out of context. Many links back to it's own pages, and to Huffington Post (also a discredited source).

Look: There are many so-called "quotes" from Rush Limbaugh floating around the Web. Sites like NewsOne take things out of context, and even make things up.

Without the original source, it's all just hearsay. And I can tell you that in all the years I have listened to Rush (since 1990) I have never heard him make on racist statement (and I have for all those years listened almost every day, to the full three hours).

Democrats (leftists) make stuff up to suit their agenda. They destroy lives with their false accusations. That is all they know.

Huffington Post has been caught time and time again. The other site you linked to looks very suspect, and a Google of the author of that article shows nothing but links to very anti-Republican, racist, articles.

Perhaps if you want to prove your point, you should choose more credible source material.

Rush isn't a racist. But many of his critics are. If the shoe fits, wear it.
YouTube - TheYoungTurks's Channel

YouTube - Crazy Rush Limbaugh Quotes - Darfur is About The Black Vote

YouTube - Robert Greenwald Talks about Rush Limbaugh on The Ed Show

Old 10-17-2009, 08:49 PM

9,855 posts, read 10,411,310 times
I am surprised that Rush would even want to invest in a sports venture. Tickets to sports events are the last thing people will spend their money on in this economy.

Old 10-17-2009, 09:13 PM

3,100 posts, read 3,301,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pommysmommy View Post
I am surprised that Rush would even want to invest in a sports venture. Tickets to sports events are the last thing people will spend their money on in this economy.

Since when?

Old 10-17-2009, 09:15 PM

9,855 posts, read 10,411,310 times
Ticket sales to all sports events are down.

Old 10-17-2009, 10:25 PM

2,046 posts, read 1,574,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
He made a race based allegation (with absolutely nothing to support his race based claim) and was canned for it. He was the one who bought up race in the discussion about McNabb.
[the policeman acted stupidly]the president said,with nothing to support his race base claim. is the president a racist?

Old 02-24-2013, 04:28 PM

51 posts, read 32,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John1960 View Post
NY Daily News: I don't want anything to do with a team that he has any part of. He can do whatever he wants, it is a free country. But if it goes through, I can tell you where I am not going to play."

Breitbart.tv » ESPN: Will Black NFL Players Refuse to Play for Limbaugh?
It was great how the NFL stood up to him
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies