Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2009, 02:06 PM

19,198 posts, read 31,469,184 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Why would they not count? Rush said those things. Are you challenging that Rush said them or that those quotes are not racist.
No, no...they don't count because if they counted, then it would mean that you were right. So clearly, they don't count. And neither will any more that you might come up with. It's a right-wing sort of thing...they do it all the time...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2009, 02:20 PM

5,376 posts, read 5,345,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Why would they not count?

Rush said those things. Are you challenging that Rush said them or that those quotes are not racist.

I thought when Rush told the African-American to, "take the bone out of your nose and call me back!”, he was being very condescending to African-Americans. Didn't you think so?

Oh, I get it! You were making a point about those who are in denial about Rush.

Wahla!!!! (or something like that)

Old 10-17-2009, 02:30 PM

5,525 posts, read 13,945,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaWoman View Post
You are so right ... I am not supporting Limbaugh I am supporting Limbaugh's freedom, I am supporting Smith, Jones, Thomas, Mary, Sam <insert any name here> ... Personal Freedom that is what is at stake here when we allow PC to take over our lives and freedom ... who in their right minds wants to allow someone to tell us ... oh you can't buy that ... you are the wrong color or wrong political party or wrong sex ... this is so wrong that our great country, America, is simply disintegrating before our eyes.
What about the freedom of the NFL owners choosing not to approve the purchase if it includes Limbaugh as an owner? The government didn't step in and forbid the purchase.

Old 10-17-2009, 03:51 PM

8,292 posts, read 26,668,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oakparkdude View Post
What about the freedom of the NFL owners choosing not to approve the purchase if it includes Limbaugh as an owner? The government didn't step in and forbid the purchase.
Honestly, I kind of wonder why they did that.

There's nothing like a little tumultuous scandal to get people's attention and sell tickets.

I'd think that having Limbaugh in the mix would be good for business.

Old 10-17-2009, 03:52 PM

17,531 posts, read 24,690,750 times
Limbaugh is perfect for the Rams, losers always seek him out

Old 10-17-2009, 03:55 PM

8,292 posts, read 26,668,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boompa View Post
Limbaugh is perfect for the Rams, losers always seek him out
That's too easy - and doesn't add anything.

Old 10-17-2009, 03:59 PM

3,100 posts, read 3,301,152 times
Hell, there are white players that wouldn't want to play for him.

Old 10-17-2009, 04:10 PM

559 posts, read 1,463,967 times
Of course the will I bet 90% of players in the NFL are playing to get paid, not because they love the game. And even if it wasn't about the team, I think it would be better to beat the team on their own turf then to just sit out the game.

Old 10-17-2009, 04:35 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,145,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kemcnyc View Post
Everything I wanted to say has already been covered in this thread.

At the end of the day, the whiny, lefty cry babies have struck another blow to personal freedom. A person should be entitled to do what they want (so long as legal and not harming anyone) regardless of their beliefs. PERIOD!
This post links to the best article on it IMO.

https://www.city-data.com/forum/11226877-post190.html
"To think this was about anything else is to play into Limbaugh's limited and manipulative view of the world. He draws a line down the middle, then points fingers at the other side. Predictably, on his radio program Wednesday, he tried to label the mess as 'about the ongoing effort by the left in this country Â… to destroy conservatism.' On Thursday he said, 'So Obama's America is quite possibly going to include the National Football League.'

"Are you kidding me? Have you ever been to an NFL owners meeting? It ain't exactly a Grateful Dead concert. These are some of the most conservative folks you'll ever meet. They are about business, capitalism, tax breaks, patriotism, and I would bet you they voted more red state than blue.

"But mostly what they are about is money - something Limbaugh should understand. He was only invited in because he has it. And he was kicked out because he might have cost it."
Quote:
Originally Posted by kemcnyc View Post
Interesting is the lack of support in his favor. I know there are Conservative owners and I know first hand a lot of fans are conservative (at least NYG fans). Amazingly quiet in terms of support of Limbaugh's personal freedom. Everyone is too scared to rock the PC boat.
Limbaugh got no support because this time, when he was genuinely upset -- as opposed to the faux-upsetment he employs to turn a buck on the radio -- he promptly showed his own true whiny, crybaby colors, and all but his blindest fans turned away from him in disgust and embarrassment. I suspect this revealing outburst lost him a tremendous amount of credibility.

Old 10-17-2009, 04:37 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,299,216 times
I just looked at the first link (NewsOne). That is a racist Website if I have ever seen one. Everything out of context. Many links back to it's own pages, and to Huffington Post (also a discredited source).

Look: There are many so-called "quotes" from Rush Limbaugh floating around the Web. Sites like NewsOne take things out of context, and even make things up.

Without the original source, it's all just hearsay. And I can tell you that in all the years I have listened to Rush (since 1990) I have never heard him make on racist statement (and I have for all those years listened almost every day, to the full three hours).

Democrats (leftists) make stuff up to suit their agenda. They destroy lives with their false accusations. That is all they know.

Huffington Post has been caught time and time again. The other site you linked to looks very suspect, and a Google of the author of that article shows nothing but links to very anti-Republican, racist, articles.

Perhaps if you want to prove your point, you should choose more credible source material.

Rush isn't a racist. But many of his critics are. If the shoe fits, wear it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies