Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2009, 04:28 PM

41,325 posts, read 45,008,891 times

Advertisements

no contest. Bush wins hands down. How can this be? The great post-partisan? The great uniter?

RealClearPolitics - Barack Obama, George W. Bush Job Approval Ratings

This is priceless.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2009, 06:33 PM

7,993 posts, read 12,882,586 times
Kind of shocking. I didn't like Bush......I certainly don't like Obama.....but to hear the mainstream media talk, you would think everyone loves Obama.

Old 08-25-2009, 06:50 PM

68,351 posts, read 54,507,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsupstate View Post
Kind of shocking. I didn't like Bush......I certainly don't like Obama.....but to hear the mainstream media talk, you would think everyone loves Obama.

Of course this conveniently ignores the fact Bush didn't inherit a pile of crap like Obama did.

And where is poll methodology and sample size/make-up described? Without that data it's meaningless.

Old 08-25-2009, 06:54 PM

1,902 posts, read 2,471,728 times
I don't get it, I thought people wanted change. Now they are not happy with it?

Old 08-25-2009, 06:55 PM

7,085 posts, read 12,069,989 times
You have to have sample sizes and testing methodology for each really, there are so many different polls and types you can select different ones at any time and get the same number. I like Obama more then Bush, and even though he seems more active and involved he still needs to prove himself in my book.

Old 08-25-2009, 07:01 PM

4,301 posts, read 7,041,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Of course this conveniently ignores the fact Bush didn't inherit a pile of crap like Obama did.
Actually he did. The economy was on a downward slide in the latter half of the year 2000. Not to mention baggage from a plethora of CIA and DIA operations related to terror cells in the Middle East in the 90s. Most of the 'crap' inherited by Bush was more or less behind the scenes. No telling what kind of classified material Obama has deal with, which most likely caused such sharp reversals on many of his positions in relation to international affairs.

Old 08-25-2009, 07:05 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,563,530 times
Unfortunately, Obama (and all other Presidents who will follow) will have to deal with a public who dealt with the sad/destructive legacy of GW Bush administration.

We (the American public) gave GWB the benefit of the doubt when he stumbled and fumbled his way through 9-11, Katrina, Iraq, etc.

Obama is doing a great job considering GWB brought this nation to its knees economically and spiritually. The hole that GWB dug for us is so deep it will be a blessing if Obama gets to straighten out just a fraction of the Bush mess.

Old 08-25-2009, 07:20 PM

19,890 posts, read 18,780,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
Unfortunately, Obama (and all other Presidents who will follow) will have to deal with a public who dealt with the sad/destructive legacy of GW Bush administration.

We (the American public) gave GWB the benefit of the doubt when he stumbled and fumbled his way through 9-11, Katrina, Iraq, etc.

Obama is doing a great job considering GWB brought this nation to its knees economically and spiritually. The hole that GWB dug for us is so deep it will be a blessing if Obama gets to straighten out just a fraction of the Bush mess.
This is a great example of the liberal fantasy land. Bush bad had $400 billion deficit. Obama good $1.5 trillion deficit. This is how you dig out of a hole? I suggest when you find yourself in a hole, stop digging.

I would love to meet the people who gave Bush the benefit of the doubt. The left was planning bombings, that is giving the benefit of the doubt?

Woman accused of threatening bomb-plot informant (http://www.statesman.com/news/content/news/stories/local/2009/08/24/0824kibby.html - broken link)

Old 08-25-2009, 07:21 PM

7,993 posts, read 12,882,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post

Obama is doing a great job
Please look up the meaning of "great". Almost 10% unemployment is not "great" last time I checked. Did Webster's change the meaning of "great"?

Old 08-25-2009, 07:25 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,249,453 times
Which is why I refuse to participate in polls. Everytime that I have the questions are leading and the answers designed to generate the desired result.
For example.
If the question asked were: Do you believe that the USA should torture suspected terroists.
answers: Strongly agree, some what agree, not sure, somewhat disagree or strongly disagree. Flat out no question about it the results would be between somewhat disagree and strongly disagree.
Now alternative to gain the opposite answers.
If the US had a terrorist known for slottering women and children, planning the attacks on grade schools in afghanistan and has knowledge of an impending massive terrorist attack on US soil should we use torture to gain intel and possibly prevent the attack?
Strogly agree somewhat agree not sure somewhat disagree strongly disagree?
No doubt about it most would answer strongly agree or somewhat agree.
That is how these polls work.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies