Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2009, 07:29 PM

18,247 posts, read 22,675,662 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
This is a great example of the liberal fantasy land. Bush bad had $400 billion deficit. Obama good $1.5 trillion deficit. This is how you dig out of a hole? I suggest when you find yourself in a hole, stop digging.

I would love to meet the people who gave Bush the benefit of the doubt. The left was planning bombings, that is giving the benefit of the doubt?

Woman accused of threatening bomb-plot informant (http://www.statesman.com/news/content/news/stories/local/2009/08/24/0824kibby.html - broken link)
Are you off your meds?

Bush did absolutely nothing to advance this nation forward. At least Obama's programs are purposed with improving the well-being of the majority of Americans - unlike Bush and Cheney who used the White House to line the pockets of his Fat Cat Oil Tycoon buddies.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2009, 07:35 PM

19,890 posts, read 18,869,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
Are you off your meds?

Bush did absolutely nothing to advance this nation forward. At least Obama's programs are purposed with improving the well-being of the majority of Americans - unlike Bush and Cheney who used the White House to line the pockets of his Fat Cat Oil Tycoon buddies.
Bail outs to fat cat Wall Streeters and to his union buddies help Americans how? I worked for a business that went chapter 11 no one helped us. We reorganized, emerged and moved on.

I live about 2 miles from ground zero and those of us who remember also recognize that there were no more terrorist attacks on US soil.

How about addressing Obama's deficits, I know you can't but you should at least try.

Old 08-25-2009, 07:41 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,285,378 times
Seven Numbers That Prove George Bush Destroyed America

$50 billion — how much the Oilman’s War was supposed to cost before the invasion of Iraq.
$1.2 trillion — how much the Oilman’s War is now estimated to finally cost.
$10 billion — how much money is unaccounted for in Iraq and post-Katrina.
45 million — how many Americans are living without health insurance.
5 million — how many Americans lost health insurance under George Bush.
$3 trillion — the national debt accrued by George Bush. (There was a $2 trillion surplus when he came into office.)
24% — how much of that debt is owed to foreign countries.
There you have it, folks. The conservatives have saved the country from those free-spending, big government liberals. Hallelujah!

If Obama does what he promised pertaining to an public option health care plan, his numbers will skyrocket. This bi-partisanship with the Republican and Blue Dog Democrat obstructiinists is what is holding him back. This issue was his campaign platform, so the very same people that voted him into office will be right behind him once again.

Old 08-25-2009, 07:43 PM

3,301 posts, read 6,361,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Of course this conveniently ignores the fact Bush didn't inherit a pile of crap like Obama did.

And where is poll methodology and sample size/make-up described? Without that data it's meaningless.
Obama is creating a huge pile of crap for himself.

Old 08-25-2009, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Seven Numbers That Prove George Bush Destroyed America

$50 billion — how much the Oilman’s War was supposed to cost before the invasion of Iraq.
$1.2 trillion — how much the Oilman’s War is now estimated to finally cost.
$10 billion — how much money is unaccounted for in Iraq and post-Katrina.
45 million — how many Americans are living without health insurance.
5 million — how many Americans lost health insurance under George Bush.
$3 trillion — the national debt accrued by George Bush. (There was a $2 trillion surplus when he came into office.)
24% — how much of that debt is owed to foreign countries.
There you have it, folks. The conservatives have saved the country from those free-spending, big government liberals. Hallelujah!

If Obama does what he promised pertaining to an public option health care plan, his numbers will skyrocket. This bi-partisanship with the Republican and Blue Dog Democrat obstructiinists is what is holding him back. This issue was his campaign platform, so the very same people that voted him into office will be right behind him once again.
The only numbers that would sky rocket would be the deficit.

Old 08-25-2009, 08:01 PM

68,441 posts, read 54,954,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
I live about 2 miles from ground zero and those of us who remember also recognize that there were no more terrorist attacks on US soil.

And that somehow causes you to not recognize 9/11?

Just in case you haven't kept up, Iraq had NOTHING to do with it.

Old 08-25-2009, 08:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
And that somehow causes you to not recognize 9/11?

Just in case you haven't kept up, Iraq had NOTHING to do with it.
Perhaps you should keep up my friend, reading is fundamental. I never said the two were related I was responding to an equally limited poster who claimed Bush did nothing for the country. Now go away and let the adults talk.

Old 08-25-2009, 08:06 PM

4,135 posts, read 10,881,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
no contest. Bush wins hands down. How can this be? The great post-partisan? The great uniter?

RealClearPolitics - Barack Obama, George W. Bush Job Approval Ratings

This is priceless.
Especially priceless: it is BEFORE 9/11.

The poll was in August 2001.

Old 08-25-2009, 08:07 PM

18,247 posts, read 22,675,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsupstate View Post
Please look up the meaning of "great". Almost 10% unemployment is not "great" last time I checked. Did Webster's change the meaning of "great"?
Everything is America was just peachy-keen until Obama took office and things just went to hell ...or at least that's what the Obama-haters would have one think.

Be honest and place the blame where it belongs, in the lap of GWB.

There will be no progress of the Right Wing until they accept the fact that most Americans know that George W Bush (his administration, lack of leadership and his policies) caused our nation's current economic situation.

The recession did not start in Jan 2009. It didn't even start in Nov 2008. It started in Dec 2007. But I'm sure that deep denial will cause you and your other Obama-haters to argue that truth too.

Old 08-25-2009, 08:09 PM

4,135 posts, read 10,881,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coastalrap View Post
I don't get it, I thought people wanted change. Now they are not happy with it?
2 words: "Voter Remorse"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies