Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2009, 08:39 PM

19,890 posts, read 18,869,923 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
as opposed to the surplus Bush left?...oh yeah, he DIDN'T!

Let's use a simple analogy as many Bush supporters or Obama bashers might have an easier time comprehending something elementary.

You inherit a waterfront house, but alas, the house is in major disrepair, in fact, it is sliding off a cliff. There are also two mortgages on this house, but you must keep it afloat. You invest in repairs as to not lose the house and to once again give the house some equity. Common sense would dictate that although it is taking time and money to save this property, you cannot be blamed for being inefficient or irresponsible as you were given the house as is. While you are attempting to fix the neglect and abuse, you have a bunch of greedy and bought pigs obstructing your repair crew at every turn.

Obama is shoveling $hit against the tide when he attempts bipartisanship with the thugs on the right. They do not give a rat's butt for the average American people and if it were up to them, we could all go straight to hell.

Another one who doesn't care to explain how giving bailouts to Wall streeters and his union buddies help repair the house.

10% of his so called stimulus has been spent yet a recovery is underway, Wanna know why. Because recessions end usually between 6 and 18 months from when they started.

You have it wrong my friend the Dems control all levers of government, they don't need bipartisanship, they have bullet proof majorities in both houses. Oh thats right, they ran candidates in conservative district disguised as Republicans, if they vote to follow Obama, they are following him off a cliff, they will be voted out in 2010.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2009, 08:41 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,285,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Peace and prosperity??

I guess you might call it that after numerous attacks throughout the 90's that killed Americans went unanswered.

I guess if you ignore it, like Clinton did, you might claim that to be "peace".

Clinton's ineptitude and incompetence led DIRECTLY to 9/11.
No, the Republicans foaming at the mouth because of a soiled dress distracted the entire nation from the real issues.

Old 08-25-2009, 08:44 PM

Quote:
No, the Republicans foaming at the mouth because of a soiled dress distracted the entire nation from the real issues.
It is interesting you call a president perjuring himself in order to deny a fellow citizen (Paula Jones) her day in court an issue about a soiled dress.

Old 08-25-2009, 08:46 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,285,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
Another one who doesn't care to explain how giving bailouts to Wall streeters and his union buddies help repair the house.

10% of his so called stimulus has been spent yet a recovery is underway, Wanna know why. Because recessions end usually between 6 and 18 months from when they started.

You have it wrong my friend the Dems control all levers of government, they don't need bipartisanship, they have bullet proof majorities in both houses. Oh thats right, they ran candidates in conservative district disguised as Republicans, if they vote to follow Obama, they are following him off a cliff, they will be voted out in 2010.
My point exactly...Obama supporters are screaming for him to cut the crap and draw the line in the sand. He does not need to extend that olive branch to a bunch of thugs. They are cut-throat and that is what Obama is probably coming to realize.

Old 08-25-2009, 08:47 PM

41,325 posts, read 45,212,820 times
Quote:
You know, you rail on and on about Bush's "lies" with absolutely no proof, evidence, testimony under oath to back you up.

We have Clinton, Chief Law Enforcement Official of the US, clearly LYING under oath and that never seems to bother you.

Can you understand why your credibility went down the crapper?

Old 08-25-2009, 08:48 PM

68,437 posts, read 54,954,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Hey, Burdy have you ever tried to reason out that this healthcare bill has nothing at all to do with that inheritance you talk about? How about the horrendous stimulus bill that the Dems passed? Did they need to do something about that crisis that allowed them to pass the stimulus. It seems to me that they haven't spent much of the stimulus but want another one. Tonight I heard that 1700 prison inmates recently received stimulus checks. Why would that be? I haven't got a penny from them.

And just WHERE did you hear that "1700 prison inmates recently received stimulus checks"? FAUX News?

Old 08-25-2009, 08:51 PM

130 posts, read 176,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Peace and prosperity??

I guess you might call it that after numerous attacks throughout the 90's that killed Americans went unanswered.

I guess if you ignore it, like Clinton did, you might claim that to be "peace".

Clinton's ineptitude and incompetence led DIRECTLY to 9/11.

And do not forget that it was the Clinton admin who took the money away from the NO levies from being rebuild that cost lives and millions to boot.
Why is it so many people are so fixed on Obama when he has not accomplished a single thing in nearly 9 months? Anyone of us could have accomplished at least something important by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
And just WHERE did you hear that "1700 prison inmates recently received stimulus checks"? FAUX News?
It was real hard to find. The lack of curiosity on the left to actually look into issues never fails to amaze me.

Prisoners wrongly received stimulus checks - UPI.com

44,882 posts, read 33,500,785 times
Quote:
as opposed to the surplus Bush left?...oh yeah, he DIDN'T!

Let's use a simple analogy as many Bush supporters or Obama bashers might have an easier time comprehending something elementary.

You inherit a waterfront house, but alas, the house is in major disrepair, in fact, it is sliding off a cliff. There are also two mortgages on this house, but you must keep it afloat. You invest in repairs as to not lose the house and to once again give the house some equity. Common sense would dictate that although it is taking time and money to save this property, you cannot be blamed for being inefficient or irresponsible as you were given the house as is. While you are attempting to fix the neglect and abuse, you have a bunch of greedy and bought pigs obstructing your repair crew at every turn.

Obama is shoveling $hit against the tide when he attempts bipartisanship with the thugs on the right. They do not give a rat's butt for the average American people and if it were up to them, we could all go straight to hell.
Could you show me some of the Obama attempts at bipartisanship? Is it like Harry Reid who said bipartisanship is doing it our way and no other way. Join in with us and we sill call it bipartisanship. Obama has had the same attitude and I see nothing but our way or the highway and sure as hell we don't care for the Dem way.

Have you noticed that yesterday the Dems admitted that it would take $9 trillion of deficit to get them through their programs when they originally said only $7 trillion three months ago and the CBO said $9 trillion then. Some more of your bipartisanship came barreling down the pike yesterday, too. Obama went on vacation on Friday and there was no news out of DC Saturday or Sunday and all of a sudden on Monday, Eric Holder announced that he was getting ready to appoint an investigative attorney to investigate the CIA people that questioned the three terrorists and got all the goodies from them. The last time Democrats killed the CIA was just before 2001 when the wall was created between the CIA and the military spy agencies and the police. I guess you never heared of the GoreLICK wall, did you? This came just after the Clintons had weakened the military as much as possible.

On top of Holder doing what both he and Obama had declared they wouldn't do. Great news and I think it may take some minds off the healthcare debacle but not many of we old folks will forget.

Keep on with the inherit stuff but don't try top make the $9 Bush's fault. He didn't start the healthcare thing that will take over $3 trillion for that time. Why nobody even knew about trillions till Obama came along.

Old 08-25-2009, 08:53 PM

41,325 posts, read 45,212,820 times
Quote:
It was real hard to find. The lack of curiosity on the left to actually look into issues never fails to amaze me.
They won't have anything like that on the left-wing blogs, which is where the poster gets his "news". They want to keep their sheeple believing the stimulus is actually a success.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies