Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2009, 04:48 PM

39,031 posts, read 23,048,562 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by idahogie View Post
You think kids shouldn't be able to see men kissing? Or anyone kissing? Let's be real here - the LDS Church is opposed to men kissing. It has nothing to do with "excessive" anything. If that's what you're opposed to as well, under your blanket PDA ban, then you have serious sexual issues.

If not, then I don't mean to imply anything about you.
If it's a chaste kiss on the check, I'm ok with it as long as it's kept rated "G". Anything else requires a motel room.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2009, 04:50 PM

39,031 posts, read 23,048,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaimuki View Post
I don't like people frenching in public, but who are we to say it should not be allowed.
Do you have kids or nephews/nieces? Do you want them to stumble upon a couple (hetero or homosexual) french kissing or engaging in any other ranching behavior?

Old 07-19-2009, 04:55 PM

3,124 posts, read 4,944,489 times
Why is this thread turning into a discussion on acceptable levels of PDA? This was a quick kiss and the news show I saw (some local station in SLC) set up cameras and showed footage of plenty of heterosexual couples kissing each other.

The ONLY reason one finds same-sex affection "gross" or uncomfortable is because you've been taught that. In some cultures two men will kiss on the mouth as friends and or family.

Old 07-19-2009, 06:46 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,712,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
I'll be the first to state that watching two men slogging is about one of the grossest things that I can think of, but that is my problem, not theirs.
Yeah, well, we have to put up with watching men and women "slogging" a lot more than you have to put up with two men doing it. You'll live.

Old 07-19-2009, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatteress View Post
Do you have kids or nephews/nieces? Do you want them to stumble upon a couple (hetero or homosexual) french kissing or engaging in any other ranching behavior?
Actually, I would be happy if my nephew stumbled across two people kissing passionately, no matter what their sexuality might be. I think it's wonderful to see two people who are comfortable showing affection for each other in public. I don't understand why some people are so against it.

Puritanism is alive and well in America, I guess.

Old 07-19-2009, 06:50 PM

16,259 posts, read 24,800,577 times
That was just plain friggin WRONG. You should not go to a religious place and cause a disturbance. They ought to have some respect. While I do not think they should be arrested for it, their mothers ought to teach them some respect for others. And the religious people need to stay away from the gays and leave them alone too.

Old 07-19-2009, 06:52 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,564,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boompa View Post
I was stuck in Traffic in Dallas and two "Cowboys" in a BMW convertable in front of me were fondling each other. My family didn't need that but we were stuck

Gee, I hope no one is scarred for life. (I take it you were behind them, and not looking into their vehicle)

Any type of EXCESSIVE PDA should be discouraged, no matter who's doing it, unless its staged like this event was.

Old 07-19-2009, 07:02 PM

1,382 posts, read 2,388,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel and The Dolphin View Post
Please don't feed the troll or its unhealthy obsession with the kissing habits of other people.
Not about kissing habits.

Old 07-19-2009, 07:05 PM

11,155 posts, read 15,725,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeledaf View Post
Yeah, it's not different, except that instead of a man and a woman, it's two men.

No difference at all.

(backing away....)

Precisely. Love is love. There truly is no difference.

Old 07-19-2009, 07:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boompa View Post
I was stuck in Traffic in Dallas and two "Cowboys" in a BMW convertable in front of me were fondling each other. My family didn't need that but we were stuck
No need to feel uncomfortable and get upset. Next time, just make a joke about it. Live and let live.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies