Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-06-2009, 04:09 AM

2,661 posts, read 2,903,365 times

Advertisements

Love diverse crowds.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2009, 06:15 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,304,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dukester View Post
With no great fanfare and little national media coverage, the people who organized the April 15 Tea Parties are gearing up for a new day of protests against government spending and higher taxes.
While some in the media choose to ignore the Tea Parties, they will not be able to ignore what I expect will happen at mid-term elections 2010.

Me, being self employed, I get around, and I can tell you people are angry and, and they are ready to "throw the bums out", whether Democrat or Republican; anyone who has voted for any of this insanity can expect to lose their seat, but especially the Democrats.

I attended my first Tea Party on the 4th. People of all ages were there, all with the same feelings and message, which was, "stop the spending, stop the taxation, no more 'czars', no government run health care, no more takeover of businesses, restore our Constitution and our constitutional form of government"; etc, etc.

Old 07-06-2009, 06:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozzie679 View Post
1449 cities x 100 people = not much
The rather small Tea Party I attended (hey, it's a small town) had at least, I would guess, 500. It was a good sized crowd on the courthouse lawn.

I can imagine that the larger cities had thousands, as they have in the past.

Your low number is wishful thinking, and hardly derived from any honest reporting.

Old 07-06-2009, 06:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by locoenlacabeza View Post
I think the tea parties have good intentions, I think the spirit is in the right place but I think that they were ill organized and lost sight of the main goal-LOWER TAXES and LESS GOVERNMENT.
That is the message that I heard at the one I attended. Stop the spending, Stop the tax increases (Taxed Enough Already), Stop the illegal takeover of private business, Stop the bailouts, Stop with the "czars", Read before you sign; etc.
Quote:
Unfortunately, I think that they did turn out to be right wing partisan affairs and scared off many who were interested in hearing the NON partisan thoughts on the matters.
I don't know where you're getting this information from, but I know that many of the people attending the Tea Parties are Democrats. Everyone is fed up. This isn't about parties and party affiliation. It's about government, and returning responsible government to the people, by the people. It is our government.

Quote:
It should have never been turned into a republican "rally".
The idea in theory is a good one, but it does need to remain non partisan.
As I said above: They are not "Republican rallies". They are citizen rallies, people demanding that there government be responsible.

Old 07-06-2009, 06:38 AM

551 posts, read 855,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
As I said above: They are not "Republican rallies". They are citizen rallies, people demanding that there government be responsible.
Very true, the one I attended had a couple of folks that voted for Obama. While they still support him, they did not like the path he was taking with regard to the money being spent. They wanted to protest that along with eveyone else at the rally.

Old 07-06-2009, 06:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tank1906 View Post
95% of peoples taxes are lower today.
LOL!!! How do you figure that? I'd love to know, and when did it happen? Obama hasn't signed any tax cut legislation yet. And he's going to eliminate the Bush tax cuts.

Everyones taxes are headed up, chump. Yours too. Big Time!

Old 07-06-2009, 06:45 AM

48,502 posts, read 96,848,488 times
Ithere garnateee to go up with just his cap and trade. Democrats have never lowered taxes. If they can get it there they will raise fees. They rae the party of tax and spend and always have been.Lok nat the deficit that has triped in a short timje. Anoy wo thinks that comes free is a fol;plin and simple.

Old 07-06-2009, 06:46 AM

4,586 posts, read 5,477,737 times
Quote:

Everyones taxes are headed up, chump. Yours too. Big Time!
..and how do you figure that? Nevermind..you'll lists 100 what ifs and maybes.

Old 07-06-2009, 06:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozzie679 View Post
Oh please The "protests" were FCN sponsored anti-Obama rallies. No recognition my arse. FCN made a whole production on location with music and entertainment for crowd. There was nothing grass roots about the gatherings.
What's "FCN"?

Are you expecting anyone to believe that these are all staged productions? LOL! You're loony!

Old 07-06-2009, 07:06 AM

6,734 posts, read 9,340,799 times
Quote:
What's "FCN"?

Are you expecting anyone to believe that these are all staged productions? LOL! You're loony!
Pointing out spelling errors now? That's a big message board faux pas.

No production going on here

YouTube - Glenn Beck's Tea Party at the Alamo in San Antonio Texas with Ted Nugent and, "We the People"

YouTube - Newt Gingrich Joins Atlanta Tax Day Tea Party From NY Tea Party

YouTube - Singer John Rich Joins the Atlanta Tax Day Tea Party
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies