Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-31-2009, 02:38 PM

2,537 posts, read 3,900,314 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
what is "viable" to you?
Cells I suppose, good luck with all that.
They are all right wing nut jobs.

Old 05-31-2009, 02:51 PM

41,325 posts, read 45,212,820 times
Suspect arrested in connection with slaying of abortion provider George Tiller - Kansas City Star (http://www.kansascity.com/116/story/1225769.html?storylink=omni_popular - broken link)

They arrested the man.

Statement from the family;

Quote:
"Today we mourn the loss of our husband, father and grandfather. Today's event is an unspeakable tragedy for all of us and for George's friends and patients.

"This is particularly heart wrenching because George was shot down in his house of worship, a place of peace."

Old 05-31-2009, 02:51 PM

1,091 posts, read 3,604,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karfar View Post
Yikes, I didn't even know what anencephaly was so I looked it up. I'm sorry, that is horrific, it's like a science fiction or horror movie. I can't even imagine having a baby like that.

Ever heard of hydrocephaly?
Yeah, well... it's pretty common. In the US, it effects 2,584 born children per year; actually, the incidence is even higher, but most hydrocyphalic fetuses are terminated in utero.
It's one of the most common reasons women have late-term abortions.
The fetus's cranial cavity fills with fluid. It can get bigger than a watermelon in extreme cases, and it doesn't even start happening until the third trimester, so terminating it sooner isn't an option; it wouldn't be detectable until late in pregnancy.
The fetus is non-viable in such cases; if born, it will not live.
If born vaginally, it will kill the mother.
The only way it could be delivered alive and still preserve her health is if it were delivered by c-section (and believe me, it would be one ungodly big abdominal incision, and would probably leave the woman unable to bear future offspring); the fetus would be dead at birth, or within minutes or hours of birth.
The other option- the one commonly utilized in clinics like Tiller's- is to put a shunt in the fetus's head to drain off some of the gallons of excess cerebro-spinal fluid, then compact the skull so it will fit through the woman's pelvis, then extract the fetus vaginally.

Sorry if that's not a pretty picture; few life-saving surgeries are pretty. Open heart surgery probably isn't. Neither are colon resections. They are, however, necessary.

Just as late-term D&E abortions are necessary to preserve the life, health, fertility, and bodily integrity of pregnant women who are carrying severely hydrocephalic fetuses.

Old 05-31-2009, 02:53 PM

37,228 posts, read 42,579,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Suspect arrested in connection with slaying of abortion provider George Tiller - Kansas City Star (http://www.kansascity.com/116/story/1225769.html?storylink=omni_popular - broken link)

They arrested the man.
This should be interesting..

Old 05-31-2009, 02:56 PM

10,503 posts, read 15,647,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jane72 View Post
Ever heard of hydrocephaly?
Yeah, well... it's pretty common. In the US, it effects 2,584 born children per year; actually, the incidence is even higher, but most hydrocyphalic fetuses are terminated in utero.
It's one of the most common reasons women have late-term abortions.
The fetus's cranial cavity fills with fluid. It can get bigger than a watermelon in extreme cases, and it doesn't even start happening until the third trimester, so terminating it sooner isn't an option; it wouldn't be detectable until late in pregnancy.
The fetus is non-viable in such cases; if born, it will not live.
If born vaginally, it will kill the mother.
The only way it could be delivered alive and still preserve her health is if it were delivered by c-section (and believe me, it would be one ungodly big abdominal incision, and would probably leave the woman unable to bear future offspring); the fetus would be dead at birth, or within minutes or hours of birth.
The other option- the one commonly utilized in clinics like Tiller's- is to put a shunt in the fetus's head to drain off some of the gallons of excess cerebro-spinal fluid, then compact the skull so it will fit through the woman's pelvis, then extract the fetus vaginally.

Sorry if that's not a pretty picture; few life-saving surgeries are pretty. Open heart surgery probably isn't. Neither are colon resections. They are, however, necessary.

Just as late-term D&E abortions are necessary to preserve the life, health, fertility, and bodily integrity of pregnant women who are carrying severely hydrocephalic fetuses.
Yeesh! Well I certainly think the majority of people would be responsive to a woman having a late-term abortion in those instances. How horrible to have to deal w/that.

Old 05-31-2009, 03:00 PM

11,135 posts, read 14,271,204 times
Ok, this thread has been reported more times than it has been posted on, which is a lot.

Closed pending chilled tempers, passions, and my sorting through this train wreck

Old 05-31-2009, 04:30 PM

11,135 posts, read 14,271,204 times
Ok, we are opened back up for business, however...

first, if there are any disjointed posts due to a missed edit, sorry but this went from 7 pages down to 3 so far. Lots of wasted time responding to off topic stuff that I deleted in a near instant.

Also, folks, lets stick to the topic at hand and if it goes afoul again, I can promise the next response from me will not be so relaxed.

Old 05-31-2009, 04:31 PM

453 posts, read 799,996 times
Ah, the floorshow is back! Whoo-hoo!

Old 05-31-2009, 04:32 PM

10,503 posts, read 15,647,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TnHilltopper View Post
Ok, we are opened back up for business, however...

first, if there are any disjointed posts due to a missed edit, sorry but this went from 7 pages down to 3 so far. Lots of wasted time responding to off topic stuff that I deleted in a near instant.

Also, folks, lets stick to the topic at hand and if it goes afoul again, I can promise the next response from me will not be so relaxed.
LOL, thanks thnhill, it's damn near impossible to keep emotions in check w/certain topics.

Old 05-31-2009, 04:42 PM

68,437 posts, read 54,954,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneWolf88 View Post
Great news, another baby murderer is sent to hell where he belongs.2 big thumbs up!
Bad News! Another wacko condones MURDER!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies