Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-31-2009, 07:52 PM

41,325 posts, read 45,181,374 times

Advertisements

Quote:
How does anyone really know if this guy is a Christian?

I for one, as a Christian, don not believe in murdering fellow human beings (or animals for that matter).

Can someone point out to me that this man is a TRUE Christian?

BTW, the crime is horrible and should be punished to the full extent of the law.
Can we all just agree that no one in their right mind could consider murdering another human being. You HAVE to be quite insane to commit such an act.

It is obvious while he might have believed himself to be a true Christian, he just could not have been, by his very thoughts and actions.

Old 05-31-2009, 07:54 PM

8,624 posts, read 9,130,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
dr. tiller was not the "arbiter of who deserved to live and who deserved to die" it was the woman's choice. if someone went around murdering women who had abortions would that be ok?

Are you kidding? So if somene said I want "joe blow" dead and someone else actually kiled "joe blow" they were not the arbiter if "joe blow" deserved to live or deserved to die? OK

41,325 posts, read 45,181,374 times
Quote:
No one murdered any babies.
Oh, that's right. They are not technically worthy of rights until the head presents.

Very convenient justification for the murder of children.

68,435 posts, read 54,895,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonrise View Post
True, but he was the one to "pull the trigger", so to speak. So in essence, he was the arbiter of life, since without him, no one else would murder these babies.
He acted within the law, his murderer did not and deserves to be punished to its full extent.

Old 05-31-2009, 07:55 PM

14,975 posts, read 16,566,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Can we all just agree that no one in their right mind could consider murdering another human being. You HAVE to be quite insane to commit such an act.

It is obvious while he might have believed himself to be a true Christian, he just could not have been, by his very thoughts and actions.
Very true. I agree 100%.

Quote:
Oh, that's right. They are not technically worthy of rights until the head presents.

Many pro-choicers will argue that even late-term abortions are a-ok. I can understand the argument in the first trimester and early second trimester, but later than that, I fail to see a substantive difference between the abortion and murdering a born baby.

NOTE: The person who killed the doctor, regardless, needs to rot in a cell until the day he dies.

Last edited by afoigrokerkok; 05-31-2009 at 08:21 PM..

Old 05-31-2009, 07:57 PM

7,211 posts, read 9,485,800 times
Quote:

Abortion= legal medical procedure..

Old 05-31-2009, 07:58 PM

4,011 posts, read 4,446,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
I'm aware that he was acquitted of the charges. I'm unaware of the exact details of the case(s) - I will look into it some more. That said, there are cases pending with the Medical Board....still....against his medical license.

While his actions may or may not have been criminal, I'm not willing to label his actions as "entirely legal" as the poster suggested until the Medical Board renders judgment.
He failed to get a second "independent" opinion in 19 cases. Misdemeanors. That state Board of Healing Arts investigation will likely end because he's dead. The charges were brought by an anti-abortion prosecutor.

Old 05-31-2009, 07:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Upton View Post
Abortion= legal medical procedure..
Not in most cases at the stage of pregnancy at which these fetuses were aborted

"Kansas law allows abortions after a fetus can survive outside the womb only if two independent doctors agree that it is necessary to save a women’s life or prevent “substantial and irreversible” h
harm to “a major bodily function,” a phrase that has been interpreted to include mental health."

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/29918417/ - from this article; the one Sagran posted

Old 05-31-2009, 08:00 PM

4,657 posts, read 8,752,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by helenejen View Post
No one murdered any babies.
Really? He was only one of three vermin in the whole USofA that murdered babies after 21 months. They were viable outside of the womb. If you're supporting that, then you're no better then he is.

Old 05-31-2009, 08:00 PM

Wrong. The investigation was started by the anti-abortion AG, but the charges were filed by a pro-choice one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies