Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2009, 08:03 PM

4,515 posts, read 9,696,021 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canerican View Post
So you think that justices should be decided by race, and Presidents as well. I personally don't believe that race should have anything to do with these positions, however, racists like yourself (as you have said) think that race is the most important factor. Which is more racist, I, who believe that we should judge people based on their character, or you, who says we should judge them by the color of their skin?

No a black President is fine. A hispanic judge is fine. But that racist Sotomayor has no place as a judge, much less on the Supreme Court, and I cannot wait for this one to blow up in 0bama's face.

As for proof Sotomayor is a racist:

Sotomayor on the New Haven Firefighters | Ecclesiastes's Blog

0bama himself implies she is a racist

White House: Sotomayor Would Change "Wise Latina" Comments | Political Hotsheet - CBS News
Stop telling lies. To people it may sound racist what she said about the "wise latina" comments. But in reality she is not racist. She was just stating that in the White House the majority of the people there, were White males. So she wanted for the White House to give an opportunity to the minorities as well, and for the White House not to be all white members.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2009, 09:20 PM

1,515 posts, read 3,331,443 times
What?!? That's not what she was saying at all.

You didn't read the article did you? She said that a hispanic woman would make a better decision than a white man. She also basically called Clarence Thomas a token black man on the Supreme Court. She IS a racist through and through.

Tell me the truth, if a black man said, "I believe that an African American, with his heritage would come to a better decision than a Puerto Rican," would you say that is racist? The answer must be no, but you are saying that she right in saying that about Whites.

Either Sotomayor is a racist or you are, which is it? It can't be neither according to what you have said. I would guess it is both.

Old 05-29-2009, 11:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canerican View Post
What?!? That's not what she was saying at all.

You didn't read the article did you? She said that a hispanic woman would make a better decision than a white man. She also basically called Clarence Thomas a token black man on the Supreme Court. She IS a racist through and through.

Tell me the truth, if a black man said, "I believe that an African American, with his heritage would come to a better decision than a Puerto Rican," would you say that is racist? The answer must be no, but you are saying that she right in saying that about Whites.

Either Sotomayor is a racist or you are, which is it? It can't be neither according to what you have said. I would guess it is both.
Lol stop trying to put words on my mouth. I do not think she is racist. Maybe you mal-interpret it wrong. If she said such thing like you are claiming, then she is racist and that is wrong. But like I told you I do not think she is racist. Why do you think she was nominated then? Obama nomiated her for a reason.

Old 05-30-2009, 05:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycricanpapi View Post
If she said such thing like you are claiming, then she is racist and that is wrong.
She did indeed say it, and she is racist:

Quote:
I would hope that a wise Latina woman with the richness of her experiences would more often than not reach a better conclusion than a white male who hasn't lived that life.

Old 05-30-2009, 05:29 PM

1,915 posts, read 7,983,351 times
She did say it.. if people are going to make such a big deal about things, can you at least read up on it before shooting others down?

Old 05-30-2009, 08:48 PM

8,515 posts, read 16,179,786 times
67% of Hispanic voters voted for Barack, he's owes a favor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RUBIES77 View Post
Puerto Ricans and New Yorkers, as well as the world, should be very proud of Sonia Sotomayor, as being the first Hispanic woman nominated to the Supreme Court of the USA.

Old 05-30-2009, 08:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron. View Post
Wow. So that's the way the Obama administration should work, he stands only for the groups that stood for him.

The President should owe no one a favor, especially not when the fate of the country is on the line. But you may be on to something, as to how Obama could have picked such an incompetent moron.

You honestly believe that putting some dumb Hispanic on the Supreme Court is "owed" because Mexicans voted for him?

I think I understand how Obama got in now, he corner the moron vote.

Old 05-31-2009, 08:01 AM

12,022 posts, read 11,564,393 times
More of the same.

Quote:
President Barack Obama pledged to bring change to Washington, but he is continuing one of the capital's most entrenched traditions: rewarding political supporters with ambassadorships.

In some capitals, being assigned a U.S. envoy who is less than qualified could be taken as an insult. Career diplomats say the minimum requirements for an ambassador are speaking the language of the country, knowledge of that nation and its neighbors and at least some foreign policy experience. Without such qualifications, U.S. policy and influence can suffer.

On Wednesday, Obama nominated 12 ambassadors, only four of whom are career diplomats. The career diplomats were nominated for posts in Brazil, Iceland, Kosovo and Sri Lanka. If confirmed, the eight political appointees will serve in Argentina, Britain, Denmark, France, Japan, India, the Vatican and the African Union.
INSIDE WASHINGTON: Political ambassadors persist - Yahoo! News (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090528/ap_on_go_pr_wh/us_obama_envoys_1 - broken link)

Old 05-31-2009, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron. View Post
Stop making up lies...

Old 05-31-2009, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycricanpapi View Post
Stop making up lies...
Hey you're getting to be pretty funny. Not in a good way though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies