Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2009, 04:58 PM

3,564 posts, read 4,406,378 times

Advertisements

After reading one article regarding Sonia Sotomayor, I do not doubt she has the necessary qualifications for a Supreme Court appointment. I do however have a bit of reservation regarding her possible intention to correct some of the injustices Anglo-Americans have inflicted on African and Native Americans, and Latino communities.

While her assumed sentiments are valid, as a judge, it is not her place to make law. It is her duty to interpret law in accordance to the constitution which she has vowed to uphold.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2009, 06:45 PM

1,515 posts, read 3,335,982 times
You read one article and have decided that.

You must be kidding. Is this satire?

Old 05-31-2009, 08:46 PM

1,729 posts, read 5,002,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canerican View Post
Wow. So that's the way the Obama administration should work, he stands only for the groups that stood for him.

The President should owe no one a favor, especially not when the fate of the country is on the line. But you may be on to something, as to how Obama could have picked such an incompetent moron.

You honestly believe that putting some dumb Hispanic on the Supreme Court is "owed" because Mexicans voted for him?

I think I understand how Obama got in now, he corner the moron vote.
CANERICAN: Since you continue calling Ms. Sotomayor "Dumb," please tell me about your PEDIGREE? It must be impressive...............!!

Old 06-01-2009, 05:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RUBIES77 View Post
CANERICAN: Since you continue calling Ms. Sotomayor "Dumb," please tell me about your PEDIGREE? It must be impressive...............!!
I'm not the one being nominated to go the Supreme Court.

By your logic, anyone who criticized President Bush was out of place since he was a successful businessman, Governor, then President. If your "pedigree" doesn't include those positions you may not criticize him... Give me a break.

Stop defending this woman. The only reason she got in is because she's Mexican. She has admitted that she won't judge based on the Constitution, that should exclude her.

She has also talked about trying to legalize 20 million ILLEGAL ALIENS, who should be immediately deported. These ILLEGALS contribute nothing to society, they are breaking the law by their presence, they cost taxpayers money, and she says "let 'em stay!"

Old 06-01-2009, 09:56 AM

24,522 posts, read 26,066,514 times
WOW. Now she's Mexican?

Old 06-01-2009, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by motormaker View Post
WOW. Now she's Mexican?
I thought someone said Mexican... What is she then? I know that she doesn't identify as American...

Sorry if I can't tell the difference between people in all the Central American countries, to me they all look the same and are no different than New Yorker to a Californian appearance and language wise.

Old 06-01-2009, 06:35 PM

1,729 posts, read 5,002,797 times
[quote=Canerican;9078439]I'm not the one being nominated to go the Supreme Court.

By your logic, anyone who criticized President Bush was out of place since he was a successful businessman, Governor, then President. If your "pedigree" doesn't include those positions you may not criticize him... Give me a break.

Stop defending this woman. The only reason she got in is because she's Mexican. She has admitted that she won't judge based on the Constitution, that should exclude her.

She has also talked about trying to legalize 20 million ILLEGAL ALIENS, who should be immediately deported. These ILLEGALS contribute nothing to society, they are breaking the law by their presence, they cost taxpayers money, and she says "let 'em stay!"[/quote

CANERICAN: You need to get your information straight. Ms. Sotomayor is not MEXICAN! She was born in PUERTO RICO, and raised in NEW YORK CITY!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 06-01-2009, 08:50 PM

4,515 posts, read 9,712,445 times
[quote=RUBIES77;9088970]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canerican View Post
I'm not the one being nominated to go the Supreme Court.

She has also talked about trying to legalize 20 million ILLEGAL ALIENS, who should be immediately deported. These ILLEGALS contribute nothing to society, they are breaking the law by their presence, they cost taxpayers money, and she says "let 'em stay!"[/quote

CANERICAN: You need to get your information straight. Ms. Sotomayor is not MEXICAN! She was born in PUERTO RICO, and raised in NEW YORK CITY!!!!!!!!!!!

Sotomayor was born in The Bronx, New York but her nationality is Puerto Rican.

Old 06-01-2009, 08:52 PM

4,515 posts, read 9,712,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by motormaker View Post
WOW. Now she's Mexican?

No she is not Mexican. She's a New Yorker. Her nationality is Puerto Rican though.

Old 06-02-2009, 12:43 AM

1,384 posts, read 3,180,561 times
How come no one claimed that the Democrats were racist when they opposed the nominations of Clarence Thomas, Miguel Estrada, and Alberto González. If the Democrats had allowed Miguel Estrada to the Court of Appeals in 2001, we could've had a Hispanic Supreme court judge by 2005. Instead, they chose to filibuster. They didn't want a Republican to name the first Hispanic judge to the Supreme Court, they wanted all the praise and glory for themselves.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies