Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-18-2008, 03:51 PM

1,268 posts, read 1,143,254 times

Advertisements

How is it unfortunate? Asians make the most money out of any other race/ethnic group in the U.S. Asian girls are.. HOT.

Old 05-21-2008, 08:41 AM

1,028 posts, read 2,344,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exedous View Post
How is it unfortunate? Asians make the most money out of any other race/ethnic group in the U.S. Asian girls are.. HOT.
B/c there's a different perception and treatment that Hollywood and society give Asian women and Asian men. It's suspicious and seems deliberately intended to emasculate Asian men, or at least their image in American society. It may be unconscious, but it's definitely there. How many characters in tv shows are gay Asian males? How many characters are Asian male doctors. I sense that the percentages do not accurately reflect real life. It appears to be a deliberate lie that Hollywood powerbrokers are promoting that Asian men tend to be gay. And stressing that attractive male doctors are any race but Asian. There is not a lot of exploration or respect of the sexuality of Asian heterosexual males in hollywood.

It's ok to be Asian and gay. What someone does behind closed doors is fine. But I think it's fair for someone like to me to request a more honest portrayal in hollywood. One that doesn't have hidden agendas.

Old 05-21-2008, 08:46 AM

1,028 posts, read 2,344,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nl2134 View Post
Is it unfortunate to be an Asian male?

Absolutely not, you are who you are. Be proud...

Is it tougher to be an Asian male, in comparison to any other unique mix of race/gender?

Without a doubt. In college, I was always the token Asian (didn't help that I went to a school that was 95% caucasian), but I wanted to be more than that. There weren't many ABC's at my school, so either there were Asians from China that only spoke Mandarin and hung out together, or like 100 ABC's in a school of 41,000, who would hang out with everyone, and that was me. I'd go to class, and I'm sure everyone assumed I would speak with a huge accent, but I don't. In American Politics, I'm extremely liberal, but when it comes to Chinese Politics, I'm definitely on the more on the moderate/conservative side. I think one whole side of my family would have a huge problem if I dated someone not 100% Chinese (maybe even disown me, who knows), and the other side wouldn't care. I'll always be on the scrawnier side (it's just my genes), and I definitely have more brains than brawns. I'm quiet, but I hold my friends close, and I'm sure they think I'm a loudmouth now that they know me better. Just lots of internal conflict...hehe
This is a generally healthy perspective that you have. I spoke with an accent. A southern one. Catches the asians off guard more so than the Americans.

Old 05-21-2008, 09:10 AM

5,525 posts, read 13,988,337 times
I don't know, I've got quite a few Asian male friends and we all ended up married to Caucasian Americans. But, maybe that's because we're all doctors. (Just kidding, one's of us is a hedge fund manager.)

Old 05-21-2008, 09:14 AM

9,963 posts, read 18,541,300 times
Here in California it seems like all I see is White and Asian couples of any gender mix. In a sick way I think it has become a fad for Asian/White couples to date each other exclusively.

Just take a walk through a mall in Orange County, San Francisco, or Sacramento you will see heaps of Asian/White.
I personally know like 5 Asian Men/White Woman couples and like 10 White Men/Asian Couple.

You want disadvantage? Try being a Black or Hispanic Male in California and dating White Girls.

Old 05-21-2008, 09:21 AM

8,965 posts, read 11,840,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ducksburg View Post
I just read a post on interracial dating and marriage which prompted me to come up with this idea.
Asian males seem to be at disadvantage.Being Asian is okay,but being Asian male is not that great.
Will white/black/hispanic females take Asian males into account when it comes to dating and marriage?

I imagine it would be if the stereotypes about sizes are true.

Last edited by davidt1; 05-21-2008 at 09:36 AM..

Old 05-21-2008, 10:00 AM

983 posts, read 3,604,385 times
Cool Asian male

Aww, how unfortunate I am to be an Asian male!

Old 05-21-2008, 09:40 PM

3,210 posts, read 4,627,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
Here in California it seems like all I see is White and Asian couples of any gender mix. In a sick way I think it has become a fad for Asian/White couples to date each other exclusively.

Just take a walk through a mall in Orange County, San Francisco, or Sacramento you will see heaps of Asian/White.
I personally know like 5 Asian Men/White Woman couples and like 10 White Men/Asian Couple.

You want disadvantage? Try being a Black or Hispanic Male in California and dating White Girls.
Spoken like a true self-hating Black man. The IR parade works all ways, stop whining about it.....

I bet your next post will be about white men with sistas....

Old 05-21-2008, 09:57 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,217,457 times
Something that people need to consider that many White and especially Mestizo people are actually part Asian.

A friend of mine; she is either 1/2 or full Hungarian heritage, has the high cheekbones, epicanthic folds over the inner corner of her slanted eyes, etc. yet is counted as 100% 'White' in the legal sense. I too am 1/2 Hungarian but look like a Viking. Go figure.

Old 05-21-2008, 10:01 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,217,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shizzles View Post
Spoken like a true self-hating Black man. The IR parade works all ways, stop whining about it.....

I bet your next post will be about white men with sistas....
Mach50 is actually White but counts himself as a 'Hispanic' due to his mother being from Mexico.

(we lock horns; but in a respectful manner on another board quite a bit )
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies