Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-19-2007, 03:44 PM

1,560 posts, read 7,151,119 times

Advertisements

I've dated women of a number of races; Black, White, Vietnamese, Columbian and Spanish. I never considered their race as an issue, nor did I set out to date women of those particular races. I just happen recognize early that I like pretty women, and they come in all races.

Old 04-19-2007, 04:10 PM

2,080 posts, read 6,948,074 times
Default not suprised

I never thought it was unfortunate to be an asian male. In HS & college, I had a lot of people coming up to me to write their papers. I declined happily! But in the process, I had a lot of dates.... er tutoring sessions. I behaved!
But, I would have to say there are people who like their spouses/partners of a different race. Whether it's the color of their skin to the interesting culture they come from, it attracts people together. It's human nature.
Me and my siblings are dating caucasians. They've said it made their lives not only entertaining but colorful.

Old 04-20-2007, 12:29 AM

4,273 posts, read 15,262,102 times
First, Blkaneseichiban, I love your nick. That is awesome. I've never heard anybody use the word "blasian" 'cept for me and my husband when we refer to the period of films that came out in the late 90's with JetLi/Jackie Chan (ie Romeo Must Die and Rush Hour although others allude me right now!)

2nd: My family is Chinese. I married Irish/German blood. My brother married German blood and my other brother married a Chinese girl. I was the first Asian girl my husband ever dated so no, he doesn't have a fetish. I'm not submissive, I'm not your stereotypical tiny Asian girl and I can't cook worth a crap. Why can't ppl just fall in love b'c they are in love?

I know for a fact that neither I nor my brothers had any hidden agendas when we married our mates. We married for love. It had nothing to do with race.

Old 04-20-2007, 03:01 AM

244 posts, read 1,093,242 times
^^ Keep telling yourself that.

All too often I see Asian women marry into white because they think it's somehow a status increase.

Somehow I just don't buy that 50% + of all Asian women in the US who marry interracially (mostly white men) because of love. There's definitely some interaction going on here, from both parties.

I can honestly see why so many Asian men are bitter.

Old 04-20-2007, 08:11 AM

8,672 posts, read 22,285,095 times
Default Asian Male?

I think in this area, right or wrong, actually, Asians are perceived as being very intelligent. As an example, awhile back I was talking to a co-worker about his physician. I said, "So you recommend this guy, you think he's really intelligent, huh?" He looked at me like I had lost my mind and said something like, "He's ASIAN!" (with the implication that OF COURSE, he's intelligent!)

Old 04-20-2007, 08:15 AM

244 posts, read 1,093,242 times
Kay, as a fellow Plano-ite and graduate of Plano West I find that thought process so ignorant. There were just as many pot-smoking, dope dealing Asians as there were whites.

I guess under that same logic, I, a black male am less intelligent? Give me a break.

Asians just study harder, and just like the rest of us, if they do not, will fail. Simple as that.

Old 04-20-2007, 08:24 AM

8,672 posts, read 22,285,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LongHornGuy86 View Post
Kay, as a fellow Plano-ite and graduate of Plano West I find that thought process so ignorant. There were just as many pot-smoking, dope dealing Asians as there were whites.

I guess under that same logic, I, a black male am less intelligent? Give me a break.

Asians just study harder, and just like the rest of us, if they do not, will fail. Simple as that.
Well, it's just a perception, right or wrong... I think

Old 04-20-2007, 08:34 AM

1,499 posts, read 4,835,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ducksburg View Post
I just read a post on interracial dating and marriage which prompted me to come up with this idea.
Asian males seem to be at disadvantage.Being Asian is okay,but being Asian male is not that great.
Will white/black/hispanic females take Asian males into account when it comes to dating and marriage?
That is because Asian girls (specially the Japanese, Korean and Vietnamese girls) are hot. But as you point out, you are a guy and guys are not hot like girls. hehe...

Come on now... a lot of companies give preference to Asian workers (tech workers, specially) since they think asian guys are good computer people.

Old 04-20-2007, 11:31 AM

1,233 posts, read 3,437,066 times
Asians are very intelligent people and have good work ethics, never met one I never disliked, they are good people in my book.

Old 04-22-2007, 06:15 PM

140 posts, read 532,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blkaneseichiban View Post
Okay I accidently came across this post/forum because I'm actually working on a research paper about Asian Males/Black Female relationship and how stereotypes (especially surrounding sexuality) have been known to hinder/inhibit such unions from even beginning.

This is more so an interst for me b/c first I am the product of a Japanese father (Nisei) and Black mother who are high school sweethearts and have been together for what will be their 27th wedding anniversary (but my older sis will be 30 so that tells u something lol). And it is an understatement to say that my family does not invoke curiosity in folks; and we always recieve sometimes disrespectful commentary from onlookers/friends/associates/strangers.

Also, while doing this research there is really little to NO research done on this type of pairing and I'm exploring why it isn't as prevalent as say BM/WF or AM/WF, etc.

And as far as my own dating styles I have primarily dated Black men or Black-mixed or Black Hispanics, only one male who was Blasian like me and his mother was Japanese and his father was Black. However, I've always been really interested in Asian men (I lied earlier, i did have a little boyfriend who was Korean back in the 1st grade hehehe), but I too have found roadblocks to dating Asian men.

But anyways thought I would share the living product of such a union and here are some photos:

THEN:
NOW:

You have a beautiful family. It shows that interracial marriage has its benefits when people are brave enough to cross the color lines despite what family and friends may say about it. I'm still struggling with that, to be honest. I would like to date an Asian man, simply because I have met some very nice good-looking ones and would like to get to know him better. I just want to have a richer dating experience, even though I hate dating. LOL! Dating is like shopping for shoes. I hate that! Not to get off subject. Anyway, I am open to dating different people because it can be boring staying in your comfort zone all the time, or worse, dating someone just because you think your family and friends would approve of them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies