Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-05-2009, 07:44 PM

37,183 posts, read 19,189,687 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
The comparison is that Bush didn't make idiodic statements, and he didn't embarrass the U.S. with giant protocol blunders.

Bush rarely had to even refer to his notes when speaking. And he often spoke extemporaneously.
Thanks for the belly laugh. It's been a long day and I really needed it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2009, 08:11 PM

5,032 posts, read 12,608,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
Thanks for the belly laugh. It's been a long day and I really needed it.
Where do these Republicans come from? Talk about duh! they should be embarrassed of themselves but are too dim to see reality

Old 04-05-2009, 08:12 PM

11,155 posts, read 15,704,085 times
Quote:
The comparison is that Bush didn't make idiodic statements,
AAAAAHHahahahahahhahahaha....haha....AHAHAHHAHAHAH AHA
HAHAHAHAHAHAHHhahah.... ha.

Something tells me there will not be best selling books and calendars produced about the linguistic mishaps (to put it nicely) of Mr. Obama.

Between this and claiming that Bush was a good president, I'm sorry but we are going to have to revoke your credibility. No matter your ideology, you've overspent your limit. Even professional historians place him 36th out of 43.

Seriously, try to get beyond your partisan rage and the fact that we have a president implementing a different philosophy than you would. You'll see we have a pretty darn intelligent and politically savvy captain at the healm who understands the complexity of the world and the necessity for complex solutions.

Old 04-05-2009, 08:22 PM

5,032 posts, read 12,608,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefly View Post
AAAAAHHahahahahahhahahaha....haha....AHAHAHHAHAHAH AHA
HAHAHAHAHAHAHHhahah.... ha.

Something tells me there will not be best selling books and calendars produced about the linguistic mishaps (to put it nicely) of Mr. Obama.

Between this and claiming that Bush was a good president, I'm sorry but we are going to have to revoke your credibility. No matter your ideology, you've overspent your limit. Even professional historians place him 36th out of 43.

Seriously, try to get beyond your partisan rage and the fact that we have a president implementing a different philosophy than you would. You'll see we have a pretty darn intelligent and politically savvy captain at the healm who understands the complexity of the world and the necessity for complex solutions.
I'm seeing a sad reality that the Republican posters are not only feeble in the smarts department but willing to twist the truth in order to deal with their own significant self-doubt. A few years in college would do wonders for these cerebral lightweights

Old 04-05-2009, 08:25 PM

37,961 posts, read 22,143,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by happ View Post
You are totally blind & likely not very bright! Dream on, sonny I see you live on a farm: figures!
I'm new to these forums, so forgive me if I missed some inside joke, but why demean a person because they work a farm? Did you eat today, or maybe yesterday, or plan to eat tomorrow?

Old 04-05-2009, 08:29 PM

11,155 posts, read 15,704,085 times
Yeah - dissing on people living on a farm is really below the belt.

Your dinner wasn't manufactured in Safeway factories.

Farming is an incredibly difficult profession that deserves our utmost respect, even though it doesn't always get it.

So, thank you Wapasha, for doing what you do.

Old 04-05-2009, 08:44 PM

9,367 posts, read 25,208,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by happ View Post
Aren't you watching the reception our president and first lady are getting everywhere they go in Europe. When Michelle spoke to a group of high school girls the students began to cry in joy. President Obama met with a huge auditorium of college students in France who cheered him, listening carefully to the American leader. The amount of good that President Obama has created is just remarkable
I was just talking about this with a friend last night. In just three months.... so glad I am around to witness this. I see limitless possibilities world wide among all faiths. They speak what so many feel and are so genuine. Let's hear it for community organizing! The world community.

Old 04-05-2009, 08:48 PM

9,367 posts, read 25,208,767 times
Quote:
Bush rarely had to even refer to his notes when speaking. And he often spoke extemporaneously.
LOL- thanks for the laugh. It's obvious to anyone who has heard him speak that he spoke extemporaneously. "Is our children learning?"

Old 04-05-2009, 08:50 PM

2,265 posts, read 3,732,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dukester View Post
President Obama Exercises Diplomacy, Helps Avert Mess (Again)

April 04, 2009 1:28 PM

On the heels of his negotiations at the G-20 economic summit - where he negotiated a way out of a potential logjam spurred by a heated debate between France and China over tax havens - President Obama exercised his negotiating skills once again on this overseas trip, this time at the NATO Summit.
This time the debate was over whether Danish Prime Minister Anders Fogh Rasmussen should become the next secretary general of NATO.

President Obama Exercises Diplomacy, Helps Avert Mess (Again) - Political Punch
The Great Appeaser is more like it.

Old 04-05-2009, 08:58 PM

40,952 posts, read 49,176,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
I'm new to these forums, so forgive me if I missed some inside joke, but why demean a person because they work a farm? Did you eat today, or maybe yesterday, or plan to eat tomorrow?
All happ knows to do is criticize and call names. Very seldom does he / she make an intelligent post or prove a point.

Go ahead happ and respond to prove my point.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies