Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-05-2008, 04:31 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,959,965 times

Advertisements

a very sad day for homosexuals whom actually believe and value "marriage".

I don't, I think marriage is great in theory but is a bunch of fooey in reality.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2008, 04:56 PM

11,466 posts, read 19,357,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buildings_and_bridges View Post
It is NOT a lifestyle.
Thats what I would say too if I was looking to justify my actions.

Old 11-05-2008, 05:16 PM

1,718 posts, read 2,425,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomander View Post
Should have focused on Civil Unions. /shrug
I don't believe for a second that when gays later then pushed to put civil unions on the level of marriage (due to the difference in rights) the same people against gay marriage wouldn't have pushed to keep that from happening too.

Quote:
Actually your view is ignorant, how the hell can you compair gay's to a race of people, gay's are not a race of people, it is a lifestyle and nobody took anything away from them, it had been pushed onto the normal people by some retard judge, the people have spoken stop your crying.
Oh they've spoken...with a little help from the Mormon church whose ads told them if they didn't vote for Prop 8 that their young children would come home from school believing they could now marry a woman. Or that if they didn't vote it in Chruches would lose their tax exception, etc.

Well guess what, I for one am now all for the latter. Churches want to play in politics, donate huge amounts of money and lie? Bye bye tax exception.

Quote:
You assume some feel like they have to. I for one don't; not to any person on earth.

Old 11-05-2008, 05:22 PM

32,620 posts, read 77,640,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roaddog View Post
Tell me the day you woke up and said "I like women." Were you 12? 14? 2? Was it a Thursday? Was it morning? Evening? How can this be a conscious choice? You find the thought of being in a relationship with the same sex to be as repugnant as those of us in the LGBT community find the notion of engaging in a relationship with a member of the opposite sex to be. It's just who we are.

Old 11-05-2008, 05:24 PM

4,050 posts, read 6,142,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roaddog View Post
I'm not trying to justify anything. Don't assume I'm just talking about myself or anything I might or might not have done, of which you have no knowledge. I'm just telling you. I'm definitely not in the mood to try to say anything gingerly today. I'm sick of all this.

Old 11-05-2008, 05:39 PM

50,327 posts, read 47,080,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScranBarre View Post
Tell me the day you woke up and said "I like women." Were you 12? 14? 2? Was it a Thursday? Was it morning? Evening? How can this be a conscious choice? You find the thought of being in a relationship with the same sex to be as repugnant as those of us in the LGBT community find the notion of engaging in a relationship with a member of the opposite sex to be. It's just who we are.
Most of that same paragraph could be used by someone attracted to minors. And I ain't talkin the ones that dig in the dirt.

Old 11-05-2008, 05:42 PM

32,620 posts, read 77,640,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Most of that same paragraph could be used by someone attracted to minors. And I ain't talkin the ones that dig in the dirt.

Old 11-05-2008, 05:43 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,273,270 times
Quote:
Oh Please! How stupid can you be

Old 11-05-2008, 05:44 PM

1,718 posts, read 2,425,825 times
Quote:
I'm not trying to justify anything. Don't assume I'm just talking about myself or anything I might or might not have done, of which you have no knowledge. I'm just telling you. I'm definitely not in the mood to try to say anything gingerly today. I'm sick of all this.
Remember, take the forum in small doses today and when that fails, head over to Freerepublic. They're losing their minds over there to the point there is actually a spot where there are over a 100 comments all advocating that we take the right to vote AWAY from women in order to give the men time to fix the country from women's liberal crap.

Quote:
Oh come on. You may not support gay rights, marriage or anything else but don't make an argument that for one second connects us to pedophiles.

Old 11-05-2008, 05:46 PM

11,466 posts, read 19,357,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScranBarre View Post
I was always attracted to the opposite sex, thats the way nature works, it's the only reason for a male and female, you can make up all you want to justify your lifestyle and I would do the same if I were confused.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies