Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-05-2024, 11:42 AM

88,525 posts, read 84,719,546 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjbradleynyc View Post
Winner of dumbest comment award!
There was a grinny face, so I think he was being facetious.

Old 04-05-2024, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
Epicenter was in a Republican part of NJ...
...about ten miles from Donald's Trump's estate, in fact.

Old 04-05-2024, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyHobkins View Post
I'm in New Jersey and my office building was shaking and swaying, even a couple ceiling tiles fell down. They evacuated the building and I went home. Decided to stop a Burger King and they were closed due to earthquake. My house has some stress fractures along the wall of the main beam of the house and cracks in my basement.

Earthquakes hit much harder in New Jersey over California because we sit on granite.
Maybe God's trying to tell YOU something, Danny. All those posts about DT being "God's anointed". Blasphemy.

Old 04-05-2024, 12:00 PM

22,180 posts, read 19,453,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo48 View Post
My daughter lives on LI. I live in PA. She called me this morning to say her house was shaking. Did you feel the earthquake? Nothing at all. Map quested our locations from the Epicenter in NJ. She is 2 hours away and I'm an hour away. Does elevation above sea level make a difference? LI, and NYC, are at sea level. I am in the Mountains at an elevation of 1500 feet.

I am sure the people in Allentown, and Philly, were able to feel the quake
Part of it might simply be different people feel it a bit different or could be where in the House or building you are (or a combination of the two). Some people in my office felt it while others 20 feet away from them didn't, I was didn't feel it though was literally in the men's room in another part of the building
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2024, 12:18 PM

19,610 posts, read 12,212,859 times
In northern MA in a ground floor room the chair felt like it was wiggling a little, so my butt was wiggling and I didn't like that. The window rattled a bit and a large monitor on a plastic stand was wiggling. There is construction around here and a busy road but I knew it wasn't that. I guessed it was a seismic event, just waited for the confirmation of where it came from.

Old 04-05-2024, 12:20 PM

45,541 posts, read 27,160,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Maybe God's trying to tell YOU something, Danny. All those posts about DT being "God's anointed". Blasphemy.
Really??

If you want to play the whole immorality game, then include the rampant lawlessness, lewd sexual practices, and unequal system of justice the takes place. Just because you don't like Trump, don't turn a blind eye to other sin.

Or you could just say everyone needs to turn to the Lord and leave it at that.

Old 04-05-2024, 12:26 PM

445 posts, read 318,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Really??

If you want to play the whole immorality game, then include the rampant lawlessness, lewd sexual practices, and unequal system of justice the takes place. Just because you don't like Trump, don't turn a blind eye to other sin.

Or you could just say everyone needs to turn to the Lord and leave it at that.
Or everyone can just live in reality instead of worrying about mythical nonsense. We have enough real life problems. Such a testament to the low IQ displayed on this forum that we see an earthquake in NJ/NY considered some kind of mythical "punishment".

Old 04-05-2024, 12:28 PM

10,832 posts, read 4,517,327 times
Quote:
I was in the WTC on 9/11. I am not in the NY/NJ area today, but I think if I was there and felt the ground shake, I would have said, "Oh, that's just 9/11 PTSD" and kept going. A weird aftereffect is that every once in a while, especially when in a public place, I feel as if the ground is shifting under my feet like it did at 8:46 a.m. that day. When it happens, I just look around and if no one else notices the ground is moving, I just shrug and realize it's a piece of the WTC I took with me.

"Oh wait, you felt that, too?" LOL

wait, you were IN the bldg????? no sh**? wow, tell us

Old 04-05-2024, 12:47 PM

19,219 posts, read 17,080,738 times
Quote:
Well the thought of a bigger one like that. I've been living in New Jersey for most of my life, and there were always earthquakes from the Ramapo and Hopewell faults. Usually small rattling things, 2 point somethings. There was one a little bigger about six or seven years ago that people felt, but this 4.8 is the strongest in many years.
Growing up in the NY area I remember the one back in the 70's from the Ramapo fault that got people concerned because it ran under the Nuclear Reactor at Indian Point in Westchester. We got a big one in Virginia back in 2011 that registered 5.8 and did quite a bit of damage to building close to the epicenter.

Old 04-05-2024, 12:54 PM

23,218 posts, read 29,026,930 times
Trump cult members: If Trump was still President, this never would have happened!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies