Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2023, 08:46 PM

8,340 posts, read 6,803,165 times

Advertisements

CNN

Judge Arthur Engoron rebuked Donald Trump after the former president attacked his clerk in a social media post on Tuesday and forbade the parties from making any future comments about his staff.

“This morning one of the defendants posted on (a) social media account a disparaging untrue and personally identifying post about a member of my staff. Although I have since ordered the post deleted and apparently it was, it was also emailed out to millions of other recipients,” the judge said in court

https://www.cnn.com/2023/10/03/polit...eat/index.html

What did Trump do?

Trump posted on Truth Social Tuesday attacking Engoron’s clerk, claiming she was a “girlfriend” to Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer, a New York Democrat, and showing a picture of the two of them together.

“How disgraceful!” Trump wrote. “This case should be dismissed immediately.”

I don't know if they've caught them in flagrant dilecto but calling her a girlfriend without fool proof I would say is conjecture.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2023, 08:53 PM

37,170 posts, read 19,265,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Disgustedman View Post
CNN

Judge Arthur Engoron rebuked Donald Trump after the former president attacked his clerk in a social media post on Tuesday and forbade the parties from making any future comments about his staff.

“This morning one of the defendants posted on (a) social media account a disparaging untrue and personally identifying post about a member of my staff. Although I have since ordered the post deleted and apparently it was, it was also emailed out to millions of other recipients,” the judge said in court

https://www.cnn.com/2023/10/03/polit...eat/index.html

What did Trump do?

Trump posted on Truth Social Tuesday attacking Engoron’s clerk, claiming she was a “girlfriend” to Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer, a New York Democrat, and showing a picture of the two of them together.

“How disgraceful!” Trump wrote. “This case should be dismissed immediately.”

I don't know if they've caught them in flagrant dilecto but calling her a girlfriend without fool proof I would say is conjecture.
He identified her and posted her Instagram address. He doxxed her, in other words. That opens her up for threats.

He was advised by the judge not to do anything so stupid again.

Old 10-03-2023, 09:03 PM

7,646 posts, read 9,967,481 times
He ought to throw Trumps fat butt in jail for 30 days for contempt of court. And the other one in DC needs to revoke bail remand him into custody until trial as a threat and flight risk.

Imagine the guy whining about a jury when his lawyer forgot to request one. But a jury would hang him anyway. A bunch of poor taxpayers listening to how a rich guy scams the system. Not even maga zealots would be stupid enough throw the trial after hearing how bad this guy ripped them off.

The dude's toast. He's gonna end up broke toast. And what's kinda sad is it all could have been avoided had he just accepted he lost, said, "I'll be back in 4 years." And he would have been. Instead we watch it all crash and burn.

Old 10-03-2023, 09:07 PM

8,340 posts, read 6,803,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
He identified her and posted her Instagram address. He doxxed her, in other words. That opens her up for threats.

He was advised by the judge not to do anything so stupid again.
Liberals have been doing that to Republicans for quite a while not to mention also supreme courts judges.....

Old 10-03-2023, 09:11 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 20 days ago)

35,672 posts, read 18,045,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamies View Post
He ought to throw Trumps fat butt in jail for 30 days for contempt of court. And the other one in DC needs to revoke bail remand him into custody until trial as a threat and flight risk.

Imagine the guy whining about a jury when his lawyer forgot to request one. But a jury would hang him anyway. A bunch of poor taxpayers listening to how a rich guy scams the system. Not even maga zealots would be stupid enough throw the trial after hearing how bad this guy ripped them off.
I agree. Telling him to cut it out won't work. He doesn't take direction from authority.

And his followers are very attuned to taking direction on his authority, so she's in danger now.

Old 10-03-2023, 09:20 PM

37,170 posts, read 19,265,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Disgustedman View Post
Liberals have been doing that to Republicans for quite a while not to mention also supreme courts judges.....
Donnie Dumbass learned the hard way not to do it to the staff of the judge who is presiding over the penalty phase of his judgement. He had better remember if he doesn’t want to cool his heels in the hoosegow for 30 days. Judge Engoron was not asking him to play nice with the gag order.

Old 10-03-2023, 09:49 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,409,333 times
Its fairly common knowledge to most folks who are even a tiny bit of familiar with judges that theres one thing they will in fact smack you down for-giving grief to their staff. Im mildly surprised Trump isnt catching time.

Old 10-03-2023, 10:08 PM

18,983 posts, read 9,098,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Its fairly common knowledge to most folks who are even a tiny bit of familiar with judges that theres one thing they will in fact smack you down for-giving grief to their staff. Im mildly surprised Trump isnt catching time.
This is the real two-tiered justice system. Any other defendant would have been in custody by now from at least one of the judges in his criminal trials, if not all, for the kind of things he has been posting about the judges, witnesses and DAs. They're afraid to take that step with Trump, but maybe this judge has opened that door at last. He will not stop trying to taint the jury pools and issue threats against people until he is forced to. They need to start getting tough with him. Now, before someone gets hurt. This poor woman is going to have to watch her back now. This is unconscionable.

Old 10-03-2023, 10:31 PM

10,835 posts, read 4,380,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamies View Post

The dude's toast. He's gonna end up broke toast. And what's kinda sad is it all could have been avoided had he just accepted he lost, said, "I'll be back in 4 years." And he would have been. Instead we watch it all crash and burn.
Nobody has more connections than Trump. No chance of him ever being "broke". He'll be in the Oval Office again anyway, so money is irrelevant....
Only losers accept losing.

Old 10-03-2023, 10:35 PM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,660,457 times
Corruption is alive and well in that courtroom.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies