Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-10-2023, 08:00 AM

18,028 posts, read 14,043,640 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leona Valley View Post
Been known for a long time. This documentary is evidence of it.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=sbjHOBJzhb0&feature=share

Amen brother!!!

And to all you druggies out there. Why do you think they call it "DOPE"? Eh, you dopeheads ever thought about that????

Old 05-10-2023, 08:02 AM

10,079 posts, read 9,615,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Igor Blevin View Post
Bbbbut Pot is a harmless drug!!

Mass shootings are accelerating and we never look toward things like this as being a potential cause of them. The lie that marijuana is harmless is sick and dangerous, and has impacted a huge number of people.
So what you’re saying is that we need to keep a close eye on Snoop Dogg and Willie Nelson?

Old 05-10-2023, 08:10 AM

8,428 posts, read 3,805,631 times
There seems to be a sense that in order to justify the legalization of marijuana it needs to be shown that there are no negative effects of using it under any circumstances, even when used to excess. The big elephant in the room there though is the legalization of alcohol. It is far more destructive yet there is no need to prove it is universally unharmful in order to justify its legality. It can be more destructive than marijuana yet marijuana is still held to the impossible standard of having no negative effects. I think its mostly a stubbornness on the part of older generations. They can't shake the stigma so they hold it to an impossible standard. They were raised to believe alcohol was ok if not done to excess but marijuana was wrong no matter what, so to justify changing its status it must be proven to be unharmful in every way no matter what.

As to the increased strength of modern marijuana, are you saying beer and wine should be legal but spirits should not? The lesser strength alcoholic drinks can still be used to excess, and often are. I bet alcoholism has destroyed more people and more families than marijuana use has, per capita, outside of the legal ramifications that stem from the latter being illegal.

Old 05-10-2023, 08:11 AM

4,396 posts, read 1,627,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motion View Post
Did we legalize marijuana too soon?
We know cigarettes cause lung cancer, yet they remain legal. Seems to me, you make the public aware of the risks and let them make their own choices.

Old 05-10-2023, 08:13 AM

26,583 posts, read 19,467,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
And as was the case the first time around, smokers will continue to deny and rationalize as the evidence builds.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
Alcohol and cigarettes are exponentially more harmful to the human body than pot.
See what I mean...

Spoiler
So is arsenic. That's not a valid defense. It's like defending theft because murder is worse.

Old 05-10-2023, 08:16 AM

10,261 posts, read 4,949,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RICANRICAN View Post
I have seen growing in the 70s and 80s and now pot heads smoking their weed "wet" meaning pcp in the joint the pass couple of years I seen young dudes going nuts smashing windows running crazy thier friend trying to hold them down to take them to hospital like said I seen this in the 70s pcp back then was call angel dust!
They say many like to dip or lace their pot with other stuff. Just like the pill poppers that want a buffet high. Even dunderhead college students mix energy drinks and alcohol.

Also most chemical intoxicants don't manufacture behavior, thoughts or emotion they tend to lower impulse control and allow the adddict/alkie to act on what's already running through their head. Those getting all freaky probably had issues and/or urges before chemical consumption which is why they consuming in the first place.

Old 05-10-2023, 08:22 AM

7,550 posts, read 11,464,110 times
This info touches on Amsterdam. It's about high potency weed.

Quote:
The study of 11 sites across Europe, published in The Lancet Psychiatry, finds daily cannabis use, especially of high potency cannabis, is strongly linked to the risk of developing psychosis. In cities where high potency cannabis is widely available, such as London and Amsterdam, the study finds a significant proportion of new cases of psychosis are associated with daily cannabis use and high potency cannabis.

https://www.kcl.ac.uk/news/high-pote...s-of-psychosis

Old 05-10-2023, 08:24 AM

44,237 posts, read 19,151,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motion View Post
This info touches on Amsterdam. It's about high potency weed.
That is noted in the study linked I the OP's story.
The US..is 14% while Denmark is 30% potency.

Old 05-10-2023, 08:28 AM

18,014 posts, read 15,766,449 times
Yep! Lets dig out those old Reefer Madness clips. Folks need to be informed. LOL. We used to watch those old clips back in HS passing the bong around. The dispensary weed is pretty potent these days. Little bit goes a long ways.I started indulging again a few months back. It helps with pain nausea and sleep issues. I have to deal with all of it.

My pain management doc is fine with that. She says they don't even test for weed anymore. But going back, the weed we had back in the 80s wasn't all ragweed leaf shake. Had all sorts of super potent stuff float my way back then. Nice thing about having it legal now is there are lots of options besides smoking. tincture RSO edibles. We made some wicked brownies back in the day from the grocery bags of bud trimming shake the old hippies up on the mountain gave us. Yep. Just gave it to us.

So now it's going schizo that weed is responsible for. In addition to all the other hooey about it. It's far less harmful than booze. THAT is a fact. Man made booze God made grass. Who do you trust? Pot doesn't have anywhere close to the harmful effect of alcohol. There's always some "study" or another popping up that take swipes at legal weed.

Way I see it if booze is going to be legal in any quantities you want to buy it (weed is limited to a certain amount per day) there's a few other substances that should be available as well. But I won't go there right now. Every time one of these new studies on weed comes out I just roll my eyes and keep on tokin'. Oh, just to add to this new public service announcement on the devil weed, did you know folks that masturbation can make you go blind and grow hair on your palms?

Old 05-10-2023, 08:42 AM

16,374 posts, read 10,628,063 times
I love this board so much. It's the only place where you really can go back in time and read posts that appear to have been written in 1961.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies