Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you support giving Ukraine F-16s
Yes 201 39.88%
No 254 50.40%
Unsure 49 9.72%
Voters: 504. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-28-2022, 01:11 PM

2,974 posts, read 1,993,587 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GldnRule View Post
Read it again...I said "We weren't defending our home territory in Vietnam."
You musta missed that.
..thank you, point taken, i did misread it....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2022, 01:11 PM

12,595 posts, read 6,689,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawk55732 View Post
I asked this earlier and you didnt answer. When you say he could end this, are you talking about nuclear or conventional?
I have educated myself in a ultra-detailed Military Analysis of this conflict.
I have studied the assessment of some of the best Military Tacticians and Analysts in the world.
I like to find those with a neutral view....that have no bias and/or tainted/skewed view.
One of my favorites is Indian Major General G. D. Bakshi. He is brilliant (he says "Every war is a "Combat Laboratory")...and has made a thorough analysis from the very beginning.
Here is his analysis 100 days in...it addresses your question and answers many others. There are many by him with his expert critique...from the start, until present.
I highly recommend, for those that really want to be educated about it, and want to discuss from a position of knowledge.
https://youtu.be/78KbH3Eb8lc

Old 11-28-2022, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justus978 View Post
..thank you, point taken, i did misread it....
All good...thanx for your service. I salute you.

Old 11-28-2022, 01:23 PM

47,061 posts, read 26,192,370 times
Quote:
I have educated myself in a ultra-detailed Military Analysis of this conflict.
I have studied the assessment of some of the best Military Tacticians and Analysts in the world.
I like to find those with a neutral view....that have no bias and/or tainted/skewed view.
One of my favorites is Indian Major General G. D. Bakshi. He is brilliant (he says "Every war is a "Combat Laboratory")...and has made a thorough analysis from the very beginning.
Here is his analysis 100 days in...it addresses your question and answers many others. There are many by him with his expert critique...from the start, until present.
I highly recommend, for those that really want to be educated about it, and want to discuss from a position of knowledge.
https://youtu.be/78KbH3Eb8lc
Your waffling is unbecoming. Conventional or not? It's not a hard question.

Old 11-28-2022, 01:36 PM

1,709 posts, read 644,115 times
Quote:
He has not used anywhere near his capacity to deploy air power and/or launch missle strikes.
He doesn't want it to be completely destroyed.
Notice that you have not seen those relentless rocket attacks that the Russians are known for.
But...he certainly could if he decided to. And, I believe, as a "last resort"...he will.
Sure buddy, you keep believing that. Pooter's army isnt that capable.

Old 11-28-2022, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Your waffling is unbecoming. Conventional or not? It's not a hard question.
Speaking from a studied, educated, position of knowledge is not "waffling".

Either would suffice...and they have plenty of both. So....

But I don't know if he would go nuclear...the only Country to ever use weapons like that on another, is the U.S
Though, it may be more a worry of geographical proximity than any moral dilemma.
We will see.0

Old 11-28-2022, 01:57 PM

13,877 posts, read 5,067,347 times
Quote:
We weren't defending our home territory in Vietnam.
And Russia is not defending her home territory in Ukraine.

Russian soldiers don’t appreciate being sent to die for someone else’s village, any more than our guys did in Vietnam. Russian mothers aren’t too happy about their sons coming home in body bags just to satisfy their leaders ego, any more than American moms were in 1970. Russia will tire of this war and leave. There’s no question of that; the only question is when.

Old 11-28-2022, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbsoluteVirtue View Post
Sure buddy, you keep believing that. Pooter's army isnt that capable.
I try to "know" rather than just "believe"...so I study, research, and educate myself.
I've put in hundreds of hours on this. I would be glad to share facts and information.

What information, facts, and knowledge do you base your claim upon that Putin's (your childish "Pooter") Army "isn't that capable"?
I would be interested to know...as it goes completely
against my research.

Old 11-28-2022, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo58 View Post
And Russia is not defending her home territory in Ukraine.

Russian soldiers don’t appreciate being sent to die for someone else’s village, any more than our guys did in Vietnam. Russian mothers aren’t too happy about their sons coming home in body bags just to satisfy their leaders ego, any more than American moms were in 1970. Russia will tire of this war and leave. There’s no question of that; the only question is when.
From my detailed research and analysis...it is true that Russia will tire of this war and leave.
They had no idea that the Ukraine would receive the level of support it has. They sure didn't get that support the last time Russia went in.
But I do not believe he will leave until he has inflicted maximum damage and suffering upon Ukraine...and he will resort to anything that will further that mission.
Including carrying out extended heavy missle and air strikes on urban areas.
That is the standard Russian method...and, uncharacteristically, they have not done that. Though they are starting to.

Old 11-28-2022, 02:39 PM

2,953 posts, read 1,000,320 times
Quote:
I try to "know" rather than just "believe"...so I study, research, and educate myself.
I've put in hundreds of hours on this. I would be glad to share facts and information.

What information, facts, and knowledge do you base your claim upon that Putin's (your childish "Pooter") Army "isn't that capable"?
I would be interested to know...as it goes completely
against my research.
You sound offended that you aren't being universally agreed with just because you've done lots of research. You can't prove that your prediction is correct. There's no closed-form solution for military victory. Maybe reading isn't the best way to an understanding. Maybe you're reading all the wrong books as Will Hunting once famously said. Perhaps the answer's not in the details of numbers of men, materiel, road conditions, frost depth and technology. Perhaps it's in the big picture that's already quite stark if you're able to see it. Understand that a bunch of people here see a Russian military that has failed at so many 101s as it were that the ending is now almost a foregone conclusion. Institutional failures that can't be fixed with troop numbers, re-arming or money. They can't do logistics. They just don't know how to project power at all. They either don't understand combined arms or they've never practiced it. Their command structure is inflexible and hierarchical. Troops in the field who lose commanders or lose comms or meet with the inevitable surprise of the Ukrainians not behaving per plans are stymied and rendered inert. Incapable of adaptation. Troop training is terrible and morale is worse. Weapons, ammo and cold weather uniforms have been plundered by layers upon layers of the Russian kleptocracy. They often fight units that have never trained together and have no cohesion.

I haven't been right about the outcome of this war. I didn't foresee the impacts of institutional thievery and the Potemkin arsenal of flawed and inferior weaponry and I damn sure didn't foresee the hard bark on those Ukrainians. What I did suspect from a 40,000' big picture point of view was that the Russians were vastly inferior to the U.S. military. I was pretty sure we could beat them. It's the Roman Legion effect. We've been fighting all around the world since 1941 basically without relent. The non-obvious good side to that is that our military has forgotten more about warfare and combat than Russia and China will ever know. We have decades of hard lessons learned from both victories and defeats teaching us how to train, how to command troops, tactics, how to fight in different environments, synergy between weapons systems and between branches of the service, communications, tech, logistics on and on. Rome didn't fight so well because of their tech it was because of institutional lore and experience of fighting non-stop for centuries. That stuff matters more than whether or not your tank turrets blow off or how many men you have. I was pretty sure Russia might have some real Achilles heels but I had no idea it was this bad. I also had no idea Ukraine would be this tough either.

When a freshman in college fails at 'everything 101' you don't need to analyze their IQ to forecast their graduation order.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies