Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you support giving Ukraine F-16s
Yes 201 39.88%
No 254 50.40%
Unsure 49 9.72%
Voters: 504. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2022, 02:33 AM

51,721 posts, read 26,011,112 times

Advertisements

Speaking of number of soldiers, just ran across this video of what is supposedly the Russian army 113th Regiment complaining about lack of food, weapons, and general poor conditions.

Other than being men, they don't particularly look like a group of soldiers. For example, soldiers don't typically hold their rifles this way.

What's with the white arm and leg bands?

https://twitter.com/ChristopherJM/st...66831393828864
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2022, 05:07 AM

4,968 posts, read 2,747,822 times
Russia may very well be 'winning' at the current time, but I think the tide will turn against them in a few weeks..their morale must be at an all time low..listen to the intercepted audio of a Russian soldier with only 20 days left on his contract..

https://news.yahoo.com/intercepted-a...102055444.html

Old 06-02-2022, 05:38 AM

4,968 posts, read 2,747,822 times
and here's another audio of higher ranking officers blaming Putin..

https://nypost.com/2022/05/31/russia...-leaked-audio/

Old 06-02-2022, 06:38 AM

3,268 posts, read 1,637,677 times
Hundreds of intercepted and translated phone calls here…

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqo...hR4oKPg/videos

Old 06-02-2022, 07:39 AM

19,210 posts, read 27,844,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Speaking of number of soldiers, just ran across this video of what is supposedly the Russian army 113th Regiment complaining about lack of food, weapons, and general poor conditions.

Other than being men, they don't particularly look like a group of soldiers. For example, soldiers don't typically hold their rifles this way.

What's with the white arm and leg bands?

https://twitter.com/ChristopherJM/st...66831393828864

Well, it is not 113th regiment complaining. It is a "company" within "battalion" within 113th regiment. In this case, company is about 50-60 people.
They are not regular soldiers either. They are DNR militia or, territorial defense. What you can easily see from their - well, appearance and manners.

I don't have time to listen to the entire litany of complaints they have but, skipping, they are complaining to DNR leadership about everything, you mentioned, and then some. Particularly, what stroke me, is that they are, pretty much, all decommissioned soldiers, with diseases, clearly disqualifying them from active service. It literally seems to be a backup company out of people, not capable to carry active duty, utilized for general behind the front line duties. Hence, the white bands, as white is, all over the world, assigned to medical support. If I have time later tonight, I might go in detail through his speech.
Yet, that band of laymen simply does not seem right....

Old 06-02-2022, 07:44 AM

3,375 posts, read 2,925,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice_Major View Post
What people tend to forget is that war strategy can be adjusted. I suspect some of the Russian initial mishaps were due to trying to test Ukrainian defenses. As the war drags on, the Russians learn more and more and adjust their tactics. They also bring in better equipment. This explains some of their most recent success. It's like poking at the adversary until you find their weakness. Look at Cheyna. The first war went horribly. By the second time around adjustments were made and success followed.

A lot of ridicule is thrown at the Russian military, and puts down are numerous, but the Russian war record throughout history is good. I mean they were responsible for 70% of the Nazis losses. Defeated Napoleon and handed numerous defeats to the Ottomans. You can bring up Afghanistan, but let's not forget the U.S. was thrown out there as well. Sure the U.S. held it for longer, but that is because they stopped directly engaging the Taliban letting them have large swaths of the country. People must stop underestimating Russian capabilities.
Excuse me, but according to Wikipedia https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/German...n_World_War_II, Russians were responsible for 90% of German losses, not counting Italians, Romanians, etc. Russians also took down as many Japanese soldiers in 1 month with conventional weapons as Americans took down in 4 years (and using nukes)...

The total participation of _all_ the Western allies in the WW2 can be accounted to maybe 5-10%... Do not act up as if without USA the soviets won't win the war.

Old 06-02-2022, 07:47 AM

51,721 posts, read 26,011,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by double6's View Post
Russia may very well be 'winning' at the current time, but I think the tide will turn against them in a few weeks..their morale must be at an all time low..listen to the intercepted audio of a Russian soldier with only 20 days left on his contract..

https://news.yahoo.com/intercepted-a...102055444.html
I suspect that you are not the only one who thinks the tide is about to turn.

Every time I open my computer, there's another report about more long-range weapons being shipped to Ukraine. Lithuanians just crowdfunded $5 million to buy them a Bayraktar, for crying out loud.

Russians appear to have gathered in eastern Ukraine, well within the range of all these newly acquired weapons.

Old 06-02-2022, 08:07 AM

25,732 posts, read 17,496,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brrabbit View Post
Excuse me, but according to Wikipedia https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/German...n_World_War_II, Russians were responsible for 90% of German losses, not counting Italians, Romanians, etc. Russians also took down as many Japanese soldiers in 1 month with conventional weapons as Americans took down in 4 years (and using nukes)...

The total participation of _all_ the Western allies in the WW2 can be accounted to maybe 5-10%... Do not act up as if without USA the soviets won't win the war.
Just because Germans died in Russia does not mean the Russian army killed them. "General Winter" killed most of them.

Old 06-02-2022, 08:29 AM

8,194 posts, read 3,749,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
Just because Germans died in Russia does not mean the Russian army killed them. "General Winter" killed most of them.
Weather was a contributing factor.

The bolded statement is complete BS of course. Where did you study alternative history?

Old 06-02-2022, 08:44 AM

21,427 posts, read 7,509,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
They are right to be concerned. Russia is having issues in dealing with a fluid battlefront. They seemed to expect to invade in one place and force the Ukrainians to face them on the battlefront of their preference. Ukraine seems to think thats moronic (cause it is), and is pushing in places where the Russians don't have the troop strength. This will lead to asymetric casualties for the Russians.
This is going to be a long period of bloodletting.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies