Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you support giving Ukraine F-16s
Yes 209 40.04%
No 263 50.38%
Unsure 50 9.58%
Voters: 522. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 07:57 PM

26,965 posts, read 22,897,878 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by notghinsaw View Post
yep, and in Russia they are making $150/hour in the mine.

It was not about Russia ( which didn't EVEN WANT to admit Donbass into its Federation for eight damn years, Putin REFUSED to do it.)
I am talking about the situation back in 2014, where South-Eastern Ukraine was industrial hub of Ukraine, and people living there KNEW that that was going to be targeted and destroyed by the West in order to
A. Break Ukraine's economic ties with Russia,
B. To turn those Ukrainians that lost their jobs into cheap labor for EU ( Poland first of all.)

And people from the South-Eastern part ( Donbass first of all) didn't want any of it to happen ( not to mention to lose their native language and to have alien Nationalistic laws/cultural norms to be forced upon them.)

Last edited by erasure; Yesterday at 08:31 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Today, 03:16 AM

9,352 posts, read 4,965,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
So did I, and this particular thread can attest to it.
NBC? "Facts"?
"Russian sabotage campaign?"

Ask NBC a simple question first - who blew up that Nord Stream pipeline, once you started talking about "sabotage," why don't you?
As I pointed out in my previous post (did you even read it, before ridiculing it?) I said, I don't normally quote NBC, but, even a broken clock is right twice a day, and this is the same as I have observed, over the past 10 years of watching Russian propaganda.

Naturally you would bring up the Nordstream pipeline. Frankly, no one knows who blew it up, but, it is good someone did. I suspect our own people blew it up, but there are one or two other countries with resources to do the job. It should have never been built, but sometimes Europe doesn't know that you don't depend on your enemies for your food.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRex2 View Post
Thanks for the link.
The post you made, in the first 100 posts on that thread, told me all I needed to know about you.

I recommend everyone who discusses this with you should read it.
I should have written "I recommend anyone discussing this with you, go read what you wrote in the first 100 posts of that thread." Those posts tell a lot about your mindset.

Old Today, 03:32 AM

3,956 posts, read 1,871,512 times
Quote:
As I pointed out in my previous post (did you even read it, before ridiculing it?) I said, I don't normally quote NBC, but, even a broken clock is right twice a day, and this is the same as I have observed, over the past 10 years of watching Russian propaganda.

Naturally you would bring up the Nordstream pipeline. Frankly, no one knows who blew it up, but, it is good someone did. I suspect our own people blew it up, but there are one or two other countries with resources to do the job. It should have never been built, but sometimes Europe doesn't know that you don't depend on your enemies for your food.

I should have written "I recommend anyone discussing this with you, go read what you wrote in the first 100 posts of that thread." Those posts tell a lot about your mindset.
I disagree that's it was good to blow up Russia's pipeline. Why would you think that's good?

Old Today, 04:38 AM

9,352 posts, read 4,965,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wintergirl80 View Post
I disagree that's it was good to blow up Russia's pipeline. Why would you think that's good?
Russia can not use it to blackmail Europe, now that it is gone.

Old Today, 05:41 AM

25,032 posts, read 9,770,124 times
Quote:
Russia can not use it to blackmail Europe, now that it is gone.
That would increase the price of gas and oil. And that would increase the price of food globally.

You don't cut off your nose to spite your face.

Old Today, 07:31 AM

19,276 posts, read 27,972,769 times
Red Dawn!!!
Russian army entered New York!

No, no. The OTHER New York. Used to be Novogorodskoe. For some reason, maybe to be kewl, Ukraine renamed it into New York.
But, sounds very Red Dawn-ish.

Old Today, 07:34 AM

19,276 posts, read 27,972,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
That would increase the price of gas and oil. And that would increase the price of food globally.

You don't cut off your nose to spite your face.
"Arctic LNG-2" is waiting for the start of commercial shipments...

Vessel tracking agency Equasis reports that EIGHT gas carriers have been purchased by an unknown Dubai company this year. Moreover, FOUR of them are ice class. Moreover, these ships have already received permission from Russia to sail along the Northern Sea Route (NSR).

Ice-class gas carriers today are only needed for NOVATEK’s Arctic projects.

Without options, these are exactly the vessels that the South Koreans from Hanwha Ocean built for Russia, but were unable to transfer them due to the imposed sanctions. What is noteworthy is that when in 2022 it became clear that sanctions had already been introduced and there might be problems with shipping ships, this did not stop suppliers. And they completed the construction of gas carriers, which will now obviously get where they need to go (through the Dubai gasket).

In this way, we are solving the main problem for the commercial launch of the first stage of Arctic LNG-2, which was physically ready for operation at the end of last year. But it could not begin shipping gas to the customer due to the blocking of supplies of gas carriers to Russia.

In general, we are waiting for good news from this front. I think it's coming soon...
https://t.me/yurasumy/16217

Old Today, 09:13 AM

439 posts, read 201,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
It was not about Russia ( which didn't EVEN WANT to admit Donbass into its Federation for eight damn years, Putin REFUSED to do it.)
I am talking about the situation back in 2014, where South-Eastern Ukraine was industrial hub of Ukraine, and people living there KNEW that that was going to be targeted and destroyed by the West in order to
A. Break Ukraine's economic ties with Russia,
B. To turn those Ukrainians that lost their jobs into cheap labor for EU ( Poland first of all.)

And people from the South-Eastern part ( Donbass first of all) didn't want any of it to happen ( not to mention to lose their native language and to have alien Nationalistic laws/cultural norms to be forced upon them.)
There was nothing to destroy. Working class has never been rich in Ukraine. The only group of people who would be affected by joining EU would be oligarchs, owning the mines.

Old Today, 09:49 AM

25,852 posts, read 17,619,461 times
When Russia invaded Ukraine, they put at risk a third of the revenue needed for Russia's entire federal budget.
Putin thought there would be temporary setbacks (lasting months, perhaps) caused by European outrage, but it would be worth it in the long run because Russia would have Ukraine's large oil and gas assets with with they could bargain. Besides, there was no one else with whom the Europeans could trade, they thought.

They were wrong.

China is holding Russia's feet to the fire. Lacking any serious natural gas customers, Russia began work on its Power of Siberia gas pipeline. China, seeing Russia's eagerness, has now insisted that Russia sell China gas for the same rate that Russian citizens pay. That rate would make the pipeline almost useless to Russia.
Russia is losing again. 12 minutes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wQDpN4MWDPc

Old Today, 09:51 AM

25,852 posts, read 17,619,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
That would increase the price of gas and oil. And that would increase the price of food globally.....
But it didn't. Wheat was $12 in 2022. $7.30 now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies